A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,162
Currently Running With Scissors:
612 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pink leopard smashing pumpkins tee (suggestions needed please!!)  (Read 3009 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jailin
Jailin.etsy.com

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2007 09:23:38 PM »

I like the idea of adding lace as they mentioned earlier, could add some more pizzaz to it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Jailin <3
gaucamolegreetings
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2007 11:43:22 PM »

I like the lace idea on top too.  It's hard to tell without a pic of it on you though.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rancid70
Roller Girls Do It Better

Heart Erection Designs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2007 11:49:35 PM »

black lace
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't Be Afraid Of Your Imagination
i_am_alexia
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007 12:31:01 AM »

The problem I was thinking with lace is that it's pretty seethrough, so I'm still gonna have a lot of cleavage, which is why I was heading towards tulle. I couldn't get a pic of me that didn't look like I was a hippo (I was having a fat/bad hair day (which is why I was treating my self to new clothes)) BUT Ill try again tomorrow for a pic of it on Smiley

Lace that follows the neckline (in a V) or straight across? argh decisions decisions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zorak: Are you really that stupid?
Brak: I dare you to say that again only this time say Brak I love you.

http://i-am-famous.livejournal.com/ For all my crafty goodness.
rocknroll

I've been away, but now I'm back!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007 12:38:35 PM »

The problem I was thinking with lace is that it's pretty seethrough, so I'm still gonna have a lot of cleavage, which is why I was heading towards tulle. I couldn't get a pic of me that didn't look like I was a hippo (I was having a fat/bad hair day (which is why I was treating my self to new clothes)) BUT Ill try again tomorrow for a pic of it on Smiley

Lace that follows the neckline (in a V) or straight across? argh decisions decisions.

I also like the black lace suggestion. And if you're worried about the lace being see-thru, you can always use multiple layers - and even stagger them to get a slight ruffly look. That could work either with a V or straight across.

*Oh, and smashing pumpkins are probably my most fave band of all time. And that heart logo (which is "old school") is tattooed on each of my ankles. memories.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sunray

Everyone's favorite generic superhero.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2007 01:09:23 PM »

You could always use a more dense lace..I've seen lace that's barely see-through.

[personally, I think there's some times when you just gotta show the clevage and I'd say let it go, but that's just me]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
heychel
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007 04:04:40 PM »

this is amaziiiinnnnggggg.
i think it would look good with the black lace along the top, too.
 Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bananna_AnnA
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2007 08:16:43 PM »

Tule would be an awesome idea. I have been contemplating attatching it to another shirt, but it's be awesome with this one. Did you sew it straight to your dress? I've never sewn tulle so I'm a tad nervous. Is it itchy? Smiley
I just sewed it along the seam along the neckline, but on the inside (after gathering it of course). Then I sewed some wide-ish bias tape along that seam, and the tulle didn't bother me. It is still is slightly see through. (does that answer make sense?)
I've seen in the ribbon/lace section of Joann some already made ruffles which are not see-through. And it looks sort of like bias tape across the bottom, so you can slip it on the edge and sew it across. Or you can improvise something similar to that, and that would eliminate the itch factor.
I understand the C-cup+ bias, if a B cup shows some cleavage, it's ok, but when big jugs are showing it looks trashy. Bah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redbucket
artist

when in poland...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2007 08:24:56 PM »

i like the design - the pink and lower black works well-
don't add the extra piece-  if you like it- wear it!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
i_am_alexia
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2007 10:23:20 PM »

Thanks for all the advice/nice comments guys. I'm gonna head on down to the fabric shop and see if theres any nice lace. If there's nothing I HAVE to have, I might try tulle since I was considering trying it before I even made this top.

I understand the C-cup+ bias, if a B cup shows some cleavage, it's ok, but when big jugs are showing it looks trashy. Bah!

Thanks for all your help, it's been great Smiley Yeah, DDs on a slim (ish) frame tends to look trashy if you let your boobs out, but frumpy if you covre them up. I'll never win. Another problem is that I'm reasonably short so when I wear a low cut top EVERYONE gets a look (I only just realised this the other day when everyone was commenting on how low my top was and I thought it was fine, but I realised I'm looking at me straight on, whilst everyone else is taller and looking down :S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zorak: Are you really that stupid?
Brak: I dare you to say that again only this time say Brak I love you.

http://i-am-famous.livejournal.com/ For all my crafty goodness.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Antonio Berardi - London - Spring 2014 - Interviews & Runway
DIY Studded Shoes
FIRST LOOK: Antonio Berardi - London Fashion Week Spring 2014
Finding the Perfect Biker Jacket
Style Sound Off: Blake Lively, Nicole Richie, and Victoria Beckham
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...