A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,378
Currently Running With Scissors:
597 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A journey to the best fabric store that I have found in North Georgia!  (Read 11075 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

diannab
founder member of the ZaftigMomma appreciation Society : )

Away..... stalking..... will return shortly......

View Profile WWW
« on: January 06, 2007 09:36:44 AM »

Woohooo I am the first post in the subboards!!!!! YAY! YAY for subboards, thanks Leah and mods! WOot! Well, anyways... onto my point ;d lol I am venturing down to candler fabrics on the morning of January 20th! Cheesy hehehe I have to be back in barrow county by 12 though. Soooo I won't be able to stay all day like I wanna! Sad Anyways, anyone want to venture there to? I have recommeded this place to thousands And it is so fun to go shopping with other crafty peeps! Cheesy my hubs thinks I am looloo lol Cheesy

Laters, Di
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I may be out of touch for a few days.my cable company merges we are experiencing lots growing pains!!! Email: diannabishop@yahoo.com
Would you like a Child/baby clothing & gift board?
sallye24
s to the ally

paz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007 10:04:04 AM »

Hey, where is that?  i just moved to cleveland, ga not too long ago from nj so i'm a little lost on where to get stuff.  if its close and i'm around i def would like to go check it out! thanks,sally
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jackandsally.etsy.c om           check it out for handmade clothes for sale...and just check out etsy cause it rules
diannab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007 10:35:42 AM »

Hey Sally! Cheesy Welcome to GA! Cheesy I am in Cleveland lots! LOL (embarrassing fact my great uncle is Xavier Roberts! Cheesy ) LOL Grin hehe it's kinda cool actually but heh. It might be too far for you. It is a 30 minute drive from my area (with good traffic. probably an hour and a half for you? you could mapquest Candler rd, decatur ga to get a good idea of length/distance) May I still suggest you go though! Trust me, I would drive more than I do now to get their for the bargain buys! Cheesy I mean, ultrasuede at 7.99 a yard! Shocked I have seen this go for more than twice the price at other stores Cheesy You do have to fairly knowledgable in fabric and what not because the guys there are pretty kept to themselves Grin I go there sometimes just to fondle the fabric Cheesy lmao I know I am bad! Smiley They have a 'cuts ' table where you can buy tulle / netting for 69 cents a yard. Its precut but you can't beat it. And if you are willing to dig you can find some great fabric at the bottom of those piles! I got some premium white velvet 2.5 yrds for 69 cents a yard b/c it was on that table Wink heheheheheheheheheh ehe. they have muslin for 49 cents a yard............... .......... Grin I LOVE THIS PLACE They have pleather (it might be the real deal not too sure) for 8.99 a yard.... Chenille and all other kinds of feely fabric that I have seen at my local wallie for 13 bucks for 7.99 Grin heheheh I would love to have ya! I think I am not being seen on here because the new child boards Grin LOL I hope some more people find their way here It will be fun! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I may be out of touch for a few days.my cable company merges we are experiencing lots growing pains!!! Email: diannabishop@yahoo.com
diannab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007 08:26:35 AM »

Grin Just wanted to post what another craftster, Jloveg, had to say about me ranting about the stores down there Cheesy She made the trip here recently and here's what she had to say:

DIANNAB.........

YOU  ARE  THE  MOST  FABULOUS!!!!!!   WHAT A  FIND!!!!   I  finally  made it to those 2 stores.....
OH  MY  the  fabric  stores!!!  HEAVEN!!!  both of  them...   one  had   anywhere from tulle to wool to vinyl (in 12 colors)  to leather to naugahide in 8 colors to sheers  to upholstery.  from  tulle for 49 cents a  yard to 6.99  for  some  stuff......  most  was  1.99 and 2.99   every thing  except  teh  vinyl  was  on 70 or longer inch bolts!!!!   can  you believe it!  then I went to teh  other one  that  was  having a sale  apparently and  EVERYTHING  was 1 nad 2 a  yard  I  got  some 60 in black denim  for 2 a  yard...  woot and  here  you go  get this  zippers  for 10 cents  each!!!!   rick rack  was  90 cents  a  pack  binding  ranged  froma dollar  to 6.......  oh  all teh  trim  stuff  was 49 cents a  yard!   I  was  good and  only  spent  maybe 20 between  both stores.

apparently teh  one  on memorial  is  having a  huge  sale  from what the  lady   was  saying.....    when  you  go in teh  one  on  memorial DIANNAB  be  sure  to  let them  you kow   that its  you that was  singing their  praises.....  ask  if they  remember the blonde boy that talked their  heads  off.....   she is  expecting you....

again thanks  so  very  much  for  showing  me these  stores......  made  having to go to the IRS  not  nearly as  miserable!

Cheesy hheeheheheheheeh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sallye24
s to the ally

paz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007 02:54:53 PM »

wow that store sounds really really awesome.  I'm definitely gonna work on checking it out.  can you recommend any around cleveland?  and ps you're gonna have to let me know the next time youre in town! fellow craft/sewing buddies are always much appreciated and far and few between! happy trails and thanks for the heads up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jackandsally.etsy.c om           check it out for handmade clothes for sale...and just check out etsy cause it rules
diannab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007 05:20:18 AM »

I don't know of any up that way Sad I drive quite a ways for my fabric and such. The best thing I can recommend is to get involved with www.freecycle.org since you are new to the area this would be a good way to meet people. THrough my freecycle I have found the best cake maker! And another person who knew of my beloved store! Cheesy heheheeheh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunsethj
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007 05:21:31 AM »

So the store is called Candler Fabrics on Candler Rd? Do you know of a cross street so I can have a bearing of where to start looking?

I live out in Gwinnett and we have "Fabric World" which is a good discount fabric place. All of their designer fabrics are either 99c or 1.99 a yd. But mostly they have upolhstry fabrics and they are all really great prices 2.99 and 3.99 a yard. They have a lot of notions there too. They have several in the Atlanta area. To get to this location, go east on HWY 78(stn. mtn. fwy.) At the first light, turn left. Fabric World is on the right in the same shopping center as K&G.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008 07:11:17 PM »

sorry it has taken so long  but here you go
Candler Fabrics
404-289-8811
2124 Candler Rd
Decatur, ga

AND

Discount Fabric Center   Cry Cry ::)OUT OF BUSINESS
404-284-9887
3451 Memorial Dr
Decatur, Ga

Hope that helps.  sorry I fell asleep on the job!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009 01:57:58 PM by jloveg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
balcsgirl
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009 05:53:46 PM »

Hey ladies! I also live in Cleveland, GA. My husband is related to Xavier, I wonder how ya'll are related...  SMALL WORLD!! Anyways, I have not found any fabric stores close to here. The closest one is Hancocks in Gainesville or Joanns in Athens. Decatur is about an hour & a half away.  A super WalMart is comming to town but I already know that they will NOT be having a fabric dept.   Sad The Walmart in Cornelia still has a fabric dept but the selection is pitiful...   feel free to contact me at my email:  balcsgirl@yahoo.com  maybe we aleady know each other....? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pmouse
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009 11:08:29 AM »

Cry I just went to look up Candler Fabrics to see if they have a website and yellow pages.com has a review that indicates the store is no longer in business.  Does anyone know for sure that this is the case?  Huh

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What To Whip Up With Your Thanksgiving Leftovers
Outside The Box: Spicy Turducken
Check Out The Healthiest Hotel Food
Weight Watchers Swap and Drop on Turkey Day
Holiday Home Cooking With Paula Deen
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...