A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,581
Currently Running With Scissors:
683 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Avast Men's Zip Sweater from Knitty  (Read 4520 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shivashiva
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007 06:03:32 PM »

I'm using swish, too and it grew! make sure you do a washed swatch to see how it goes for you, esp. before putting the hems on!

i was even thinking of redoing the whole yoke and sleeves, but i've already got the hems sewn on.  Sad

i suppose i could just unravel the sleeves and bind off and let them roll.....

i'll keep you posted, and I'd love to see pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

creepyhugger
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007 01:08:13 PM »

this is really scaring me...  i made the sleeves for my husband's longer than was suggested, since he's skinny but tall.  i measured off of a zip cardigan that he has and that he likes.  so, you followed the measurements in the pattern for a medium, it was fine before you washed it, and then the sleeves grew?  did you dry it in the dryer or block it to dry?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Silver Ilix
Up Late

Make your own way........

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2007 10:25:52 AM »

Shiva, you asked
"can i unravel the sleeves from the bottom (where I originally cast on) and take out a bunch of rows and then reknit the hem? it seems like i'd have to knit in the wrong direction to do that and i'm just not sure."  Shocked wow a problem for sure!

I am pretty sure that this is a solid plan.... as long as the pattern on the base of the sleves is basic, the direction should not change how it looks..... you may sse the join, but that will be because you will be sensitive to it, even then you will have to search for it. Wink

Keep us posted!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: www.uplatedesigns.b logspot.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I had set him free. *Michanlengelo
elabela
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2007 08:53:41 PM »

anyone give me an idea for sizing? I would love eto surprise my hubs with this... he wears a size 38 pant, is about 6'. Above his 38' waist though he has a bit of a gut.. hehe

heres a picture..

I'll be fine with sleeve length,etc. but just wondered on a general level? He usually is an xl or so..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's my birthday! - November 8!
creepyhugger
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007 01:40:07 PM »

there are schematics at the end of the pattern, as far as how big around it will turn out for each size.  as long as you have the right gauge, it should be pretty accurate, although mine came out a bit small and i swear i have gauge...  my hubby likes things a bit loose, so maybe that's why. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chelseachip
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007 01:48:16 PM »

I'm in!  I will be starting this pretty soon for my BF.  I will also be working on Thermal from Knitty for my sister, so I am sure my progress will be slow.  I will be using Swish Superwash from Knit Picks.  I am glad I read about your growing issues, so I will definitely be swatching and washing. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

honeypeaches

"Will knit for tattoos."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2007 07:09:23 PM »

I'm working on this as well. I started it a month or so ago, and I'm still working on the cabled band (although, I'm nearly done) because I get bored with repetition. (Yeah, I can't WAIT for all the stockinette...)

This is supposed to be a Christmas present for my dad. I hope I get this done in time to make other people's gifts as well. Please tell me I'm not the only person mad enough to start planning Christmas gifts in August... a girl needs time to WORK, you know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog: The Prettiest Star

Ravelry ID: honeypeaches
amyb444
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007 09:59:58 PM »

I'm working on this as well. I started it a month or so ago, and I'm still working on the cabled band (although, I'm nearly done) because I get bored with repetition. (Yeah, I can't WAIT for all the stockinette...)

This is supposed to be a Christmas present for my dad. I hope I get this done in time to make other people's gifts as well. Please tell me I'm not the only person mad enough to start planning Christmas gifts in August... a girl needs time to WORK, you know!

I'm also going to knit this as a Christmas present. It's for my husband. I'm going to knit a sweater for me first, and then he can get his. I plan on checking the KP Swish gauge and possibly use that, or Plymouth Encore. It has to feel good and be washable, because I refuse to handwash any boy clothes.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

honeypeaches

"Will knit for tattoos."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2007 10:57:23 AM »

I'm using KP Wool of the Andes (since it was recommended on the pattern page), which IS hand wash/dry flat, but my dad can handle his own laundry Smiley

I really love this yarn, though! It feels fantastic in my hands.

I'm considering adding the cable pattern up the sleeves. What do you all think? Cool? Weird? Time-consuming? I don't know how many rows it will take me to do the sleeves (I guess I could do the math), so I don't know how to figure that all in.

Here's all I've got so far. I've got a ways to go:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007 01:29:48 PM by roxybritain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog: The Prettiest Star

Ravelry ID: honeypeaches
zip
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2007 09:18:10 AM »

I'm also going to knit this for Christmas, for my FIL. I'm using Cascade 220 Superwash.

I've been swatching all weekend, but haven't made gauge yet. I tried 7 and 6, and just started a 4 (need to buy a size 5). As soon as I match, I'll cast on (here's hoping!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Set the Spot Meter Function Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Set the Shutter Priority Function Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Set the Image Quality and Resolution in the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Set the Program Mode Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Set the Manual Mode Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...