A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,025
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Scrapbooking computer program  (Read 2943 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

strangey
« on: October 05, 2004 12:05:29 PM »

(I'm not sure this is the right place. sorry if it's not)

Has anyone else used the Ulead Scrapbooking program? My cousin bought it first and raved about it, so my mom bought it too. We're not so thrilled with it. Supposedly, you can use it to create scrapbooks and then print them out. Well, you can create scrapbooks and scan your photos in and they have cute templates and clip art and all, but printing is weird.  No matter what I try, I end up with either an 8x8 inch page or only part of the page on 8x11 inch paper. I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong, or maybe it's just a shortcoming of the program. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
candycanechild
Paper Doll

version 4.1: she's just so clinically cynically.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004 09:52:19 AM »

I have never heard of that scrapbooking software. My only advice would be to read any help files/instruction books and look online. Maybe they have a website with FAQs or a help hotline. Most software companies do. What you really should do is call up your cousin and ask her to explain the printing process to you. Have you seen any of her pages? Maybe she can teach you a thing or two about the program that you haven't figured out yourself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
peanut
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004 02:11:15 PM »

many of these programs are essentially designed for use with an oversized printer (one that can print up to 13x13 pages).  My first guess would be that the paper size you are designing on is larger than you can print with your printer.  Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Semper in faecibus sumum, sole profundum variat.
mahogany413
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005 07:33:26 PM »

I look at Amazon.com religiously for reviews on products from lots of consumers. Interestingly, I was looking at scrapbooking program reviews the other day! I found that the program Scrapbook Factory Deluxe 2.0 got the best reviews.

Click the link to check it out (or copy and paste into address box if it doesn't connect):
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000C7GEQ/ref=wl_it_dp/104-6504561-1248755?%5Fencoding=UTF8&coliid=I1WI85P8YYPUFS&v=glance&colid=9Z3JAHCC2N12
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Get Long Lasting Lip Color
Top 5 Travel Beauty Hacks From Miss America
OMG with RJS Teaches You How to Pick a Fragrance
Brow Makeover With Kelley Baker: Get The J Lo Arch
Top Makeup Tips For The Mother Of The Bride
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...