A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
520 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Portland: thrift stores  (Read 6326 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

zeeohee
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2005 10:40:08 AM »

I love Value Village, though the one on SE 82nd seems to have gotten a new pricer that actually knows what's goin' on in the world of fashion. It's still my favorite thrift store, though. There's one in the Hollywood District in NE, but it doesn't really have the same cool vibe, and the knitting needles aren't very easy to find Wink. There's a clothing only thrift store on 50th and Divison that has awesome sales pretty frequently, but it's small and I get claustrophobic there pretty easily. There's a place on Hawthorne, too, called Shadowbox that's really more of a vintage store, but I've seen such things as a dressform and a huge loom there. I think it's on 45th or so.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rhubie
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2005 12:10:02 PM »

I've found that the thrift stores just outside of the city still have "thrifty" prices.

Volunteers of America on SE 182nd and Division (Gresham)  My Grandad lives in assisted living down the street and he loves it when I take him thriftshopping.  Cheesy

The Deseret on SE 82nd - nice and clean

and my favorite...
The Red, White & Blue on SE McLaughlin in Milwaukie

That's for the advice on other shops!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluesparkie

crafter and fashionista

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2005 05:37:41 PM »

I absolutely LOVE the Red, White, and Blue, it's one of the places I miss the most in Portland, that and the good coffee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/bluesparkie

I'm not a nymphomaniac, I'm a compulsive liar.
iloveoregon
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2005 03:50:03 PM »

the goodwills in the portland and beaverton area generally blew me away... way better than goodwills i have been to in any other state or in other cities in oregon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheThriftShopper.Com
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2006 06:23:12 PM »

I have a national directory of charity thrift shops that I hope you'll find useful.

http://www.TheThriftShopper.Com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't forget to look in your local thrift stores for your crafting supplies. Please check out my national directory of thrift stores at www.TheThriftShoppe r.Com for your shopping convenience.
untoherselfalone
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2006 11:25:04 PM »

i realize this is not a thrift store but it needs to be noted for all your thrifty needs!!!

the city liquidators under the morrison bridge in SE (across from montage) has amazing deals. they have an entire wall or discount scrapbooking materials and all sorts of other neato crafty items at really great prices. Smiley k--hope this is ok!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006 12:06:45 AM »

yeah!  i went to scrap for the first time the other day.
i wasn't sure what to expect.  it is awesome.  i bought snaps, and thought about buying a lot more.  hella cheap (and random)

there's also the knittin' kitten on glisan.  cheap, and the owners are nice.  and please please shop there because i guess they're having some business stress.  they got robbed several months ago, and there's regulation drama with the sign, and they're a really awesome resource and have really good deals, and i want them to stick around for a very long time.  they buy crafty stuff you don't need, and will take donations too, by the way.
and the goodwill bins.
and value village.

(my dear fiance works at the one in the hollywood district.  if you see a boy with twinkly blue eyes that most ignorant folks would accuse of being part samoan, but really he's part filipino, that's my loved one.  he's got a nice booty.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miyoko79: I think "be proud, young craftster blood" should be your new siggie

I've got a new blog!  Tell me how to make it better!

Support the <a href="http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php">craftster way of life!</a>
MercGirl1963
Dark Clown on a chicken farm.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2006 12:20:00 AM »

Council Thrift 1127 SW Morrison has been under crafty new management for the last two years!  (me!)  We get amazing stuff, lots of high end and designer...  We still get a good bit of vintage.  Come on down and if you mention you saw this on Craftster I will give you 15% off!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
charliebrown

Babies are for lickin'

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006 03:31:25 PM »

I agree with SCRAP and Knittin Kitten, they are both great places. Now of course, I will have to check out Council Thrift since it is close to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

taloola
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2006 11:24:48 PM »

charliebrown, i am suprised we havent run into each other yet! we are at all the same places!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hearty Turkey Pot Pie from Leftovers Recipe
Garlic Cheddar Cheese Grits Recipe
Fantastic Tuna Melt Sandwich Recipe
Comfort Food Meatloaf Dinner Recipe
Oven Baked Pork Chops with Gravy Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...