A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,724
Currently Running With Scissors:
455 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Our board is dead!  (Read 14778 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

misplacedhippie
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2007 08:21:49 PM »

$60 - that includes roving and use of spindle (might get to keep i dont know)  I was wondering if there was an interest before I asked any more questions.  I am not going alone, well I would go if the lady wasnt making a special trip for the class - just for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/misplacedhippie

Desperately seeking Beatles Fabric (found at some walmarts).  Will trade/send money/ Send Elvis Fabric (what my walmart has). PM me! Please!
Marys Madness
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2007 04:28:54 PM »

Hey there!  I am in Texas, but West Virginia is also home to me.  My mom grew up in Philippi.  My grandpa owned the house across the street from Alderson Broaddus college.  I love WV. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

dcoyote
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2008 03:14:03 PM »

I'm Amber. I've lived in Glenville for over a decade, but I'm originally from Florida. I'm going to GSC next year so my parents won't kick me out for being lazy, but I wanted to stay so I could see my baby brother's first steps and hear his first words. I'm also part Filipino. I feel like a rarity around here. It's a little nice being slightly differant, even if it really isn't much.
My favorite craft is jewelry making. I would like expand out of simple class beads though. I like working with seed beads the most.I'm currently working on a seed bead embroidered picture of fruit in unusual colors and a stained glass piece for school. It isn't going so well, but I've enjoyed it. I really wish I could do a lot of crafts, but I lack the knowledge and money. I would like to learn make lampwork beads and fuse glass. I think what I want to learn most is to carve gemstones.
I just happened upon Craftster when I was looking online for stuffed animal patterns to make for my baby sister I ended up just making her a little felt star shaped cookie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nightal1031
« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2008 05:36:13 PM »

Hi Smiley I'm Allender, and I'm from Lewisburg, Greenbrier County. It seems like everyone is from the Huntington area, but that's probably because you all got on Craftster through your SnB. (Which I'm so jealous of!!!) I'm a freshman in Architecture at Clemson University (in SC) so I'm REALLY missing the mountains!!! I have a lot of friends at WVU and at Marshall, so I almost feel like I go there, too. I volunteer/teach classes at the local Carnegie Hall, which has a kid's art daycamp in July, which was the real inspiration for my future craftiness as a teenager/semi adult. The camp is really awesome, anyone living near Lewisburg with kids or anyone who would like to get their kids to learn to build instruments/throw clay/decopage/act/dance/make puppets/spin yarn/weave/knit... i can go on... its really amazing, theres a little of everything. I went to the camp when I was younger, so I am pretty well rounded in my understanding of a lot of different things (though by far not a master in some places). My favorite things to do are draw, paint, and do paper crafts. I really want to get into doing ATCs more, and I've just started teaching myself to knit... I can't do much more than a square (but I can knit lace and things), and I don't know anyone who knits, really, so its a work in progress.
Right now, I'm in the middle of knitting a blanket for my boyfriend (who is at home in Lewisburg, but probably transferring to Bluefield State next year)... but its been put on hold (it was supposed to be a Christmas present), because my Architecture projects have taken over my life.
I really, really wish I could make jewelry and do metalworking, I've always wanted to weld. Also, I have done spinning before, and I would love to get into that again. My grandmother did needlepoint, so that is on my wishlist along with tatting. I always love to learn new things.
I found craftster... I think on another message board. I really have no idea how or when, but I know that I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Procrastinators unite!!!
...tomorrow
YumJello01

Cats make for furry crafts

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2008 10:28:18 AM »

Lewisburg is awesome, Allender.  I have a friend who goes to the DO school there.  Be-a-utiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for book page paper flowers for my sister's wedding!  Will do personal swaps/swaps for supplies (available listed here) Thanks!

http://pinterest.com/yumjello01/
SpingDingin
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2008 08:27:41 PM »

My name is Erin and I too attend WVU! I'm a junior civil engineering major and am the treasurer of the WVU chapter of the American Society of Civil Engineers.  I'm originally from St. Albans, WV though.  I love making old crappy furniture into something cool.  I actually just finished my desk today that I'm going to use in my house that I move into in May!  I also dabble in tshirt reconstuction, crocheting, and just really whatever I find interesting at the time.  I tend to get excited about new crafts and then take on too much at once and not finish anything! I wish I knew how to do all of this fun resin stuff, especially that beer cap table.  I enjoy drinking and I enjoy crafting, so this would bring 2 of my favorite hobbies together!  I do believe that is going to be my next project.  I think I found Craftster from the livejournal community tshirt_surgery or something like that. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
DearBluebird

Lover of zombies, star wars and all things nerdy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2008 11:47:41 AM »

I am new to craftster.
My name is Jennifer and I live in Hurricane.
I am a stay at home/homeschooling mom of two young boys who are 3 and 8.
I do embroidery, quilting, scrapbooking, make cloth dolls, baby items like bibs and burpees, clothes for myself and boys. I have a serious craft addiction and find several new things I want to try each week. I would love to learn rug hooking and how to make braided rugs (they are on my list).
I am currently working on about a million different projects including a cloth flapper doll, a kitschy kitchen wall hanging, an embroidered pillow, a dress for me and a wall hanging for my mother.
I would love to meet some other crafters from the Putnam/Kanawha county areas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

misplacedhippie
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2008 05:21:21 PM »

i know its up the road a bit, but there is a Stitch and Bitch every thursday at 6, at the Java Joint in Huntington. we love new people!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/misplacedhippie

Desperately seeking Beatles Fabric (found at some walmarts).  Will trade/send money/ Send Elvis Fabric (what my walmart has). PM me! Please!
DearBluebird

Lover of zombies, star wars and all things nerdy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2008 06:18:26 AM »

Great. I'll have to keep that in mind. Thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mellie_05
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2008 01:32:16 PM »

Ok, my turn!

Name : Melanie

Location : current - Keyser, WV (Mineral County) but I grew up in Reader, WV (Wetzel County)

Somethings about yourself : Ok, well I'm 21 years old. I have 3 Associate's Degrees from Potomac State College here in Keyser. I graduated in 2007 with one, and in 2008 with the other two. The degrees are in: Horticulture, Agronomy (soils, for those who don't know), and Agricultural Resource Management. So yeah, I am a farm kid. Smiley

Favorite kind of craft to do: I do a lot of random stuff. I knit a little, crochet a little, paint and sketch some, and i'm slowly starting to get into sewing. I would love to learn to sew more in depth stuff, but I'm scared. Ha ha! Smiley

Craft currently working on: I'm making my first set of pajama pants for the boyfriend for his birthday. I never have before, and i'm praying they come out alright!

Craft you wish you knew how to do: sew better stuff. But there are a lot of projects I think are cool, but I'm a little intimidated about them! Smiley

How did you find Craftster? Umm, not really sure. I was in high school at the time, and i probably just happened upon it.

And I think that that's about it! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

So what makes you happy.
Be with who makes you smile.
Laugh as much as you breathe.
Love as long as you live.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Curling the Hair - Beyoncé Knowles
Sectioning the Hair - Beyoncé Knowles
Celebrity Hairstyles - Beyoncé Knowles
Finishing the Jessica Simpson Style
Spraying and Curling the Hair - Jessica Simpson
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...