A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,598
Currently Running With Scissors:
428 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 51
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweat Shoppe Swap (round 7!) sign ups closed  (Read 45202 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #230 on: January 19, 2007 04:44:04 PM »

I am interested in joining this swap but I have a couple of questions:

1-is it only open to people who sell their crafts?
2-when will the items be due to send? (gotta know how much time I have as my items are mildly labor intensive.

If a non seller could join I'd be interested in joining X2 and my item for all 10 would be a chunky vintage button bracelet-the on elastic variety, not charm bracelet variety. I can post a picture of my first one but subsequent ones will be better:) LOL. Some would be monochromatic, some with glass buttons, some all  different colors, some all wood or fabric buttons (I have probably 100 pounds of vintage buttons so I have a little bit of all kinds.

1-no, anyone can join!
2-send outs are Feb 6th! You can start crafting now, as we are not required to 'customize' the items..although I know it's hard sometimes, lots of us take color/size requests and frantically craft in the short 2 week crafting time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
foolily
« Reply #231 on: January 19, 2007 05:00:53 PM »

wow all the stuff you guys are swapping is drool-worthy!

*starts to think about what i could offer for a future SSS round*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
retro-redux

spending way too much time on craftster since 2006

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #232 on: January 19, 2007 05:44:21 PM »

Great! Here is a picture of one of the bracelets I made-though like I said before they will all look a lil different depending on what buttons I use. This one was all wooden buttons:

better get cracking:)-LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

come be my craftster friend on my blog: http://www.myspace.com/retroredux

I succumbed to the Wist Darkside-here ya go:
http://www.wists.com/retro-redux

Break the chain: Spay or Neuter your pets
novastarlet

Plastic Rodeo Queen

« Reply #233 on: January 19, 2007 06:07:47 PM »

Once again, there are so many cute things!! Cheesy I think that instead of making 10 items, I am just going to scout out some private swaps.

General Question: Do you guys prefer to see what is being made in advance? Or it is better to have a surprise when the item arrives?

I am making some of the cake pouches that I posted an image of before -- but I am also doing some additional animals that are totally new. Should I put up images or just leave it as a surprise for my partners?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Website  :  Flickr  :  Wist
GatorWrangler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: January 19, 2007 06:14:17 PM »

Once again, there are so many cute things!! Cheesy I think that instead of making 10 items, I am just going to scout out some private swaps.

General Question: Do you guys prefer to see what is being made in advance? Or it is better to have a surprise when the item arrives?

I am making some of the cake pouches that I posted an image of before -- but I am also doing some additional animals that are totally new. Should I put up images or just leave it as a surprise for my partners?

I love surprises and I know you are on my top picks list. Smiley  But I think it depends on if you are letting people choose what they want.  I posted the 10 fabrics for my wristlets because I'm letting my partners pick their favorites because I don't have time to customize.  But all your pouches are so cute so I'm sure your partners will be thrilled with whatever they get Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

My Pinterest
gatheredthreads
« Reply #235 on: January 19, 2007 06:31:20 PM »

I got a little time to paint today, and I thought I would show the results:

Hopefully I will get lots of time this weekend!  Please let me know what colours you like/dislike if I am sending to you Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing.  ~ Dali
wist
chelleyf
« Reply #236 on: January 19, 2007 07:20:50 PM »

Hi, I'm offering a beaded pendant & a pair of jump ring earrings.  Hopefully the pic will show up.  I'm not good w/ this picture stuff Tongue
so I guess we'll see.
Everything you all are making is so great, that I couldn't help but sign up for this swap.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2011 09:47:05 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

javastain

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #237 on: January 19, 2007 08:32:38 PM »

Man, this swap gets better every time! (I know I say this every swap, but I am serious!!!)
Ok, we are closing the swap Sunday night, then we need top picks lists in by MOnday night. We have a huge crowd once again!!! I hope it will only take me until Tuesday to figure out partners, but don't hold me to that!!!! I will keep you all informed through it though!

Ok off to work on prototypes...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
cyndiq
i am aka sewsweet08 on yt come say hi

aussie craftster

« Reply #238 on: January 20, 2007 03:22:38 AM »

lovely items everyone.
i like the pendant chellyf, i would wear that!
cyndiq
THIS ROCKS   Logged

delayes_echo
« Reply #239 on: January 20, 2007 07:46:52 AM »

Hi all,
I've just signed up! I've been thinking for a while about what to make, and here they are:

It's a set of 5 notelets (picture only shows 4) with matching envelopes, all with handdrawn illustrations, all of them Valentine / love-themed. Would be useful to pen a mid-week pick-me-up to girlfriends or to pen a little note to slip in the bag of the significant other Smiley. Hope you like them. Also, since they'd be handdrawn, no 2 illustrations would be the same, so expect some irregularities Smiley.

Edit: I've got a little more time so I'm bumping up the no of notelets/envelopes from 4 to 5. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007 04:26:37 PM by delayes_echo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 51 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Extreme Sports Photography
Latest Cameras in the Market
New Releases for Photographers
Photography and Make Up
Macro Photography Tips
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...