A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,772
Currently Running With Scissors:
564 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I bought 150 2 1/2 inch squares now what.Whats your favorite ???  (Read 1411 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: January 09, 2007 02:37:16 PM »

I bought 150 quilt squares on ebay.The fabric is beautiful washed ironed and rotary cut.I thought buying this would give me inspiration   
 Huh NOPE  Huh  I am still stumped I got 75 of one pattern 50 of another and 25 solid color 2 1/2 inch squares what is your favorite pattern .This needs to be fairly easy but I'm a quick learner of new techniques.I do have lots of fabric I could cut to add if needed.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007 05:43:53 AM »

You could make yourself a scrap quilt by making blocks out of the squares and then alternating the blocks you made w/another color, or you could use graph paper to make a specific design, assigning each square on the grid a certain fabric.  Another thing you can do is google quilts w/2.5" squares.  Good luck, and let us know what you come up with!!!

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007 11:13:56 AM »

I have since noticed it would have been better to just buy fabric and sew strips together and cut.But...I have the squares and want to do something with them.Any help for a super simple quilt would be appreciated.Thanks
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007 04:25:55 PM »

I received a bunch of 4" squares in a swap earlier this summer and used them to make a quilt.  I just laid them out in a pattern I liked, sewed them together in strips and then sewed those stripes together - it took no time at all to make a small quilt top.  That's what I would do - then, when finished, add a border and you have yourself a small lap quilt!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007 10:05:46 AM »

Maybe just scrappy! That'd be neat. Are they all different charms?

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007 03:50:16 AM »

This is what I did with about 500 2.5 in squares: It's a lap quilt for my grandmother. But I think it's actually almost enough for a twin bed.
It's quilted a bit and tied with buttons in the middle of each off white square.

Instead of making checks like I did, you could just make stripes.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007 03:59:15 AM by mini » THIS ROCKS   Logged

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007 04:14:05 PM »

Ummm, I'm really new to this, so if you don't like this idea, that's fine. What I would do is tear some of the squares into thirds and use them as smaller strips. I would use the one pattern that you have the most of. Then I'd use the others as center pieces and do the first part of a log cabin pattern using the strips. Just circle the center pieces with the different fabrics, so you have a center piece and then four small strips on each side of it. It makes a really pretty pattern and is super easy.

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007 09:56:32 PM »

150 squares that size wont get you too far if you use just the small squares. it could be about 12in X 12in. the quilt i just made using 2 inch squares thats about 52in X 52in used over 800.

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Manage Your Images
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Showing Off New Features
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to View Thumbnail Metadata and Labeling
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the Filmstrip View
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the Lightbox and Thumbnail View
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...