My daughter has a friend who is obsessed with fire, so for her birthday, I came up with this amigurumi. Isn't he cute?
Before I give the pile of flesh, I just wanted to say thanks to all of the craftsters out there who give free patterns because I never would have learned this RAAR grr ugggh way to crochet otherwise. This is for you.
Hair: Orange Fun fur and orange simply soft together, using a G hook
1. ch2, 4 sc in 2nd ch from hook
2. sc in each sc around
3. sc in each sc around
4. 2 sc in each sc around
5. sc in 1st sc, 2 sc in next sc around
6. sc in each sc around
7. sc in each sc around
8. sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc around
9. sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc around
10. sc in next 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc around, sl st in next st, fasten off
(fun fur tends to go to the back of whatever you're making, so you have 2 choices:turn the whole piece inside out, or just take a very small crochet hook or needle and carefully pull out what you want to the front. I chose the latter)
Head: orange simply soft only and a D hook
1. ch2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook
2. 2 sc in each sc around
3. sc in 1st sc, 2 sc in next sc around
4. sc in next 2 sc, 2sc in next sc around
5. sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc around
6. sc in next 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc around
7-9. sc in each sc around
10. sc in next 4 sc, dec over 2 around
11-12. sc in each sc around
13. sc in next 3 sc, dec over 2 around. sl st in next sc, finish off.
eyes are safety eyes poked into a circle of felt, then attatched to zombie chicken. Stuff both pieces and sew together.
Hand 1: ch 13, sl st in 4th ch from hook, ch2, sl st in same ch, sl st in back of chain to end, fasten off
Hand 2: ch 13, sl st in 3rd ch from hook, ch 4, sl st in same ch, sl st in back of chain to end, fasten off.
Attatch arms. If the fun fur looks flat against the head, just give him a quick shake and it should stand out all over. I also added a black puffy paint smile later, which I'm still trying to decide if I like--my kids like it, but you can decide.
Lastly, if you haven't seen Howls Moving Castle, rent it now! Then go back and watch every other Miyazaki film there is. You will not regret it!