A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
362 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Pringles Can Fill-Er-Up Challenge 3 Gallery  (Read 10424 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

turtblu
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007 03:53:10 PM »

I received today too! Woo!

Peihan sent me an awesome package! It has all sorts of animal/biology nerd goodness:

-beanbag turtle (I love turtles)
-turtle soap (so freaking cute)
-squishy-brain stress ball (neurobio is one of my favortie sciences AND I need a stress ball)
-super soft and adorable stuffed owl (he needs a name- he's going to work with me tomorrow to inhabit my desk)
- and the BEST! A card with a slow loris drawn on it. Oh my! It's wonderful.

here's a picture:

Thank You Peihan!!!
(You should be getting yours tomorrow or really soon after!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
peihan17
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007 04:44:49 PM »

turtblu,

I'm glad everything got there okay and that you liked it  Cheesy  I didn't even know what slow loris were till I looked it up and saw how cute they were =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pro personal swaps and always open to a penpal!  PM me =)

Wist :: Etsy :: Flickr
juliel85
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Serial Crafter

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007 10:12:41 PM »

Oh my gosh, I can't believe so many people are sending and receiving! Yikes, better get on the ball :-P
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LaFemmeDIY

Crafts and Cocktails --Yay!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2007 07:41:18 PM »

I received today from glittergirl94!!  What a great package!!  

Wine charms with gorgeous glass beads...

I LOVE SHARPIES!!!  8 of them!!

She made me the most amazing scarf!!  I can't imagine how much time it must have taken to make!!  (I have to admit, Melinda, I saw the scarf on your blog, but I thought it was much smaller!  This is just so beautiful!!)  Here's an action shot  Cheesy  

It looks so pretty with my coat!!

Thank you so much, Melinda!!  
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011 02:36:53 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yes, well, their poster-child doesn't know it yet, but she's into me." -Lucy Diamond

My blog: http://tracyanne7.typepad.com/upallnight/
(Mostly crafty stuff)
My wists: http://www.wists.com/LaFemmeDIY
rockmygypsysoul
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2007 09:55:51 PM »

OKAY!!!

I am ever so sorry it took me so long to get these pictures-my darling fiancee who I love so much completely forgot where he put my cord that hooks the camera to the computer so...much searching (and cleaning) commenced and here we go...

So Im getting married in October, so CJSachiko decided to craft me a wedding day/bridal emergency kit and it absolutely rocks my whole world!!!

First, there were lots (and lots!) of practical goodies, each in their own little bag with their own very cute little note...

As you can see, there were tissues and a nail file and a sewing kit and tic-tacs, and eye drops, and stain wipes and nail polish and anti-bacterial hand gel and cotton pads and q-tips and bandaids and headache and stomach pills and a pill box (whew! I think that was it!)

Then there was ALSO adorable pearl bobby pins and an angel to watch over my day:

AND to top it all off (I know, so much sweet goodness already!)  She decorated the can and sewed a bag 9to keep everything in) using my wedding colors (cherry red, lime green and orange)

I just cannot tell you how floored I was (and now super-nervous my package wont be good enough (mostly cause i really know it isnt)) and so touched by it all!!!

Thank you SO much CJ and thanks to silentdimentia for hosting!!  This has definitely been the best first swap ever!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
SakanaSea
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2007 11:28:33 PM »

Wow, everyone's getting such awesome stuff! What a great swap Grin

I'm almost ready to send my can... I'm really nervous about everything I've made Undecided  curse my perfectionist tendencies!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

peihan17
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2007 06:38:29 AM »

I got my can from turtblu over the weekend... it's chock full of the most amazing stuff ever  Grin  Pictures to come as soon as I get home from work today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

peihan17
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2007 03:51:41 PM »

Okay, here's what I got from turtblu... so much stuff!

There's a felted scarf with a neuron applique, because I'm a dorky neuroscientist  Tongue  I brought it in to work today, and everyone loved it.  I've got in hanging by my scope now... I'll have to take a picture of it in the lab =)

Also, a green test tube of bubbles that can apparently dry and not pop, which I have not yet tested  Smiley

And the neatest little felted lab rat, which I'm afraid to bring to work because someone might still him =)

Plus a little bag of wool roving and my very own needle so I can learn needle felting, which I've been wanting to do... just too lazy  Tongue

And a tiny little pig notepad, and candy!

And last, but not least, magnets with parts of the nervous system on them.  (Only last because I had to take a separate picture of them.)

So yeah, tons of stuff, and it's all awesome  Grin

Thank you, turtblu!  Now I've got lots of stuff to decorate my space at work, and some needle felting to learn  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CjSachiko
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2007 06:47:33 PM »

Wow!  I have to say thank you to rockmygypsysoul!

She sent me such an awesome package.  There were teabags, knitting needles, geisha themed applique and magnets, a glass container filled with stitchmarkers, wicks & wax beads to make my own candle, and hairsticks. (Edited to add: She also included some yummy tea...tangerine?)

Here's an overall shot:

Here's a close-up of the can she decorated:

Detail of the hairsticks:

Geisha themed applique and marble magnets:

Wax beads to make my own candle:

Lovely markers:

Thanks, rockmygypsysoul.  You really cheered me up with the timely package!  Best of luck to you in the future!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007 08:50:07 PM by CjSachiko » THIS ROCKS   Logged
glittergirl94
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2007 04:34:45 PM »

OK, so I'm a little slow...  I just found the gallery five minutes ago...

LaFemmeDIY, I am so glad you like everything!  *WHEW*  I was having some serious swap anxiety because the scarf took up so much room.  You're swap info page made it very easy for me to fill that itty bitty can.  It even inspired me to add something similar(although much less detailed) to my own blog.  Thanks for a great swap, I really had fun crafting for you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Holiday Nail Art Inspiration for the Metallic Crowd
This Selfie Gadget Is a White Elephant Exchange Star
Get Perfect Holiday Hair In Seconds: Top Bun
Upgrade Your Makeup From Office To Holiday Party In 4 Easy Steps
Tips for Applying Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...