A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
566 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Who's in Asheville???  (Read 9286 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alana1223
« on: January 14, 2007 08:36:13 AM »

I'm just curious who's from Asheville!!!

I've only lived here a year and a half, but I still don't know many people (the beauties working from home!)

Just wondering how many Craftsters are here in Asheville???

~alana
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summie
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007 07:34:08 PM »

I'm not in Asheville, but I'm in Cullowhee (Western Carolina University) about 45 minutes down the road. I love going to Asheville. I got turned onto Craftster by two of my coworkers, so that's 3 of us from the area Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am slowly but surely building a wist Wink http://www.wists.com/summie
My name is Summer, and I am a swapaholic.
stephela
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007 03:15:27 PM »

Hi.  I'm more of a lurker here, but I'm in Asheville!  I've been here about two years, myself.

I've been wondering if there's any crafty groups, or any interest in them, for a while now.  Thoughts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gene wilder rules!
Hippiemage

peace and hugs always

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007 10:49:27 AM »

I am in charlotte......would love to come visit ashville!  I just moved here from houston in november.  I am looking to meet some crafters also.  I think i am about 4 hours from ashville, but dont' really know where it is yet.  I do beads and hemp and know some others like quilting, and sewing and making somethign from nothing.  i just like to putter i guess...my daughter introduced me to this site and i am loving every minute i explore here....so much to read and see whew

get in touch perhaps we can do something.....i love a good road trip and second hand stores and craft shops....i buy and sell second hand jewelry also
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Peace, Hugs and Beads!!
alana1223
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007 05:22:09 AM »

Charlotte's only about an hour and a half from here.  I was just there the other day to pick up DH from the airport!  Smiley

I've never been a part of a craft group, but i think it would be fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hippiemage

peace and hugs always

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007 04:39:48 PM »

i think it would be also......hour and a half hrm.....that would work....what kind of crafting do you do? i love my beads lol.....but i have some other nad skills.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Peace, Hugs and Beads!!
alana1223
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007 05:06:17 AM »

mainly beads, but i just got a button maker and i love it!  i also am delving into the relm of resin casting... i do a LOT of digital work... lol.. i want to learn to sew..

how 'bout you?  why'd you move to nc and from where?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hippiemage

peace and hugs always

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007 05:15:05 AM »

Heh.... I LOVE BEADS!!!!  gots a gazillion of them lol!!! I can sew, have a brand new singer....what would you like to learn to do? quilting? curtains and household? clothing?  hey Huh??do you know anything at all about a mirrix loom?Huh  my kids got me one for my birthday and it is confussing the snot outta me!! lol
I am also a full time student at university of phoenix going for my aa in criminal justice. 

I moved to NC from Houston, Tx for two reasons:

my father had passed...i had no family left there

I am a survivor of domestic violence, my son came to get me and we packed up my stuff in bout two hours and left.  i will not be found here and if i am my son will deal with it ....

i live with my son, his fiance and their roomie.  and i feel like the safest woman in the world.  is a nice feeling.

hugs

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Peace, Hugs and Beads!!
Suite 309

make cute cross-stitches of them, do not eat them

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007 08:44:45 AM »

I'm in West Asheville Cheesy  I've only been here since July '06.  My girlfriend's parents, brother (and his wife and son) lived here, so it was very great to move here with them.  I love it here so much!!  But I don't know anyone either.  I just don't know how to meet like-minded folks.   Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kyrie04
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007 08:56:16 AM »

I'm from Cullowhee as well. Not too far from Asheville, and Charlotte is only like an hour and fifteen minutes if you take 40. I go there all the time, and it never takes more than two hours! It's an easy drive. I think a craft group would be fun! : ) And I know Summie would be up for it! : )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Isabel Marant Collection Hits H&M
Spring Trend Report: The Versatile Polo Shirt
GQ Fashion: Nouveau Garage
Aitor Throup: New Object Research 2013
Kai Lenny Style Challenge: The Suit Fitting
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...