A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,601
Currently Running With Scissors:
714 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 51
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweat Shoppe Swap (round 7!) sign ups closed  (Read 35463 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cindy_23492
lean mean crochet machine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2007 03:07:27 PM »

I'm officially in as well!
I'm offering crochet donut pincushions. I will try to make the prototype this weekend and get pics on Sunday. They'll also come with a book thong or two.

To give you an idea of what they look like:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=143041.0

The donut will probably be a darker brown, though (chocolate brown)...chocolate!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewingLori
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2007 03:15:39 PM »

OMY!

Do I need to offer up 5 more things so I can get one of everything? Sheesh! I LOVE IT ALL.

Would anyone be interested in fabric headbands? They's be embellished with a lot of goodies. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kayrun
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2007 05:46:10 PM »

I just sent in my info - - this is my first time in the Sweat Shoppe!
I plan to make a trio of knitted cotton washcloths for each swapper (hmmm...that's 15....hmmm....need to whip a few more up this weekend  Smiley
I'll post pics over the weekend as well.
This is all so new & exciting!

Ok,
I hope I'm doing this right - - editing my orig. post to include pics:
(please excuse ends not woven in yet....)

« Last Edit: June 14, 2011 09:46:55 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
NessaGurl
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2007 07:39:37 PM »

sewinglori... I'd be up for headbands. I have in-betweeny hair that I hate to style so I love to wear headbands... my hubby hates it though, he doesn't understand why I get my hair cut, so I can put it back in a headband.. Grin I bet he'd love me to get a new one!!!

nessagurl
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop...
http://thislittlebird.etsy.com 

My Wist
http://www.wists.com/ThisLittleBird

I would love to do a personal swap for Quality, well made felt or crochet play foods for my daughter... contact me if you are interested. Check out my shop to see what I could make for you
LuxieLou

sewing & polymer clay <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2007 08:02:40 PM »

So this is what I'm going to be offering a heart keychain and heart charm set. They will look like these in different colors.

And coin purses. The style will be like this in different fabrics. They are approx 4 1/2" x 3 1/2" so you can fit credit cards, business cards, etc. in them too.

Would you want the keychain and charm to be the same colors or would you want to receive 2 different ones?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

This Shall Be For Music

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2007 06:15:50 AM »

Hi everyone!!
I'm sooo excited about this swap. Here are my entries for this round.

Butterfly necklaces: made with Swarofski crystal beads, faceted glass beads, seed beads on a silver plated chain.  Each a OOAK item!

Vintage Valentine's Day cards: images from Dover clip art book printed onto cardstock weight cards.  You will get a set of 3 cards.

Enjoy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
ooak_diva
Livin' La Vida Loca

Champagne Dreams on a Beer Budget.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2007 06:59:15 AM »

Well fellow Craftsters, it comes with a heavy heart that I must tell you all that I cannot participate in ANY swaps for a while.  My husband just shared with me over our morning coffee that as of yesterday he is unemployed.  He was layed off yesterday and received the layoff notice with his check.  The company is in financial straits and it has something to do with the accountant.  Thats all my DH knows.....over 1/2 the company was layed off yesterday and the owner is not talking to anyone.  My DH said he noticed some problems about a month ago....credit holds and such.......so...... .no more swapping for a while.  I need to get organized and need to tight the purse strings.  I am in shock right now and not sure what to do at the moment so I am not going to do anything but crochet all weekend!  I need to get a handle on my stress right now.  I do feel an obligation to continue with the Charity Projects I have started....that is how I will keep my sanity.....and I am involved in 2 personal swaps which I will complete. 

I am going to be following all of you and drooling over all of the wonderful items! 

Can I ask for a thought and/or prayer?  I would appreciate it!

Cry 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

devilninny

isnt he adorable?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2007 07:24:24 AM »

ooak_diva...we will be thinking of you!

and you know, if you stock up your etsy, you would be crafting and making money! i am always checking your shop to look for new fused glass pendants!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

glittergirl94
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2007 07:33:05 AM »

Can I ask for a thought and/or prayer? 

Of course, no need to ask really.  That's terrible news, but I'm sure you'll both think of something and make it through this.  I'm confident that you'll be back in the SSS eventaually.  And, devilninny has a good point!  I opened my etsy shop to support my habit, but I know of a few that sell their wares to support themselves...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ooak_diva
Livin' La Vida Loca

Champagne Dreams on a Beer Budget.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2007 07:56:50 AM »

You both are so right!  I have let the Etsy Shop go by the way-side to focus on some consignment contracts I have and to sell locally....so I need to get into craft survival mode and start selling online again!!

Thanks so much for the thoughts!  I could sure use 'em today.

My poor hubby....he is depressed too...he went to lay down and go to sleep....he asked me to let him be depressed for a couple days.  I need to keep my eye on him.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 51 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Key Layering Tricks You Need This Fall
Back-to-School Saturday Haul with Cait Barker
The Latest Leather and Patent Items from The Highstreet
Jeanius - Jorden Bickham on Denim
Vintage Bowles - Ragtime in Paris
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...