A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
677 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Monster Pops - help!  (Read 1444 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

omalleysbar
« on: October 05, 2004 07:51:01 AM »

These are so cute.  I'd love to make some but I can't tell what they're frosted in.  Any ideas?
http://www.plumparty.com/partysupplies/16303.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CallMeAnne
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004 08:58:28 AM »

I would guess chocolate...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lutheranchick
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004 09:25:07 AM »

"Enrobed" usually means "dipped in chocolate" or of course, colored white chocolate candy coating.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When in doubt, sauerkraut.
omalleysbar
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004 09:41:32 AM »

I was thinking of candy melts but I don't know where to buy those in town.  The colored white chocolate idea is good.  Bet I could do that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tracey
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004 08:17:23 AM »

I found a recipe for you! It is not exactly the same thing, the ones I found are ghosts, and not on sticks, but here it is.

Eat em up Ghosts
What You Need:
   1 10-ounce bag of marshmallows    1/4 cup margarine or butter    6 cups crisp rice cereal    12 ounces vanilla-flavored candy coating, melted    Black licorice candy    Chocolate sprinkles    Miniature semisweet chocolate pieces

Instructions:
1. In a large pot, combine marshmallows and margarine. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is melted. Gradually stir in cereal until well combined.2. Use 1/2 to 1 cup of the cereal mixture per ghost to form into ghost shapes. Set aside to cool completely.3. Dip each ghost shape into melted candy coating. Use pieces of licorice, chocolate sprinkles, and/or chocolate pieces for the eyes, nose, eyebrows, and mouth. Makes 9 to 12 ghosts.

here is a link to the recipe with pictures

http://netscape.bhg.com/bhg/story.jhtml?storyid=/templatedata/bhg/story/data/eatemupghosts_07222001.xml&catref=cat150032

Tracey
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love your ememies..... It will drive them nuts!
norsgoebel

the cutest of the 7 deadly sins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2004 08:37:06 AM »

If you go with the candy melts you will have to purchase the different colors.  You really cannot color white chocolate with regular food colors, it tends to make the melted chocolate bind up and get hard and crumbly.  Cake decorating supply shops are a good resource for different colored chocolates as well as the special cocoa butter colors you can use to color chocolate.

Barbi
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take a peek!
http://www.polytypicarts.etsy.com

2 sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm sh*tfaced...N.P.
omalleysbar
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2004 09:34:39 AM »

I enjoyed the recipe and the info on why not to use food coloring.  Things I wouldn't know since I'm not that advanced with cakes and cookies.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Leen3611
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2004 08:57:19 AM »

I would say that the basic "pop" is a Rice Krispies bar with a popsicle stick in one end.  The covering looks like melted chocolate discs which are usually available in Michael's or a similar craft store.  It melts in the mircowave, you dip the bar and hardens in the refrigerator.  You can buy the individual colors or use paste colors on white.  Good luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rebel
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004 09:27:18 AM »

I was thinking of candy melts but I don't know where to buy those in town. The colored white chocolate idea is good. Bet I could do that.

I just bought some candymaking colored chocolate at Michaels. I've also seen it at other craft stores like HObby Lobby and even a small selection at WalMart in the craft section.

There are specialty stores for cake and candy making supplies. You might have one of those in your town. They'll have what you need for sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ham/Chicken/Cheese Hoagie Recipe
Sirloin Steak and Asparagus Stir Fry Recipe
Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Brown Gravy Recipe
Ham Salad and Sandwich Recipe
Homemade Egg McMuffin Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...