A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
626 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Foreign Exchange Swap Round 2 Send *extended 03/12/07  (Read 10180 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

d
princesshammerhead

Treat people how you like to be treated!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007 08:31:51 PM »

Sounds nice. We have no pub, no disco Cry Only a gas station a bank and a Post Office (Thank goodness). but I am signing up. 8)d
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If only closed minds came with closed mouths!

If the world is getting smaller, why do postage rates keep going up?

http://princesshammerhead.blogspot.com/

Personal swap anyone?
edward_victor
Eveything is clearer when you are in love- Lennon

OSU!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007 05:07:58 PM »

If you think theres nothing exiting about your town you can craft for another culture. Just remember to say what culture your going to craft!
For more ideas check the gallery of the first round (the link is in the first page). A lot of people, especially from the US crafted for different cultures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join Foreign Exchange Swap 2
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=144317.0

"Mind is the master of the senses, and the breath is the master of the mind" Hatha Yoga Pradipika IV:29
Phoenixe
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2007 10:38:26 AM »

Oh, I really really wanted to do this swap, but I can't... I asked someone at the post office to know how much does it cost to send a package to the US. They said even the lightest one would be more than 8.000 HUF (~ $41). I was, like, WHAAAAT??? That's about a year's pocket money of mine!  Undecided I knew it must be expensive to send something so far away but... That is just crazy! Or maybe it's just me being too poor? Cry
Anyway, good swapping everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The reason that 'aliens' speak Hungarian is that Hungarians are aliens." ROTFL

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/Phoenixe
goatgoddess
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2007 01:30:01 PM »

oh that is sad - sorry that it costs so much - I know postage to the usa is more than to mail from the usa but that is like 4 times more.

depending on weight of course. the most I've spent on postage for a package was $28 but that was a huge package. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

varandra
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007 06:14:44 AM »

OMG that IS expensive Phoenixe! How much is it to send within Europe? Still very expensive?
I'm thinking of joining this swap and I'm in Europe(Sweden to be specific), maybe I could be your partner if shipping within Europe is more affordable for you?
It would be really cool with a swapper from hungary!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly. Friendly in general.

LOOKING FOR COFFEE PACKAGES ( the "heavy-plastic-bag-type") FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. CONTACT ME FOR PERSONAL SWAP. Smiley

Blog

Inspiration for swap partners:  wists
ShelbyBelby
BeeShell

Words and Ideas Can Change the World

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2007 12:25:15 PM »

Wowsers!   Shocked That's really expensive.  I just ordered something from Australia and the shipping was only $8.50 and I know when I sent home from France it was only like 10-15 Euros (dollars were eqal at the time) to send a pretty hefty box home.  Geez...hope this doesn't keep ppl from swapping!  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personally, I experience the greatest degree of pleasure in having contact with works of art. They furnish me with happy feelings of an intensity such as I cannot derive from other realms. - Albert Einstein

http://shelbyp-book.blogspot.com/

http://www.wists.com/ShelbyBelby
edward_victor

OSU!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007 07:08:00 PM »

Oh, I really really wanted to do this swap, but I can't... I asked someone at the post office to know how much does it cost to send a package to the US. They said even the lightest one would be more than 8.000 HUF (~ $41). I was, like, WHAAAAT??? That's about a year's pocket money of mine!  Undecided I knew it must be expensive to send something so far away but... That is just crazy! Or maybe it's just me being too poor? Cry
Anyway, good swapping everyone!
Thats too bad! Check how much it costs to send to Swedden and if you can afford it ill pair you up! But if someone else from Hungary joins ill pair you up with that person. **crossing fingers**
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Mind is the master of the senses, and the breath is the master of the mind" Hatha Yoga Pradipika IV:29
Phoenixe
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007 02:23:56 AM »

Guess what, I've been misinformed about the prices. Unfortunately, it's not good news. It turned out that it's even more expensive than I've been told.  Shocked  Here's this table with all of the prices:

The first column is 'weight': 0-5 kg, 5-10 kg, 10-15 kg and 15-20 kg. And there are the zones (zone 1, 2, 3 and 4). Now, Sweden is in zone 1, so if I send a package between 0 and 5 kilograms it would cost 7,500 HUF ($38). The USA is in zone 3, therefore it would be 10,500 HUF ($54). Uh. I wonder which countries are in zone 4.

I really have no idea who invented these prices but he's definiatelly rich or stupid or doesn't want people to send anything to other contries.

But (yeah, there's always a but!) if I send things as a letter and not as a package... you know, in envelope instead of in a box... than it would be cheaper. (Not big news, I know.) Well, it still wouldn't be cheap but the price would be more friendly. But (jeez, I use this word too much) there is still problem with this. On one hand, I couldn't send a letter that is heavier than 2 kilograms. That would be hard, I guess, 'cause 2 kilos are not that much. On the other hand, if I send things in an envelope... Honestly, what can you put into ONE envelope? Even if it is a huge one there are only space for some tiny things... I'd feel awful if everyone's package would be bigger than mine, and it wouldn't be fair, either.  Sad

*sigh* Whatever. It looks like it can't be helped.

But Although, varandra was really nice to offer that she'll swap with me  Kiss, so I decided I'll send something to her! I don't think I can send lots of stuff, maybe I'll just send one or two tiny little thing... so pleeeease don't expect too much! It's gonna be just, I don't know, a thank-you gift for being so nice? Oh and don't worry I do not expect anything in return, so you can still do this swap with someone else!  Wink Please PM me you're name and address! Also if there's anything specific you want from Hungary, don't hesitate to tell! I don't promise I will get it for you, but I'll try.

Oh, well, I'm in a rush now so please forgive me my English everyone. And have a nice day! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The reason that 'aliens' speak Hungarian is that Hungarians are aliens." ROTFL

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/Phoenixe
edward_victor

OSU!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007 11:11:39 AM »

Couldnt you craft one "large" but tiny craft? Like its large because of the time it consumed but tiny in size. Like a painting or some elaborate craft that represents your culture?? Or maybe some miniature, that way it will count as Large and it wont cost you so much $$$!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

got2b4him247

in omnia paratus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2007 01:28:00 PM »

Oooh, this sounds so fun!  I am signing up right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

// Kristen //
// http://iseeyoudear.etsy.com //
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Skeleton T-Shirt Costume
How to Make Halloween Specimen Jars
How to Create Paper Pumpkins
How to Make a Trick-or-Treat Bag
How to Make a Sock Skeleton
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...