A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: It's time to vote for your favorite swapped project! Smiley  Vote now through Sunday, August 30th!
Total Members: 311,389
Currently Running With Scissors:
785 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fun with Bleach -- "Bloody" Skull Tee  (Read 1185 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rocketqueen
« on: March 30, 2007 01:17:52 PM »

At long last, I've worked out the whole photo posting deal. So here's my first posted project -- yay!

I wish I had a before photo, bc this skull-T used to be just fun cheesy weekend wear -- and now I find it quite awesome. It all began in a serendipitous laundry moment, when I accidentally got a spot (just a spot) of bleach on it, revealing an awesome earthly red hue just begging to be let out. So today, in a crafty break from house cleaning, I decided to finally do the deed. I turned her inside-out, put her in a bucket, splashed her with some bleach, then immersed her in cold water (in my head, I was thinking that would "shock" the bleaching process, sort of like you shock pasta -- is that true? I dunno.) But I'm very happy with the results.

The other shirts, I figured I'd just throw into the photo. I made them a while ago. I tie-dyed the b/w striped one by rolling the shirt all the way around from the bottom up, then wrapping around sections of the resulting circle with rubberbands (lots of them per section and *tightly*) And the third shirt I just threw into the same black dye bath -- 3/4 of the way for many minutes, then the rest for just a few, hence the stripe.

I actually have a bunch more RIT dye that I planned to make more wifebeaters with, but the rinsing is soooo time-consuming and unpleasantly chore-like. For now, I think I'll play around with bleach. MUCH easier, and I rather like the negative aspect of the process.

so here it is...

thanks for looking!
Mary
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009 11:49:50 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue. - don't mind me! » THIS ROCKS   Logged
violentjayne
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007 01:23:13 PM »

wow thats amazing that you got that awesome red from bleach ! who would have thought ? any way I love the effect . very cool .. and why am I never so lucky with bleach? Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skoo
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007 02:01:20 PM »

cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Is Tagging in Graffiti
Types of Graffiti Spray Paint
What Is Wildstyle Graffiti
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter O
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter M
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Paint Cans
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Flannel Hoodie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...