A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,509
Currently Running With Scissors:
555 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pink leopard smashing pumpkins tee (suggestions needed please!!)  (Read 2797 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

i_am_alexia
« on: January 13, 2007 06:43:25 PM »

So when my brother asked me what I wanted for xmas, I told him "oversised t-shirts", and recieved lots of awesome tops  ... including an AWESOME smashing pumpkins one (no before pics sorry) So I pulled out an old pink leopard top I don't wear much cos it's a bit clingy and seethrough, and turned it in to ....

The heart IS sposed to be off-centred, it looks better on.

The grey is really silver. It's almost shiney, and very nice. And Yum!! Pink leopard skin. Not as furry as it looks Smiley

Aaaaand.. the back. Which is almost as cool as the front. (my rug isn't really that green).

NOW! Here comes the dilemna!! It's pretty low cut, which I'M fine with (but apparantly noone else is hahaha) SO, I was thinking of putting a small piece of black fabric behind the leopard skin to cover myself up a bit more BUT, I'm worried it'll look like a pink triangle bra over a black boobtube. Is this just crazy? Does anyone have any suggestion to make it not look like this!? Should I just share my boobs with everyone? Please someone help!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zorak: Are you really that stupid?
Brak: I dare you to say that again only this time say Brak I love you.

http://i-am-famous.livejournal.com/ For all my crafty goodness.
Bananna_AnnA
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007 07:09:02 PM »

HAHA! Your post made me laugh. First of all, I love what you did with the shirt, it looks great. As for the boobs, personally I would just layer the shirt over another less revealing v-neck tank top. Which I think would look sort of similar to what you were planning on doing. I had the same problem once with a dress, and I gathered a strip of tulle and sewed it along the neckline and that was cute. Or you could use some lace. But I think that if you like it the way it is and you have a good relationship with the tatas, it's perfectly fine to let them out sometimes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
i_am_alexia
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007 07:12:46 PM »

Hahha aw thankyou Smiley Tule would be an awesome idea. I have been contemplating attatching it to another shirt, but it's be awesome with this one. Did you sew it straight to your dress? I've never sewn tulle so I'm a tad nervous. Is it itchy? Thanks so much for your help! It was really useful Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaucamolegreetings
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007 07:17:14 PM »

If you're comfortable in it, I'd say, wear it as is!  Or just wear with a pretty black bra that's ok if it shows?  Or with the sewing fabric on idea, what about another color of fabric like gray or white so it won't look like a pink leaopard bra over a black shirt?  Like some of the gray/silvery fabric like in the heart would be perfect if you have any of that left.

P. S.  I forgot to add you did a great job, and I love how the heart turned out and looks!  Is that a picture on the black t-shirt, or sewn onto it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zmrzlina
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007 07:24:11 PM »

I love the tee! I agree with the gaucamolegreetings about using more of the grey/silvery fabric if the cut is not comfortable. What if you cut the fabric to mimic the heart shape? Sort of a sweetheart neckline taken a bit over-the-top. Maybe too cutesy.

Really love this tee, though. I am so inspired to do something with the huge concert t-shirts my boyfriend has from the 80s and 90s. I'm way too old for this look, but I'm inspired to try something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
i_am_alexia
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007 07:38:09 PM »

Ooops! should have mentioned - The smashing pumpkins tee came as it is - I didn't do any of the writing or pics Sad Sorry to dismiss those ideas BUT I can always go looking for similar fabric. I have rather large boobs which is the problem with me wearing low cut tops, I kinda look like a hooker (the pink leopard skin probably wouldn't help).

And Zmrzlina - you should def try something out! I just wish I had more concert shirts to play with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockfullofawesome
Oh man...

It's a craft to the death...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007 07:59:10 PM »

Awesome! I'm all about leopard print, seriously. What about adding lace along the top of the bust, sort of like this?

Some thick, black lace would look nice, be an inexpensive addition, and super easy to sew.

Good luck with whatever you do, don't forget to post pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i_am_alexia
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007 08:18:21 PM »

Oh wow, thank you, that's a great idea! Hahaha now my main problem is going to be trying to choose an idea. I guess I'll have to make lots more of superlow cut tops just so I can try all these ideas out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mannequin 2 life
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007 08:24:00 PM »

i'd just put the black in there. i dn't want 2 b mean but it kind of looks lyk a bra on top now
THIS ROCKS   Logged
i_am_alexia
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007 08:50:48 PM »

Aw Sad You reckon? Well do you have any ideas how I could make it look not like that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The History of Pumpkin Pie
How to Make a Delicious Pumpkin Bisque
How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds
How to Slow Cook Pork Chops and Sauerkraut
Halloween Snack Ideas - The Rookie Cook
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...