A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News Announcement: Crafting your Halloween costume this year?  Enter it for a chance to win prizes!  Read the spooktacular details here.
Total Members: 308,405
Currently Running With Scissors:
395 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: *Rebel Girl* plaid corset dress  (Read 14480 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2007 03:18:44 PM »

make one more and i will buy Cheesy. my dd wants one and i can barely sew Cry
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2007 03:54:31 PM »

i am so jealous ! I want that drees ! your daughter will be the coolest kid on the playground ! for sure ! she is lucky to have an awesomley tallented mom like you ! ( if she is your kid i mean ) I feel kinda dumb if she isnt ... Embarrassed  either way she is lucky you made her the coolest dress Iv ever sen a little kid wear !

Thanks!  I want one like it too.  I was planning on making myself one, but I don't have enough of the plaid.  And you are right, she is my daughter  Cheesy

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2007 03:57:10 PM »

That's perfect!!

I'm so jealous... I'd have the perfect little 7year old girl to make cool stuff like that to, but she wouldn't wear a thing like that in a million years.
(we just got her used to wearing something else than pink(!!) or jeans..)

Oh, your 7 year old sounds like my 2 year old.  She is such a girly girl, she wouldn't be happy if I made her a dress like this one.  She only likes pink, or purple sometimes, also if there is some kind of tv character on it, that will normally pass.  And forget about jeans....

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2007 04:01:27 PM »

The back is shirred so that there is some stretch, making it much more comfortable for kids. 

Do you have a picture of the back and did you do the shirring yourself?

Yes, I did shir the back myself.  Here is a picture of the back, it's kind of hard to see because the fabric is black.

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2007 04:03:58 PM »

WOW, I can't believe my eyes!  I made my daughter a circle skirt (actually a half circle), in almost that exact same plaid, but in taffetta.  I also made a velvet sleeveless top to go with it.  The outfit was for a Christmas party.  But alas, my daughter had the flu on Christmas eve and Christmas; we missed the party and she didn't get to wear it.  And at the rate she grows, it won't fit her for long Sad!

That bodice is GORGEOUS!  I may have to rip the fitted waistband off the skirt I made and try that.  It is WAY more rad than the original top, and would suit my DD more.  She's a little rocker girl, (incidentally, she has the exact same boots), just like her Mom.

Which pattern did you use, if any, if I may ask?

Oh, that sucks that she ended up being sick and couldn't wear that outfit!  It sounds really cute Smiley

The dress is my own pattern, I usually make my own patterns for clothes.  Sorry I can't be more helpful with that.

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2007 04:07:21 PM »

make one more and i will buy Cheesy. my dd wants one and i can barely sew Cry

I actually have an auction up right now to make a custom-sized dress like this one.  The only thing is that I can only make up to a 4T, I don't have enough of the plaid dupioni to make anything bigger than that.

There is more to life than increasing its speed.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2007 05:06:36 PM »

You've done it again!  Your creations are always so inspiring.  And I looove watching your daughters grow up. 

Another home run, feministfatale!
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2007 07:19:25 PM »

That's so cute! I love stuff like this for kids. And she looks os happy and free-spirited as well.

I was going to ask if she was your daughter, but that one's been answered.

Your creations inspire again, dear Smiley
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2007 08:02:07 PM »

That is completely adorable! (I think every post in here contains the word "adorable". Cute just doesn't cut it)

I would love one for myself.

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2007 08:34:10 PM »

I hit "This Rocks" because that is an unbelieveably awesome dress!  LOVE IT!!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mermaid Tail Blanket
October 19, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Vanilla Extract

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...