A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,502
Currently Running With Scissors:
559 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A pile of mystery stuffs  (Read 645 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

WitchCatXeen

life's a joke, so make fun of it!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 05, 2007 05:08:19 PM »

So while Craftster was down, I found something to do with the foam sheets in this pic (making little books with them).

So here's the pic of stuffs I don't know what to do with:

Um.  Ignore the blue stencils.  I know what to do with those :-p

I have several of those wreathes.  I tried turning one into a dream catcher and it... well it looked like crap.  There is no hope there.

The black velvet is a pair of pants someone gave me.  As much as I LOVE velvet (velveteen?), I won't wear velvet pants.  I'm thinking they might be good practice for my first clothes recon project.  Or maybe I'll make a couple pillows, because I have a ton of that fiberfill stuff (also in the picture).

The soap stuff is avocado cucumber soap, special suspension formula.  I bought it when it was on sale.  Um.  Now what? :-p  I really wanted to know what I can do with it by itself, or combined with everyday household items.  I have no soap molds, but I did buy an ice cube tray ages ago in hopes to figure out how to make mini soaps.  (saran wrap first, then pour it in?)

Then I have a candle platter (has a lead warning on it).  No clue what to do with it.

Then a black plate I fell in love with.  I was thinking of panting a pentacle onto it and turning it into a wall hanging, but that's the only idea I have.

There's a sheet of sparkly glitter felt. 

There's a bag of random scrap fabric.  None of the fabrics I particularly like, but the real problem is its such an odd assortment of shapes and sizes, I don't know what to do with it, cept hand sew raggedy dolls out of the bigger pieces.  I have some modge pogde that I've neeeever played with before.  Can the fabric be mohge podged onto something? (and no, I can't spell :-p)

I also have tons of scrap papers laying around from my card making ventures, but they aren't pictured here.  Any ideas there?

Oh, and since my roomy and I are rum boozers, I collect the bottles.  I know I can use etching cream on them, but holy geez, I wore myself out on that in high school.  I'd really like some project for them OTHER than that, thank you Smiley

Ummm.  I don't think I'm missing anything.  This is pretty much stuff that's been laying around for ages, and I really want to pass them on elsewhere, or put them to good use.

Thanks in advance, but no apologies for the rambling.  I needed it Smiley

*edited to add*  I forgot about the witch hazel! I had bought it cause I found a recipe for some home made something but now I can't remember what it was.  Help?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007 05:12:07 PM by WitchCatXeen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007 06:00:46 PM »

Okay...I don't have ideas for most of the stuff, but here is an idea for the random fabric scraps:

You could make a pillow using a paper pieced pattern (at least I think that is what is called- you have a pattern printed on a piece of paper that has all of the parts numbered. You stitch the fabric together on the lines, following in the order of the numbers...there is a little bit more to it, but not much!)- I made a dragonfly pillow once, and I could use the most randomly shaped scraps of fabric.

Or, you could try iris folding with the random scraps- you'd need to cut them into strips and fold the strips in half and then follow the pattern. Here is a tutorial ( http://www.irisfolding.circleofcrafters.com/irisfoldingheart.html ) that I found in a post by kneat. It is for paper, I think, but you can use fabric for it, too, I'm pretty sure...

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Oh, and maybe for the bottles, you could do that 70's thing and burn a bunch of melty candles in it...the wax drips over the sides and makes a funky wax-covered candle holder...my hippie uncle used to have a bunch of those...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
WitchCatXeen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007 09:09:29 PM »

Oh yeah, Iris folding! I've been dying to do that, but I really need to get a paper cutter.  I'd feel better about it with properly cut paper, thanks for the reminder on that.

And huzzah for hippies.  I'll do that with one of the bottles. 

Thanks again Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lelila
geek.

nerd love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007 09:33:30 PM »

I know how to work the soap!

An ice-cube tray will work fine.  You just coat the inside of it with petroleum jelly first!  There should be directions for melting and pouring the soap on the container.  Did you say it's already scented?  You can add color to the liquid soap once it comes out of the microwave, just stir it in.  About one drop per square chunk of soap you took from the package.  Then just pour it in the greased down ice cube trays and let it sit for a while.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will private swap for handspun yarn!

My wists.

KER+ Exp+ SPM+(+) Bam++@ Syn+@ Wool+(+)@ Stash++ Scale- Fin--  Ent+ Tex++ Lace++ Int-@ Flat++ Circ+(-) DPN+ !Swatch-- FO+ WIP++ W+@ ALTSw(++)
WitchCatXeen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007 12:15:22 AM »

Lelita - totally rockin! Thanks for the handy tip!

Actually it isn't really scented, per say.  IT has a smell but I think its supposed to have something added to it.  I'd really like to add something nice smelling to it, but I don't have any oils and nowhere I know of in my town to get any. 

I think my house mate may have some lavender, though.  Hmmm... maybe I can try grinding some of it to a fine powder?

Thanks again! I would have never guessed greasing it up Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lelila
geek.

nerd love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007 12:04:39 PM »

I don't see why that wouldn't work.  Just play with it!  You can find some pretty neat recipies if you search around a bit... check the soapmaking part of Craftster, maybe.  You might have a lot of stuff sitting around that you could put in!  I know I've heard of some kind of oatmean soap before...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will private swap for handspun yarn!

My wists.

KER+ Exp+ SPM+(+) Bam++@ Syn+@ Wool+(+)@ Stash++ Scale- Fin--  Ent+ Tex++ Lace++ Int-@ Flat++ Circ+(-) DPN+ !Swatch-- FO+ WIP++ W+@ ALTSw(++)
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sneak Peek: Birchbox July 2014
5 Must-Have Waterproof Makeup Products
What Products to Use and Avoid When You Have Sunburn
Our Favorite Picks for Cruelty Free Beauty Products
The Spoon Facial: Does It Work or Is It a Joke?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...