A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,599
Currently Running With Scissors:
686 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Our board is dead!  (Read 14136 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dearestinez
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007 10:31:58 AM »

I hope everything works out with your store! I never go to Charleston though, so I won't get to visit it  Sad

thanks lady. i hope so to.  i am in the very early stages of planning.  so hopefully i can get the numbers crunched and make it work on paper.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dearest inez loves you
http://www.dearestinez.com/
annspants

i wanna be a pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007 10:59:04 AM »

my name is erin and i am 26.  i live in st. albans with my hus, cat and turtle and i have been knitting for 4 years.  i taught myself how to crochet last spring, but knitting will always be my #1.  i have about 5 projects going on right now. 
i am kinda digging the idea of a stitch n bitch, and h-town really isn't an unreasonable drive for me.  it also seems like the more people i talk to the more knitters or people who want to learn to knit i meet, so i could bring some folks as well.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindseyloo
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007 02:28:54 PM »

Hey, I'm Lindsey, and I'm 20. I'm originally from Parkersburg, then I moved to Ritchie County, and now I live in Morgantown with my husband and our two cats.  I'm graduating from WVU in May.  Grin

As for crafts, I like just about everything: sewing, stenciling, jewelry making, crocheting, painting, drawing...it's all great.  And I'm currently trying to learn how to knit, but it's going slowly!  Cheesy

I just found craftster a few weeks ago, and I am addicted.  I've gotten so much inspiration from this site, and I've been crafting like crazy!  It's good to see there are people from my area on the site. 

Happy crafting! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AModernMantra
Sprrrriiiing!

Oh, hai, I upgraded your leaf.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007 05:19:05 PM »

I'm Michelle, 25, and am the most diehard hooker of the Huntington SnB. I keep making half-assed attempts at knitting, but truthfully -- I will crochet amigurumi cuteness until an autopsy shows it as my cause of death, and KnitOrMiss & Kpuppy will have to pry my hook from my cold hands.  Grin And if you can laugh at my terrible humor, please definitely come to our SnB! All sorts of craftyness are welcome, and if you want to learn to knit, Mandy is a fantastic teacher.

I do a lot of other random crafts, but lately it's been all about finishing sixteen little turtles for the sweat shop swap and several private swaps. I wish I had more time and materials to do ATCs and altered books.

I found Craftster quite some time ago, and don't remember how. I think it was through searching for a pattern. Now I convince everyone in our SnB to join! My swap packages lured them.

For those in Morgantown, there is a SnB there! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/morgantownknits/ I joined it awhile ago with the intention of suggesting some kind of craft swap between the SnB groups. Never did get around to that. :-D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

43 Things | Wists

I <3 personal swaps!
YumJello01

Cats make for furry crafts

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2007 01:08:10 AM »

'Ello 'ello, my name is Jessica and I'm in Huntington.  I go to Marshall for Marketing/Management and I'm graduating this May.  I wanna get a job at a record label and promote bands for the rest of my life.  My favorite kind of craft to do...honestly, I don't know.  Right now I'm finishing the strap of a bag I've knitted...really, it started off as my first knitting project...I cast on about 47 stitches on US10 needles with crappy Hart yarn...needless to say it's too thick for a scarf, so when I went to my first SnB meeting, we talked a bit about what it should be...a table runner was mentioned, but then as I was talking and knitting for the first time in 2 years (I dropped the craft and didn't pick it up until my friend Kpuppy talked me into coming to the group) I doubled up a few stitches and wound up with a little bump so we decided to turn it into a bag, with those bad sides sewn in.  It's slow going.  I get all tense and tired of knitting after a while, my friend says it's because of the small needles and big project, I'm not seeing a lot of progress.  I made a button hole a few weeks ago and then bound off for the first time shortly after.  I've finished the button flap and now I'm running to the end of my yarn with the strap.  I found a great paisley in the same colors as the yarn (it's one of those multi colored makes splotchies yarns in fally colors) so once I finish the strap, I'm on someone's sewing machine lining it and putting it together and voila!  My very own knit knitting bag.
Really I like to paint and doodle and I want to get into ATCs SOOOO bad. 
I wish I knew how to crochet because all of the good patterns seem to be crochet.  Really I just wish I were more creative in general.  I have problems coming up with ideas if I don't have any parameters.

Crafster.org and I started banging it out when I finally couldn't put up with hearing about how darn cool it was from AModernMantra and KPuppy.  And all the really sweet ass swap stuff they were making/getting.  Can't wait til my month's up so I can start swapping!  This here is post #10.  Check.  March 8th, approach quickly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for book page paper flowers for my sister's wedding!  Will do personal swaps/swaps for supplies (available listed here) Thanks!

http://pinterest.com/yumjello01/
Kpuppy
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2007 03:08:26 PM »

Hey! My name is Kristy, and I see that my lovelies above me have already given you a bit of an intro to me. Smiley

I attend the Huntington SNB, also (along with AModernMantra, YumJello01, and KnitorMiss), and I love, love, love to knit. Right now, I'm working on the Central Park Hoodie from the Fall Knitscene magazine. Here are my finished sleeve and partial left front panel:

This is a really interesting knit (cables really break up the miles of stockinette), and it seems to be going quickly. Unfortunately, this weekend is consumed with knits and other crafts for some swaps, but then I'm back to work on it.

Ok, I just realized that I am not answering the questions!!

Name: Kristy
Location: Huntington, by way of Pittsburgh (I'm a grad student at Marshall)

Things about you: I have two cats, I love my little apartment in Huntington, I miss Pittsburgh.
Favorite kind of craft to do: Knit and crochet.
Current project: see rambling above
Things I wish I could do: jewlery making, and the amazing stuff that KnitorMiss does with polymer clay! Both just baffle me.

Great to meet all of you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kpuppy
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2007 03:12:46 PM »

my name is erin and i am 26.  i live in st. albans with my hus, cat and turtle and i have been knitting for 4 years.  i taught myself how to crochet last spring, but knitting will always be my #1.  i have about 5 projects going on right now. 
i am kinda digging the idea of a stitch n bitch, and h-town really isn't an unreasonable drive for me.  it also seems like the more people i talk to the more knitters or people who want to learn to knit i meet, so i could bring some folks as well.

Oh, you MUST come down, at least once! We are a great group. I know that there is also a group in Charleston, but I don't think it is a very..ahem..young group. No offense to the more mature ladies, but we SNB'ers in H-ton range from around 18-27. We only meet once a week, and I know that it will be a bit of a hike, but I PROMISE it is worth it.

We meet at the Java Joint, 6pm (corner of 3rd ave and hal greer) on Thursday evenings. I HOPE YOU COME! and bring your friends

THIS ROCKS   Logged

funkyhooker
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2007 04:11:07 PM »

AWWW! I wish I could get away on Thurs. eves!   But Ya'lled be totally annoyed at my obnoxious homeschooled boys (they are,,,, uhhh,,, precocious  Shocked ) and I'm rarely blessed with a sitter.    I'd love to come sometime tho as our group of ladies (super nice pleasant very skilled and generous) is average age 55 and they get very uncomfortable upon me and one other (30 somethin') girl discussing why the OZZY song on her cell phone it the greatest or why Captain Morgan and Shrimp isn't a good combo!  They are sweet but a little uptight.  I find my fat 35yo butt in no man's land.  Too old to be cool and too young to be a grandma.  If anyone else is looking for a group or ANOTHER group, we'd love to have you at ours at ACMoore on the 3rd Sunday of each month at 2-4.  I SO wish we could expand our member base.  Get some fresh blood in there.  We are very charity oriented.  We gave away over 500 chemo/nic-u/shelter hats last year and have done inumerable  warm- up America afghans.  ACMoore is all the time giving us free stuff too which is SWEET.
I'm going to try and make it one thur. eve if ya'll have me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wist! http://www.wists.com/savagerabbit

-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
K E R Exp+ SPM Wood+ Bamboo ++ Steel+++ Baa+++ Syn-- Nov Lux+ @ Stash+++ Scale+ Fin Ent- FI- Int- Tex+ Lace-- Felt++  Flat Circ+ DPN+++ ML-- Swatch-- KIP+++ Blog SNB+++ EZ? FO? WIP3 F-- DK++ ALT Cr X Sw  
-----
funkyhooker
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2007 04:17:46 PM »

oops,, didn't fill out the questions!
Name - Crystal
Location Barboursville side of Huntington
Some things about yourself I'm a long time crafter, married 15years, 2 boys (10 and 7) Homeschool mom
Favorite kind of craft to do - needle craft (knit and crochet equally)
Craft currently working on - LadyE
Craft you wish you knew how to do - Jewelry making
How did you find Craftster? I'm constantly amazed that people DON'T find craftster!  I mean everytime you search for something, one of the Craftster message boards come up.  I don't recall our first chance encounter tho!
Anything else? Nope
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wist! http://www.wists.com/savagerabbit

-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
K E R Exp+ SPM Wood+ Bamboo ++ Steel+++ Baa+++ Syn-- Nov Lux+ @ Stash+++ Scale+ Fin Ent- FI- Int- Tex+ Lace-- Felt++  Flat Circ+ DPN+++ ML-- Swatch-- KIP+++ Blog SNB+++ EZ? FO? WIP3 F-- DK++ ALT Cr X Sw  
-----
annspants

i wanna be a pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007 09:18:35 AM »

Oh, you MUST come down, at least once! We are a great group. I know that there is also a group in Charleston, but I don't think it is a very..ahem..young group. No offense to the more mature ladies, but we SNB'ers in H-ton range from around 18-27. We only meet once a week, and I know that it will be a bit of a hike, but I PROMISE it is worth it.

I was planning on coming down last Thursday, but I got a nasty cold instead.  I figured I should just stay at home.
I am going to try to make it this week for sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
13 Items Under $100 to Complete Your Fall Wardrobe
5 Ways To Wear Leather Shorts For Fall
Le Bon Marché: Inside the Birthplace of Shopping
Chanel Spring 2014 RTW Runway Show: Celebrity Sightings at PFW 2014
Kim and Kanye Get Custom Designer Clothes For North
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...