A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,808
Currently Running With Scissors:
428 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fill-a-Box Supply Swap: New Years Resolution Clean those Craft Closets  (Read 10984 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
The Quiet, Odd One in the Corner

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2007 12:41:39 PM »

I received today from cooperduchovny:

Some stickers, some figures and things (great for shadowboxes and altered books), and a whole bunch of soapmaking supplies!

I'm so psyched...I browsed the soapmaking section in Michaels this week when I was picking up Mod Podge, and thought about how it would be nice to find some scents that they didn't have there....then I open this up and find 8 bottles of soap fragrance inside!  I learned soapmaking towards the end of last year, but I'm still using whatever my local JoAnn and Michaels has in stock, and need to learn where else to find cool soapmaking supplies.

Thanks so much!

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2007 02:39:56 PM »

Ohhh that soap making stuff looks awesome, now I really want to get into soap making!  I love that "cleaning out your craft closet" can turn you on to so many more crafts - it's a vicious cycle!

Swap it like it's HOT...I do personal swaps.

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2007 04:50:35 PM »

Thats awesome soap stuff!!
I have been collecting those cool silicone ice cube trays from ikea
After tax time it will be time to get the rest of the stuff lol

I am totally after a Ying/Yang made of  Fire vs Ice
Wanna draw/paint/sketch me one?
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2007 05:40:31 PM »

Finally!  Here are my pictures from the awesome package that halfelvenwriter sent.  Sorry I didn't post them sooner, I had a very important bead show to go to down in MA today.   Wink

First, she sent a lot of great yarn and other fibers since I am teaching myself how to crochet:

She also sent a LOT of great paper scraps which will definately be put to good use.  I particularly like the Wonder Woman sheet.  There were also lots of stickers and die cuts, lots and lots of beads, an altoids tin, a needle case, some moss which my husband will be stealing for his Warhammer guys, dominoes, and....I could keep going and going like the Energizer Bunny.  Here's the pic:

THANK YOU so much!  I love everything.  I will be sure to post whatever is created from my new craftastic bounty.

Looks like everyone else is making out great in this swap as well.  Thanks for organizing Oops Creations!  My new crocheted hat is off to you.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011 01:58:42 PM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nunchuck skills...check, Computer hacking skills...check, Bowstaff skills...check, Crafting skills...check.

lucy van pelt
in the sky, with diamonds

lie back and think of england

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2007 06:54:36 AM »

I know what you mean by impulse! That's the great point of this swap. Love it!

No, I don't have a camera (yet). If you could post pics, that would be great!

lucy van pelt: I am so glad you like everything!  Now I don't feel so bad about being a bit of an impulse buyer(only when I comes to crafting, you know how it is...  Yarn onsale, kits on clearance, fabric remnants marked down...).  Glad to see it all going to a good home! Grin
Do you have a camera?  If not, I took pictures and would be more than happy to post them.

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2007 08:30:44 AM »

I got a big supergenerous package from elphalba!! 
look at all this stuff!!  lots of different things makes it perfect for my crafting ADD.  fabric, yarn, a pattern, stickers and papers, a book on using eyelets (how did you know I'd had those eyelets in the drawer for a couple of years?!) make purse kits, sculpey molds (I've been wanting to try sculpey!), and a super nice note!  there is a lot of stuff I haven't tried before so I will be in for some fun experimenting!  thank you elphalba!

« Last Edit: January 20, 2007 10:42:36 AM by arabella » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry Potter is Love.....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2007 12:50:17 PM »

I got mine from Aeronberry and omg...this box was BEYOND words...It had sooo many goodies in it!

This if the assortment of fabric that she sent..There is this really cute fabric that has dice on it and some of some SMORES! There is so much here....AND not to mention some felt...I was thinking today...I need some grey felt to make a applique and HERE! The first thing I see when I open the box is GREY FELT! Talk about ESP!

This has so many things...ribbon, beads, magnets, oragami instructions,paper, glitter glue,stickers,cards to craft with,embroidery thread, buttons, jingle bells,thread. little flowers, a little pouch and a gift tag. She even included a little disk with hedwig on it! I love Harry Potter so much!
THANKS SO MUCH! I love all this!

ps..This is what i needed the grey felt for!

For My HARRY POTTER Applique for my hoodie!

Personal Swap Friendly

...some secrets are better left undiscovered...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2007 03:19:31 PM »

I got my box from rebeldaisy today!  There's so much stuff in there, I couldn't fit it all in one place to take a picture.  I'll have some photos up soon, when there's not a puppy threatening to eat my new stuff!  *grin*

LiveJournal DeviantArt
The Church of Craft for Kansas City!
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."  ~Aristotle
Oops Creations
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2007 03:34:44 PM »

I recvd from Princess*of*Capri today.  Hurray, happyness does come in boxes Smiley

I got a bunch of great patterns and tutorials, plenty of yarn (that purple stuff is extra fluffy)
Also, a great bunch of foam and rubber stamps, and some scrapbooking stickers, etc.  I had never seen decorative scotch tape or a double-sided tape dispenser but I now have one!!!!

see... what fun can I make with all this.  I wonder?  Thanks Princess*of*Capri

Finally on the Wist Bandwagon:  http://wists.com/OopsCreations

I have loads of good quality CIGAR BOXES available for trade.  Great for purses, shrines, jewelry boxes.  PM for Pics.

Fill a Box is Back
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2007 04:09:57 PM »

I really like "The Cool Girl's Guide to Knitting"! It doesn't have a LOT of patterns, but they are all good.

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Calligraphy Flourishes - Part 1
How to Draw Calligraphy Flourishes - Part 2
How to Make a Native American Sand Painting Part 2
How to Make a Native American Sand Painting Part 1
How to Make a Mexican Bark Painting Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Felt Basket
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...