A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,061
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I bought 150 2 1/2 inch squares now what.Whats your favorite ???  (Read 1035 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rr
« on: January 09, 2007 02:37:16 PM »

I bought 150 quilt squares on ebay.The fabric is beautiful washed ironed and rotary cut.I thought buying this would give me inspiration   
 Huh NOPE  Huh  I am still stumped I got 75 of one pattern 50 of another and 25 solid color 2 1/2 inch squares what is your favorite pattern .This needs to be fairly easy but I'm a quick learner of new techniques.I do have lots of fabric I could cut to add if needed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MsQuilter71
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007 05:43:53 AM »

You could make yourself a scrap quilt by making blocks out of the squares and then alternating the blocks you made w/another color, or you could use graph paper to make a specific design, assigning each square on the grid a certain fabric.  Another thing you can do is google quilts w/2.5" squares.  Good luck, and let us know what you come up with!!!

Michelle
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rr
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007 11:13:56 AM »

I have since noticed it would have been better to just buy fabric and sew strips together and cut.But...I have the squares and want to do something with them.Any help for a super simple quilt would be appreciated.Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007 04:25:55 PM »

I received a bunch of 4" squares in a swap earlier this summer and used them to make a quilt.  I just laid them out in a pattern I liked, sewed them together in strips and then sewed those stripes together - it took no time at all to make a small quilt top.  That's what I would do - then, when finished, add a border and you have yourself a small lap quilt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nikimcn
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007 10:05:46 AM »

Maybe just scrappy! That'd be neat. Are they all different charms?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mini
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007 03:50:16 AM »

This is what I did with about 500 2.5 in squares: It's a lap quilt for my grandmother. But I think it's actually almost enough for a twin bed.
It's quilted a bit and tied with buttons in the middle of each off white square.

Instead of making checks like I did, you could just make stripes.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007 03:59:15 AM by mini » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kyrie04
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007 04:14:05 PM »

Ummm, I'm really new to this, so if you don't like this idea, that's fine. What I would do is tear some of the squares into thirds and use them as smaller strips. I would use the one pattern that you have the most of. Then I'd use the others as center pieces and do the first part of a log cabin pattern using the strips. Just circle the center pieces with the different fabrics, so you have a center piece and then four small strips on each side of it. It makes a really pretty pattern and is super easy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pertelot
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007 09:56:32 PM »

150 squares that size wont get you too far if you use just the small squares. it could be about 12in X 12in. the quilt i just made using 2 inch squares thats about 52in X 52in used over 800.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a Great Haircut at the Barbershop
How to Use Hot Rollers to Curl Your Hair
How to Use Hair Sticks
How to Use Bobby Pins to Make Three Cute Hairstyles
How to Transform Hair from Frizzy to Smooth
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...