A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,540
Currently Running With Scissors:
753 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: whadda mean these pants fit??  (Read 2504 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kcfirecracker
« on: January 07, 2007 11:37:39 PM »

I finially bought my self the SEW U book, and of course I flipped past the shirt& skirt and went straight for making the pants. I think they turned out pretty good. I got the wooly fabric for 'bout 4 bucks a yard, (not a steal, but the cheapest of the "nice stuff"), with these in mind. ( sorry about my face, that's the best editing my crappy program can do)

I don't think these pants really look like this as I'm walking down the street, like I'm getting feedback. If so- I'm sure someone will tell me tomorrow

I tapered the pattern for skinner legs, added some extra material cuz I guess I messed up some where in the waist band process. ooops! But when was the last time I tucked in my shirt anyway?
  I'm so happy with them considering they are the first I've made, I had to share!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007 11:41:20 PM by kcfirecracker » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Are you taking orders, or are you taking over?" -The Clash
AmaZing
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007 01:31:11 AM »

Wow, I'm in awe of anyone who can make trousers! Yours are so great and I really love the fabric!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
misseccentric
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007 10:35:09 AM »

those are awesomee. ive seen that book. is it worth getting?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
merricat17
Strange Grounds

Strange Grounds Coffee, 1417 S Broadway, Denver CO

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007 10:47:55 AM »

pants are really intimidating to me.  those are very cool, and i like the fabric a lot.  how is that book?  its the one by Wendy right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strange Grounds Coffee
1417 South Broadway
Denver, CO 80210
irishride23
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007 12:42:01 PM »

great job on the pants...i just got that book for christmas. i am in love with it but scared to try the pants! haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

to be saved costs us nothing, to be a disciple costs us everything.
TheDishclothQueen
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007 12:59:25 PM »

Cute pants!  Am I allowed to make a suggestion?  I'm going to, w/o permission, but if you hate me for it, let me know and I'll delete it!

That extra fabric you added on the waistband....the first thing that jumps at me is that you didn't cut it in the same direction as the rest of the fabric.  It's particularly noticable b/c of the plaid/stripe pattern.

Even with that, though, I think they'd look a lot better if you just made that extra flap of fabric a little shorter.  They should be buttoning much closer to the zipper, and not nearly so close to the pocket. 

Your zipper looks MUCH better than my first zipper attempt, though!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Making an effort to use proper English and not 'net slang makes me much more willing to respond to your post.
ahh muna eat choo
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007 02:53:07 PM »

I've wanted to get the Sew U book.....is it really helpful? I know alot of people find it like...the holy book of sewing and cloth-making. What's your opinion on the book? Do you like it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dorkariffic
Kind of a hippy.

Hufflepuff Seeker - Dork Extrordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007 07:47:35 PM »

Nice job! I would've thought they were store-bought.
I like that fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LOOKING FOR A PERSONAL SWAP: I'm hoping for dinosaur-themed Xmas crackers, or other dinosaur Xmas items. I can make a Jayne Cobb hat, or many other things!

"Before we begin, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you."

Wists & LJ links in pro
kcfirecracker
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007 06:31:09 PM »

those are awesomee. ive seen that book. is it worth getting?

I really DO love the sew U book ( by Wendy). I really hear her saying things I've read in other books, but like she's sitting down with me just - kickin' it and explaining it. I think the book went OOP, but is coming back in print this new(now) year. It's great. She totally instilled NOT cutting corners on anything. And it's the first time I've actually done so-

untill I got to the extra bit of waits band. Dishcloth queen... I know. I know. But you ever work so hard on a clothing project, so close to finishing, so siked about wearing it the next day? I just grabbed a scrap, and BOOM! done. As far as it being a larger piece, that's half nessicity (I made that much of a b0o-b0o) and taste.   
   And of course I don't mind suggestions/comments.  How else do you grow & learn? a different persoective is always good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Are you taking orders, or are you taking over?" -The Clash
TheDishclothQueen
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007 08:08:14 PM »

But you ever work so hard on a clothing project, so close to finishing, so siked about wearing it the next day?

Oh, yeah...totally been there Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Making an effort to use proper English and not 'net slang makes me much more willing to respond to your post.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Remove Person from the background of a photo
How to Change the Color of Background Mat
How to Achieve vibrant photos.
How to Add a Photo to a Photoshop Template
How to Change a Photo
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...