A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,096
Currently Running With Scissors:
462 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tutorial: Tan Flowers handbag (pic heavy)  (Read 11528 times)
Tags for this thread: handbag , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yamwam
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2007 07:37:47 PM »

Thanks for the tutorial! I want to try this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loose pleats sink fleets

Wists
thismomsews
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2007 03:11:09 PM »

Okay, tried my first one today and even though it didn't turn out good, I think I've got the idea.  Your tute was really good, I just need to learn to take my time and read the directions properly.  LOL  I ended up leaving the opening on the outer fabric (have made a ton of Jordy bags) and I just don't know why.  I also ended up in such a way with the zipper top that the other side of the zipper wouldn't allow me to sew the other side of the strap on so it turned into a wristlet.  I'm sure you can see the crooked seams but hey, it was my first try with a toddler that kept wanting my attention every 5 minutes.  Try, try again!!  Smiley

I like it with the strap like that!  It looks good to me!  I have the same toddler problem-some projects take me a long time to get done.  Usually I wait until he is sleeping to try to do any sewing!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

rr
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2007 09:56:17 AM »

I am having a hard time with this one and I want to make this one really bad.Has anyone successfully made this from this tutorial ? Absolutely lovely bag and I know its me not the wonderful tutorial..Inserting the handle part has me puzzled.Thank you for posting this tute thismomsews .
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JuliaAnn
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2007 10:54:46 AM »

Thanks for the great tutorial.  I have been wanting to do zippers so bad and haven't found directions that work with my brain yet.  I think this is the one.  I can't wait to try it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thismomsews
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2007 01:01:35 PM »

I am having a hard time with this one and I want to make this one really bad.Has anyone successfully made this from this tutorial ? Absolutely lovely bag and I know its me not the wonderful tutorial..Inserting the handle part has me puzzled.Thank you for posting this tute thismomsews .

sorry! I know it is probably hard to figure out the handle since I chose black fabric to use on a tutorial!  It is really hard to see some parts. I will try to explain it better...After you have sewn the zipper on and sewn up the sides and bottom (leaving a hole in the bottom of the lining) turn the bag right side out -step 7.  this is where the pics are hard to see.  in the top pic, if you look at the ends of the zipper it curves down-there are holes on each side! you can stick your fingers into the bag because you haven't sewn this part yet.  this is where the raw ends of your handle will go.  the second pic shows the strap in the hole and the yellow dot is the pin holding the strap in place.  pin the handle on the other side and flip the bag again.  Now when you look at the tab parts that stick out on the sides of the zipper, there should be 4 layers-step 9-the handle end should be sticking through here.  then you need to sew through these 4 layers to hold the handle in and close up the hole here. 

I don't know if that helped or confused you more!  If I get a chance I will make up a mini version from scraps to show the handle part more clearly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rr
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2007 04:03:45 PM »

Thank you I cant wait ...... :)you are so kind to help me
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...