A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,873
Currently Running With Scissors:
563 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pink leopard smashing pumpkins tee (suggestions needed please!!)  (Read 2505 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

i_am_alexia
« on: January 13, 2007 06:43:25 PM »

So when my brother asked me what I wanted for xmas, I told him "oversised t-shirts", and recieved lots of awesome tops  ... including an AWESOME smashing pumpkins one (no before pics sorry) So I pulled out an old pink leopard top I don't wear much cos it's a bit clingy and seethrough, and turned it in to ....

The heart IS sposed to be off-centred, it looks better on.

The grey is really silver. It's almost shiney, and very nice. And Yum!! Pink leopard skin. Not as furry as it looks Smiley

Aaaaand.. the back. Which is almost as cool as the front. (my rug isn't really that green).

NOW! Here comes the dilemna!! It's pretty low cut, which I'M fine with (but apparantly noone else is hahaha) SO, I was thinking of putting a small piece of black fabric behind the leopard skin to cover myself up a bit more BUT, I'm worried it'll look like a pink triangle bra over a black boobtube. Is this just crazy? Does anyone have any suggestion to make it not look like this!? Should I just share my boobs with everyone? Please someone help!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zorak: Are you really that stupid?
Brak: I dare you to say that again only this time say Brak I love you.

http://i-am-famous.livejournal.com/ For all my crafty goodness.
Bananna_AnnA
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007 07:09:02 PM »

HAHA! Your post made me laugh. First of all, I love what you did with the shirt, it looks great. As for the boobs, personally I would just layer the shirt over another less revealing v-neck tank top. Which I think would look sort of similar to what you were planning on doing. I had the same problem once with a dress, and I gathered a strip of tulle and sewed it along the neckline and that was cute. Or you could use some lace. But I think that if you like it the way it is and you have a good relationship with the tatas, it's perfectly fine to let them out sometimes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
i_am_alexia
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007 07:12:46 PM »

Hahha aw thankyou Smiley Tule would be an awesome idea. I have been contemplating attatching it to another shirt, but it's be awesome with this one. Did you sew it straight to your dress? I've never sewn tulle so I'm a tad nervous. Is it itchy? Thanks so much for your help! It was really useful Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaucamolegreetings
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007 07:17:14 PM »

If you're comfortable in it, I'd say, wear it as is!  Or just wear with a pretty black bra that's ok if it shows?  Or with the sewing fabric on idea, what about another color of fabric like gray or white so it won't look like a pink leaopard bra over a black shirt?  Like some of the gray/silvery fabric like in the heart would be perfect if you have any of that left.

P. S.  I forgot to add you did a great job, and I love how the heart turned out and looks!  Is that a picture on the black t-shirt, or sewn onto it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zmrzlina
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007 07:24:11 PM »

I love the tee! I agree with the gaucamolegreetings about using more of the grey/silvery fabric if the cut is not comfortable. What if you cut the fabric to mimic the heart shape? Sort of a sweetheart neckline taken a bit over-the-top. Maybe too cutesy.

Really love this tee, though. I am so inspired to do something with the huge concert t-shirts my boyfriend has from the 80s and 90s. I'm way too old for this look, but I'm inspired to try something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
i_am_alexia
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007 07:38:09 PM »

Ooops! should have mentioned - The smashing pumpkins tee came as it is - I didn't do any of the writing or pics Sad Sorry to dismiss those ideas BUT I can always go looking for similar fabric. I have rather large boobs which is the problem with me wearing low cut tops, I kinda look like a hooker (the pink leopard skin probably wouldn't help).

And Zmrzlina - you should def try something out! I just wish I had more concert shirts to play with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockfullofawesome
Oh man...

It's a craft to the death...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007 07:59:10 PM »

Awesome! I'm all about leopard print, seriously. What about adding lace along the top of the bust, sort of like this?

Some thick, black lace would look nice, be an inexpensive addition, and super easy to sew.

Good luck with whatever you do, don't forget to post pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i_am_alexia
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007 08:18:21 PM »

Oh wow, thank you, that's a great idea! Hahaha now my main problem is going to be trying to choose an idea. I guess I'll have to make lots more of superlow cut tops just so I can try all these ideas out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mannequin 2 life
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007 08:24:00 PM »

i'd just put the black in there. i dn't want 2 b mean but it kind of looks lyk a bra on top now
THIS ROCKS   Logged
i_am_alexia
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007 08:50:48 PM »

Aw Sad You reckon? Well do you have any ideas how I could make it look not like that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jailin
Jailin.etsy.com

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2007 09:23:38 PM »

I like the idea of adding lace as they mentioned earlier, could add some more pizzaz to it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Jailin <3
gaucamolegreetings
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2007 11:43:22 PM »

I like the lace idea on top too.  It's hard to tell without a pic of it on you though.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rancid70
Roller Girls Do It Better

Heart Erection Designs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2007 11:49:35 PM »

black lace
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't Be Afraid Of Your Imagination
i_am_alexia
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007 12:31:01 AM »

The problem I was thinking with lace is that it's pretty seethrough, so I'm still gonna have a lot of cleavage, which is why I was heading towards tulle. I couldn't get a pic of me that didn't look like I was a hippo (I was having a fat/bad hair day (which is why I was treating my self to new clothes)) BUT Ill try again tomorrow for a pic of it on Smiley

Lace that follows the neckline (in a V) or straight across? argh decisions decisions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rocknroll

I've been away, but now I'm back!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007 12:38:35 PM »

The problem I was thinking with lace is that it's pretty seethrough, so I'm still gonna have a lot of cleavage, which is why I was heading towards tulle. I couldn't get a pic of me that didn't look like I was a hippo (I was having a fat/bad hair day (which is why I was treating my self to new clothes)) BUT Ill try again tomorrow for a pic of it on Smiley

Lace that follows the neckline (in a V) or straight across? argh decisions decisions.

I also like the black lace suggestion. And if you're worried about the lace being see-thru, you can always use multiple layers - and even stagger them to get a slight ruffly look. That could work either with a V or straight across.

*Oh, and smashing pumpkins are probably my most fave band of all time. And that heart logo (which is "old school") is tattooed on each of my ankles. memories.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sunray

Everyone's favorite generic superhero.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2007 01:09:23 PM »

You could always use a more dense lace..I've seen lace that's barely see-through.

[personally, I think there's some times when you just gotta show the clevage and I'd say let it go, but that's just me]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
heychel
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007 04:04:40 PM »

this is amaziiiinnnnggggg.
i think it would look good with the black lace along the top, too.
 Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bananna_AnnA
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2007 08:16:43 PM »

Tule would be an awesome idea. I have been contemplating attatching it to another shirt, but it's be awesome with this one. Did you sew it straight to your dress? I've never sewn tulle so I'm a tad nervous. Is it itchy? Smiley
I just sewed it along the seam along the neckline, but on the inside (after gathering it of course). Then I sewed some wide-ish bias tape along that seam, and the tulle didn't bother me. It is still is slightly see through. (does that answer make sense?)
I've seen in the ribbon/lace section of Joann some already made ruffles which are not see-through. And it looks sort of like bias tape across the bottom, so you can slip it on the edge and sew it across. Or you can improvise something similar to that, and that would eliminate the itch factor.
I understand the C-cup+ bias, if a B cup shows some cleavage, it's ok, but when big jugs are showing it looks trashy. Bah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redbucket
artist

when in poland...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2007 08:24:56 PM »

i like the design - the pink and lower black works well-
don't add the extra piece-  if you like it- wear it!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
i_am_alexia
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2007 10:23:20 PM »

Thanks for all the advice/nice comments guys. I'm gonna head on down to the fabric shop and see if theres any nice lace. If there's nothing I HAVE to have, I might try tulle since I was considering trying it before I even made this top.

I understand the C-cup+ bias, if a B cup shows some cleavage, it's ok, but when big jugs are showing it looks trashy. Bah!

Thanks for all your help, it's been great Smiley Yeah, DDs on a slim (ish) frame tends to look trashy if you let your boobs out, but frumpy if you covre them up. I'll never win. Another problem is that I'm reasonably short so when I wear a low cut top EVERYONE gets a look (I only just realised this the other day when everyone was commenting on how low my top was and I thought it was fine, but I realised I'm looking at me straight on, whilst everyone else is taller and looking down :S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kemerald14

Gimme a bweak... can't touch this!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2007 04:05:01 PM »

What if you wore a lacy black tank top underneath? that's what i usually wear under low cut shirts
here's the link:
http://www.tillys.com/tillys/Categories.aspx?ctg=007_Girls_Tanks&parentctg=007_Girls_Tanks&PageNo=2&ctlg=020_Girls

hope that helped! Smiley
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007 04:08:24 PM by kemerald14 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where's the yellow button! Whoa, whose car is that.. it's a beast!
Funluvnrockrchik

And Life flows on within you and without you...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2007 10:12:26 PM »

HAHA! Your post made me laugh. First of all, I love what you did with the shirt, it looks great...

But I think that if you like it the way it is and you have a good relationship with the tatas, it's perfectly fine to let them out sometimes.

I totally agree; very well spoken. whatever makes you comfortable.

if anything, wear a sports bra (with a racerback) under it to add the little piece of cloth,tame the cleavage and because a sports bra wouldn't show too much considering the cut.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Freedom of speech is freedom to yell "Theatre!" in a crowded fire"

"I feel just like sombody else. Man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same"
i_am_alexia
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2007 03:03:11 AM »

What if you wore a lacy black tank top underneath? that's what i usually wear under low cut shirts
here's the link:
http://www.tillys.com/tillys/Categories.aspx?ctg=007_Girls_Tanks&parentctg=007_Girls_Tanks&PageNo=2&ctlg=020_Girls

hope that helped! Smiley

Wow, thanks so much Smiley You've given me a great excuse for making a new top now Cheesy I only considered sewing something onto the top to make it less noticable, but it'd just make a lot more sense to wear something else under it cos then I can change it all the time Smiley You're a genius.

HAHA! Your post made me laugh. First of all, I love what you did with the shirt, it looks great...

But I think that if you like it the way it is and you have a good relationship with the tatas, it's perfectly fine to let them out sometimes.

I totally agree; very well spoken. whatever makes you comfortable.

if anything, wear a sports bra (with a racerback) under it to add the little piece of cloth,tame the cleavage and because a sports bra wouldn't show too much considering the cut.

Like I said above, genius! Racerback sports bra sounds awesome, cos it wouldn't add to much bulk around the belly (which is my main reason for not layering clothes, all my clothes are too tight to fit anything under them haha)

And thanks so much, it means a lot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips and Tricks: Using Colored Eyeliner
How to Get the Tweed Nail Art Look With Katie Hughes
How to Dress Up for a Date
How to Perform an At-Home Facial
Why Face Oils Benefit Any Skin Type
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...