A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 315,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
500 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Valentine's 2007  (Read 13887 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dqb
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2007 02:29:33 PM »

yes please!!! tut tut tut!!
lovely to make in different colors

dqd-dqb.blogspot.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.dqbstudio.com.ar
dqb-dqb.blogspot.com
dancedupapillon
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2007 02:06:42 PM »

Oh dear, Valentine's day is far too close...  Here are my ideas so far

-photobooth pictures of me miming "I love you" then blowing a kiss
-chocolate sauce, a clean paint brush, and some wet naps (for cleanup, he's a bit of a neat freak)
-a dvd of Tintin.  We have a joke about this because I'm francophone and refuse to ever call Tintin's dog Snowy.  He'll always be Milou to me.

I've already done an 80 reasons why I love you thing and he has two stuffies I've made for him.  We both live at home and though his parents are understanding, I don't really want to do something like silkscreen a picture of myself on his pillowcase.  Any discreat ideas I haven't tapped into yet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jamais sans mes ciseaux.
burstandbloom
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2007 02:15:53 PM »

-chocolate sauce, a clean paint brush, and some wet naps (for cleanup, he's a bit of a neat freak)
-a dvd of Tintin.  We have a joke about this because I'm francophone and refuse to ever call Tintin's dog Snowy.  He'll always be Milou to me.

I've already done an 80 reasons why I love you thing and he has two stuffies I've made for him.  We both live at home and though his parents are understanding, I don't really want to do something like silkscreen a picture of myself on his pillowcase.  Any discreat ideas I haven't tapped into yet?

well i don't really have any other ideas for you...but I was going to mention, that although this may go against craftster's rules of craftiness, I was at target today and they had a cute little kit that had like chocolate flavored body paint and a brush and stencils. ha! so if you haven't already thought of a way of packaging your sauce and brush, the kit was cute. and it was like 5 bucks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
dancedupapillon
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2007 02:43:20 PM »

well i don't really have any other ideas for you...but I was going to mention, that although this may go against craftster's rules of craftiness, I was at target today and they had a cute little kit that had like chocolate flavored body paint and a brush and stencils. ha! so if you haven't already thought of a way of packaging your sauce and brush, the kit was cute. and it was like 5 bucks.

I was going to make some with dark chocolate and put it in a little bottle.  The problem with store bought body paint is that it tends to not taste like chocolate.  And apparently the body-shaped bottles don't heat evenly so some parts of it are still solid and some are scalding hot.  We also don't have access to a microwave to melt it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jamais sans mes ciseaux.
everything_is_free
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2007 12:28:07 PM »

if i can get it together in time, i am going to go around town and take pictures of some of the letters off of signs of places (restaurants, bars, movie theaters, etc etc) we have been together that are special and then make a card with a message spelled out by the photographed letters. he can guess what each one is.

i don't have alot of money, and we've both been kind of down lately over a bunch of stuff, so i wanted to do something creative and that had a *spark*....he's romantic so i think he'll like it.

i may also embroider an anatomical heart onto something for him, as he's a med student. but we live together so it is hard to do so many crafty things for him unless i start early and can plan out when we won't be home together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now, my story begins in nineteen-dickety-two. We had to say "dickety" 'cause the Kaiser had stolen our word "twenty". I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickety-six miles
rockmygypsysoul
Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2007 02:54:33 PM »

lol @ everything_is_free - I feel your pain completely-the bf and I live together as well and between vday and our anniv (2/11), Im going nuts trying to get everything started so that he wont be here for it.  I usually have just a little bit of time during the day (but only so long as I dont cook or clean or do anything Im *supposed* to be doing)

so my plan is this-little bits by little bits when he is gone-like every other day or something-and yahoo! I have Wednesday nights from 6-8:30 when he has class, so thats a good chunk of time.  Plus, Im sending him to watch the super bowl with my dad and brother so I can stay home and craft (which he'll hate-he still gets nervous around my family when Im not there-but he'll do it)

ive also got three swaps going on for when he IS home...only when he is, he demands my constant attention unless I can get him to do his homework or lesson plans...grrr...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
babydimond
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2007 11:22:56 AM »

HELP!!

i wanted to give my boyfrined pictures of me as part of his gift, but i don't know how to give them to him.  i could just hand them to him b/c i made him a cute decorated box last year so he could keep them in there.  but i was thinking of putting them in a simple album, a calender of me, or a clock (some how)... any ideas or comments welcome

Hey I know that this is not so much a crafty idea, but  it should work, i went onto walmart.com and into their photo section where you can create a calendar , you could put your pics there so each month he has a new pic of you to look at, or as I did, I put pics of us on there , and i put special pics on special days, like our anniversary pic in aug. for our anni.
I hope it helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
that13 gurl13

I Love My Teddy!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2007 08:27:48 PM »

My best friend's boy friend is sewing my bestie a Heart shaped fleece blanket. he came up with the idea all by himself!! IM so proud of him lol.. and we were talkin abotu it and he was gonan hand sew it ALL!!! but i convinced him to use my sewing machine!! yay!! i love creative boys!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"'Oh sweet Jesus, a boob! She's making a BOOB!!!'" --InkFaery
"...with every good bye you learn"

"as long as Im alive, imma live illegal" ~ Sublime
maleficent
Down the Rabit Hole

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2007 05:54:16 PM »

as a christmas gift last year i made my boyfriend a "hug blanket" i got a fleece blanket and got my sister to trace the out line of me laying on it with my arms spread open. then i used a soft yarn (i woudln't recomend the yarn, it hasn't held up very well, in hindsight i'd use ribbon) to sew around the outline. i liked the simple in and out type stich so it made a dotted line but you could make it solid if you wanted to! we live about half an hour away from eachother and at the time both had a very busy work schedule so the idea was that he could wrap himself in the blanket and it would be like a big hug from me. lol it went over really well. i think it would make a great valentine's day present too if anyone is looking for ideas.

this year i think i'm going to do maybe a scrapbook or a picture frame/shadow box with pictures of us and movie stubs and rose petals and little things i've kept. and i think i'm going to make him pajama pants he is going through this strange cowboy phase, he's taken up the banjo and bought himself a cowboy hat and boots and has changed all his radio presets in his car to country stations (i'm not thrilled with the phase as i'm not a big country fan but i love him and will support any of his phases, no matter how weird they are) so i'm going to make him PJ chaps, you know those leather things that cowboys wear over thier jeans? i'm gonna find some nice soft fabric and sew PJ pants and then sew soft PJ chaps over top! then i want to make a personalized tag, i was thinking something like "from your little cowgirl" or "ride 'em cowboy" or something like that, something a little bit suggestive but fun....any thoughts on the tag saying? and then i might bake him something too, we'l see. he does most....ok ALL of the cooking because i'm kinnda useless in the kitchen but it might be fun to bake him something!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind -Gandhi
burstandbloom
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2007 06:00:50 PM »

as a christmas gift last year i made my boyfriend a "hug blanket" i got a fleece blanket and got my sister to trace the out line of me laying on it with my arms spread open. then i used a soft yarn (i woudln't recomend the yarn, it hasn't held up very well, in hindsight i'd use ribbon) to sew around the outline. i liked the simple in and out type stich so it made a dotted line but you could make it solid if you wanted to! we live about half an hour away from eachother and at the time both had a very busy work schedule so the idea was that he could wrap himself in the blanket and it would be like a big hug from me. lol it went over really well. i think it would make a great valentine's day present too if anyone is looking for ideas.

this year i think i'm going to do maybe a scrapbook or a picture frame/shadow box with pictures of us and movie stubs and rose petals and little things i've kept. and i think i'm going to make him pajama pants he is going through this strange cowboy phase, he's taken up the banjo and bought himself a cowboy hat and boots and has changed all his radio presets in his car to country stations (i'm not thrilled with the phase as i'm not a big country fan but i love him and will support any of his phases, no matter how weird they are) so i'm going to make him PJ chaps, you know those leather things that cowboys wear over thier jeans? i'm gonna find some nice soft fabric and sew PJ pants and then sew soft PJ chaps over top! then i want to make a personalized tag, i was thinking something like "from your little cowgirl" or "ride 'em cowboy" or something like that, something a little bit suggestive but fun....any thoughts on the tag saying? and then i might bake him something too, we'l see. he does most....ok ALL of the cooking because i'm kinnda useless in the kitchen but it might be fun to bake him something!

um holy crap, that hug blanket is quite possibly the best idea ever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
VF COLLECTIONS: Marni Spring/Summer 2015 - Milan Fashion Week
Celebrity Fashion: Hair Accessories
How Side Swept Bangs and Light Layers Can Reinvent Your Look
VF NEWS: Temperley London Spring/Summer 2015 - London Fashion Week
Our Favorite Curling Irons
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...