A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
641 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Aussie Sweatshop Sampler Swap signups now closed, send feb 12th  (Read 18386 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cyndiq
i am aka sewsweet08 on yt come say hi

aussie craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 14, 2007 03:29:08 AM »

Aussie Sweatshop Sampler Swap
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

In this Aussie swap we are making, sending and recieving 5 packages with either a couple of small items or a medium sized item which would retail at about $10 and take about 1-2 hours total crafting time.
Everyone crafts 5 like items, and in return you will receive 5 different items from other particpants in the swap. You can nominate to do 1 (send to 5) set or 2 (send to 10) sets.
14/1/07: MODIFICATION: by popular request. we are doing a shop the sweatshop version. You offer 4 choices of what you are happy to send and recipients choose from your shop. You choose from the shops you are allocated by organizer. So this way if its a small swap people can get a variety of items to choose from.
we have 2 weeks of signups than 2 weeks to craft than send. so thats 4 weeks to make your items. make a sample and take a pic so we can all see it in this thread and help us with picking what we want to recieve.

Here are the details:
Swap name:Aussie Sweatshop Sampler Swap (ASSS)
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:cyndiq
Sign-up date range:Now to Jan 28th  2007
Date to send item by:Feb 12th 2007

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? yes aussie swap
All ages allowed? yes
This next part is for me and the Mods...
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Details of swap:
>each participant will make a choice of 4- 5  items.  people can choose to make 1 or 2 sets of 5  items. Yo than recieve back he same number of parcels that you send out.
>Each item/set of items  should be the best representation of your work, and have an estimated retail value of  $10 + Aus dollars. (you can ask the group if they think it meets this value in the discussion thread link here>> http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=144159.0
> When sign ups close, I will ask everyone for a 'top picks list'. That list is a wish list, from the items that are offered, and there will be an effort to match to you, as many items on your list, the remainder of items will be randomly placed. The top picks list is due Jan 28th 2007.
>We have a system for sending early; the master list of swappers will be color coded for those who are ready to receive items. When you are finished crafting, you will PM me, and I will change the color of your name on the master list to green, at that time you may send to any other green/ready person! I will also send out a check in PM for those who are not finished early, and at that time your status will be determined.

>No tracking number is required, however, if a package fails to arrive, you will be required to send another  unless you save your receipt from the PO, have taken photos of the items and package with the recievees name and address correct on it. make sure you have the correct address.

> Feedback will be given when all 5 items are confirmed as received.

>Positive feedback will be given for all people complying with the craftster swap guidelines. Late senders will be recorded in the comments section, as will poor communication. If I have to track you down, for confirming you have received or sent items, this is poor communication. When an item arrives at your door, you are expected to PM the sender of an item as well as me, cyndiq and  post in the gallery. Please post to this thread so I know you are getting the updates to this thread.

> if you have any questions please feel free to ask your questions here OR you can PM me!
~ You may put your 'name in the hat' once (for 5 items) or twice (for 10 items)
................... ................... ................... ................... ................... ...

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer: cyndiq

QUESTIONAIRE TO ANSWER:

Name of swap: ASSS
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
I nominate to be in the swap for sending 1 set (5) or 2 sets (10) iems.
Item(s)/set is called; (think of a name that is descriptive and unique)

My sweat shoppe is ___________________ ___. (this can be your etsy, OZtion, ebay, website or other shop where people can find more of your goodies)

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

thanks cyndiq

Participants: >> send to these partners!! once parcel posted i will change the name to blue = posted, once recieved i will strike you name out.
people ready to send highlighted green
pm me & your partner when u send so we can postie stalk.

cyndiq x 2 sets >> ecreations , kitten wrangler, geek-pride, lol-lol, library lass, queen of diy, mmd32, tanza, pinkstars.

tanza>>pink stars, jane doe x2, cyndiq, queen of diy

enchanted_wool>>cyndiq, ecreations,mmd32, geek-pride, library lass

librarylass>> lol-lol, tanza, enchanted wool, pinkstars,mmd32.

queenofdiy>>kitten wrangler, ecreations, mmd32, cyndiq, geek-pride,[/s]

ecreations   >> mmd32, cyndiq, enchanted wool,pink stars, geek pride

geek-pride>>,[color=blue ]enchanted wool, cyndiq,jane doe, mmd32, lol-lol[/color]

mmd32 x 2 setsecreations, kitten wrangler, lol-lol, pink stars, tanza, cyndiq x2, enchanted wool, library lass, queen of diy

pinkstars69 >>lol-lol, cyndiq, library lass, mmd32   jane doe

kittenwrangler>>queen of diy, mmd32, cyndiq, jane doe, tanza.

lol-lol>> queen of diy, mmd32, cyndiq, kitten wrangler, geek-pride

jane doe>>kitten wrangler, library lass, enchanted wool, mmd32,tanza

HAVE FUN CRAFTING!

Gallery is here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=151980.new#new

« Last Edit: February 27, 2007 07:28:52 AM by cyndiq » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cyndiq

aussie craftster

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007 03:30:20 AM »

List of participants and their sweat shop name and items on offer:

cyndiq > cyndiqcreations  (send 2 sets ie 10 picks & sends)
(pics further down on this same page!)  Grin
>1. glass slide pendant in cute pouch - you choose theme/stamp.
>2. set of 4 handmade cards -choice of varied. pic to come
>3.one of my ARTY embroidered zipper pouch with beaded zipper pull.
 varied designs and fabric colour to pick from. (check in my  blog for the photobucket album for designs you like) sml  suprise inside included.
>4. aussie style birds nest pendant necklace, avail in black, silver,gold, copper with cream or blue eggs. in cute birdie pouch. pic to come.
5. machine embroidered cushion cover. you choose embroider idea/colour.

Tanza > Cosmosticcreations (send 1 set ie 5 picks & sends) (pics further down on this same page)  Grin
1. embroidered drawstring pouches
other photos on my photo link in sig line
2.a set of bubbly bath powder
3. a set of 2 sandwich re wraps
4.machine embroidered patches or crazy quilt patches or other small item along those lines
5. purse organizer
If you have looked over my blog or photos and would prefer something lese I have made please contact me I am open to changing these options.

Enchanted_wool>Enchanted_wool creations  (send 1 set ie 5picks & sends)>> pics page 2 this thread>> http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=145547.10
1. Felted soap (set of 2)
2. Felted flower (set of 2)
3. Felted drink coasters (set of 6)
4. felted placemats (set of 4)
5. felted table runner
6. Felted drawstring bag
7. Magic yarn ball

Librarylass's lace 
My sweat shoppe is >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/99524773@N00/sets/72157594427188309/ (note not everything in there I can offer... just a sample of what I can make.
1.small crocheted items (think beanies, mini purses),
2.flower loom items
3.small amiguri creatures
4.small cotton things (washclothes, headbands)

Queenofdiy>>> Ye Olde Craft Shoppe (1 set/send& recieve 5 items)

http://home.exetel.com.au/wootton/craft%20shoppe/_sgt/f10000.htm

1.  Soap and Body Lotion set
2.  Photo cosmetic bag/tote
3.  Swarovski crystal ring
4.  Fabric Wallet

ecreations>>> ecreations shoppe (send 1 set/ send& recieve 5 items)  Grin
pics on page 5 this thread >>> http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=145547.30
1. Mobile Phone/Mp3 player pouch
2. Crocheted Bracelet and Earrings
3. Mini Playing-card Journal and (full size) Bookmark
4. Mini Cotton Dishcloths

geek-prides >> geek chic shoppe send 1 set (ie send & recieve 5 items) >>page 10 this thread>>

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=145547.90

Asian-style bead earrings & necklace set.
Tote bags (novelty prints and vintagey fabrics)
Pulp Fiction greeting cards (cards made with covers from truly kitschy paperbacks)
Knitted pantas or wristcuffs

mmd32>>Miscellany of Me Shoppe (send 2 sets ie send/recieve 10 parcels) >>page 6 this thread >>

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=145547.50

1. sugar&salt scrub
2. wristlet pouch
3. japanese fabric hairpins.
4 to be decided.

pinkstars69 >>babyphunk vintage stuff (send 1 set ie send/recieve 5 parcels.  pics to come
1. purses
2. totes
3. fabric headbands
4.fabric belts
5. fabric necklaces

kittenwrangler>>> pins on my floor shoppe (1 set, ie send and recieve 5 packages)
pics on page  9 
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=145547.80topic=145547.new#new

1. soccer ball tote
2 sushi mat tote
3.apron
4.necklace & cuff

lol-lol >>>saving for a serger
1. 2 handpainted domino pendants
2. hand made tie
3. kanzashi brooch - set of 2
4. worry rabbit - hold it in your palm, rub, and feel your worries float away

Jane Doe>>jungle.etsy.com

1.) Temporary Dreadlock kit - you can use these if your hair is longer than 3 inches.
Let me know your fave colours and I'll see what i can do
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5087176

2.) Not one, but 2 packets of these cylindrical felted beads
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5018411

3.) Bracelet made from felted beads - (both cylinder style and spherical)
Here's some imgs of my style
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=143340.0

4.) 2 Rubber-lace bracelets
These can be made in a few different colours
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=5002345
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=125258

5.) Felted soap
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c234/-Doe-Jane/soap/012sizedsm.jpg

WONDERFUL SHOP ITEMS SO FAR. Wink
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007 03:33:01 AM by cyndiq » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Velvet Rose
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007 02:14:15 PM »

I am confused! Huh

Why is this called "sampler" swap if we are making 5 of the same items?

I thought a sampler swap meant offering a choice of 3-5 items (2 small or 1 medium) for people to make a choice from.

Like this sweatshoppe swap:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=126087.0

The problem with only making one kind of item, is that if not many people take part, then people may end up receiving things what they don't want or need (e.g. male participants receiving hair accessories, jewellery, beauty products etc).

Can we please offer a choice of items instead?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cyndiq

aussie craftster

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007 04:01:33 PM »

Hi enchanted  Smiley
nice to see you...ok...

I was using sampler in reference to the fact you get 5 samples of 5 different peoples work.  Tongue am i wrong? sorry if i am confused/confusing you. Undecided

You can make each item different just the same kind, eg different fabric/colours. Smiley

I was trying to keep this round simple for the first time but I am happy to change it to a choice of items. I think you are right we might be a small group this first time.  COME ON AUSSIES!! JOIN US!!

If the group prefers, I am happy to change it to each person offering a shop of a few items for people to choose from. Its handier to craft ahead for this kind of swap so its less stressful, but people could customize if their time frame allows and they want to. we have about 2 weeks to craft til send outs.

Thanks for your input I want to make it a fun and useful swaps so we can choose things we like and will use.  Grin

We can  use the discussion thread to work this all out more >http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=144159.0

everyone please let me know if you want it to be a more shop the sweatshop style.

thanks cyndiq
THIS ROCKS   Logged

librarylass
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007 05:10:47 PM »

I am definitely going into this swap, although I will definitely be requiring feedback as to what $10 worth of stuff constitutes, especially as I'm not an etsy person. (Don't have time!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a wist!
http://wists.com/Bookybabe
So I up and decided to do the whole blog thing...
http://ballysaxter.blogspot.com

I do personal swaps!
cyndiq

aussie craftster

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007 06:30:08 PM »

It is just an approximate.
I went to a craft market yesterday and some things were expensive some were cheaper than i thought for their worth so its all in the eye of the seller/ beholder as well.

Handmade soap were $5-6 each! not much selling but it did look nice.
some necklaces were like $25 but I thought they were over  priced.
we can all help each other and enjoy the crafting thats the main bit and the opening of your parcels  Grin

cyndiq
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mmd32
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007 06:53:03 PM »

Well, now, confuse me even more, lol. How am I supposed to narrow down what I want to make, if nobody even knows yet?? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cyndiq

aussie craftster

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007 08:04:00 PM »

mmd32 I guess I thought I was keeping it simple  to 2 items choice, but if people are wanting more, I am happy to go with the group  Grin. and it does mean you have more chance of choosing  something you instead of random things you might not want.

So I think  just put your name in  and say we all offer say 4-5 different items in our shops that you are happy to make and send, make some samples to show pics here to give ideas for people to pick from. So that way people get a good choice.

Each item is a parcel so if in the swap people want you twice thats counted as sending 2 parcels but you send it to the one person so you package it altogether.
eg I choose tanza for 2 items so she package the 2 items together and sends to me.

So pm me what you know you can make for your sweatshop and I can add the other items to your list as you think of them.

I too now have to think of more items to offer.  Tongue

Dont worry if two people make similar as that just means we all get a chance to get the item and everyone has their own individual touch.
for example a set of cards or hairpins, can be quite different when made by different people.

ok back to housework!! I did make 10 pendant necklaces  today so thats good.

cyndiq
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007 10:23:06 PM by cyndiq » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cyndiq

aussie craftster

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007 08:35:23 PM »

Here is my shop offerings:
CYNDIQ> CYNDIQCREATIONS:
>1. glass slide pendant in pouch (stamp or themed your choice)
examples:
more pics of stamp pendants to come.
>2. set of 4 handmade cards (pic of choices to come)
>3.ARTY embroidered zipper pouch with beaded pull. varied designs and fabric colour.
example:
4. aussie style birds nest pendant necklace. available in black, silver, gold, copper. blue or cream eggs.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2007 01:31:18 AM by cyndiq » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tanza
Angel in the making....

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007 10:09:35 PM »

welcome to cosmostic creations on offer today we have

1. embroidered drawstring pouches
other photos on my photo link in sig line
2.a set of bubbly bath powder
3. a set of 2 sandwich re wraps

4.machine embroidered patches or crazy quilt patches or other small item along those lines

If you have looked over my blog or photos and would prefer something lese I have made please contact me I am open to changing these options.

ok edited to add a purse organiser I am making one next week for another swap and thought it would be something good to add here,
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007 12:42:50 AM by Tanza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make the Perfect Hand Pie
Cranberry-Apple Biscuit Pies Recipe
How to Make Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies
Carrot Cake Cookie Recipe
Surprising Facts About Girl Scout Cookies
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...