A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,759
Currently Running With Scissors:
598 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Summer Dress and Cherry Skirt  (Read 2316 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Clinomaniac
« on: January 08, 2007 01:13:44 AM »

These are pretty much the first clothes I've ever made, not counting pyjamas and trackies, and I think they turned out pretty well. I really love the cherry fabric, so much that I bought another two metres of the stuff.

This dress looks a bit wonky, but I think it's just the way I'm standing. It looks better when I'm wearing a decent bra too.

I love, love, love this skirt. I'm going to make another one out of some other cherry fabric I've got. (For some reason I'm obsessed with cherries.)

« Last Edit: September 03, 2010 01:14:23 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
AmaZing
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007 01:21:01 AM »

I love cherries too!  Cheesy Your dress and skirt are great! Any chance of a close-up, I can't really see the details!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Clinomaniac
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007 01:56:13 AM »

Thanks, amaZing! By the way, what's your opinion of the tucked-in singlet with the skirt ? I hate tucked-in tops, but I have to admit it looks much better with the skirt that way. Am I committing a fashion faux pas in that photo ? I so have no idea about this stuff Smiley

Close up of the dress material:
http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o275/Clinomaniac/Crafty%20Crap/?action=view&current=DSC00040.jpg

And the skirt:
http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o275/Clinomaniac/Crafty%20Crap/?action=view&current=DSC00019.jpg

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aaurora
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007 02:38:05 PM »

The tucked in singlet looks great with that skirt...I don't think it is a fashion faux pas as I know tucked in tops are in fashion with high waisted skirts (although this is not high waisted, it's kinda the same rule!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
J4Joolz
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007 05:08:35 PM »

I love the dress.  Was it made from a commercial pattern and, if so, which one?  I think I may be a similar size and shape as you and the dress is so flattering on you that I'd love to make one for myself. 

Julie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stars_Fire_17
Drop the Yarn and no one gets hurt!

Kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007 05:21:01 PM »

They are both adorable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kit

"Stars, hide your fires, Let not light see my black and deep desires"
Clinomaniac
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007 06:39:18 PM »

Thanks for the advice on the tucked-in top thing, Aaurora. Eventually I'll learn all this fashion stuff, right ? Smiley

J4Joolz, the dress is made from New Look 6459. I made View A.

I'm so excited about all these positive comments! I really wasn't sure if my stuff was any good, so this has been awesome. Thanks, people Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stevesgal
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007 07:26:45 PM »

awesome dress and skirt.  awesome fabric.  Will be great for the summer...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MindyMoo
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007 11:11:14 AM »

Oh I love it, and will have to definitely make it....is it suitable for beginners? or was it hard? thanks for sharing....its gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ATC swap being organised by www.wightcat.com
Check it out.
Clinomaniac
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007 12:36:29 AM »

Both were pretty simple patterns. I'd never done zippers before, so I had to get my mum to help with that part of it, but other than that they were pretty easy. The only real problem I had was that somehow the skirt turned out way too small, so I had to add a panel at the back, but even that turned out ok in the end.

I decided to make a halter dress out of the rest of the cherry material, which is definitely going to be a learning experience. There are so many pieces! Eeek! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Different Textures with Oil Paints
How to Face Paint a Union Jack Flag
Shepard Fairey Mural Time Lapse
Jerry Saltz Shows His Favorite Paintings
Andy Warhol: The Last Decade Exhibit Tour
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...