A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,656
Currently Running With Scissors:
539 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Design Your Own Bag--along!  (Read 17422 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

eatyerhartout
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2007 10:53:25 AM »

The cell phone purse sounds great Michela!!

And so does the hobo bag Tinybits! Are you thinking of a round shape like most slouchy bags or something a little different? You mentioned that the bulky weight isn't working out. Maybe you could try using two thinner worsteds held together. Caron Simply Soft works well with a size 9 when knit this way. Kinda tight yet still stretchy.

My newest bag-in-the-works: well...it's still in the works. lol. I'm thinking of using a valentine cable like on this cream colored journal cover: http://www.e-patternscentral.com/detail.html?prod_id=1744. You can't see it very well in the pic, but it's actually quite pretty. I'll be using a pale blue worsted weight most likely. Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like to do personal swaps now and again.

I knit, crochet, and make stitch markers.

Just pm me if you wanna swap. Smiley
knittyknitter

Help!!! There are UFO's everywhere in my room!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2007 11:35:21 AM »

Yay! We have another designer! Welcome Tinybits!

Michela-- Those colors sound awesome! This may sound weird, but there was this bottle of shower gel that had those hot colors in flowers and leaves, and it really inspired me to want to do my (wedding) reception theme in those colors. Lol. You had to see it. It also had hot orange too, but I really liked the hot shade of pink and lime green. I can't wait to see what you can whip up for you phone.

eatyerhartout--that heart pattern looks awesome. I love cables. Journal/book covers seems like an new and innovative idea. I've never seen it done. I mean, i've seen knit bookmarks, but i never seen book covers. How do you get it to say on the book? I can't wait to see your progress/finished product!

I've put a hold on the clutch, because i have to finish my first sweater that i started a week or so ago... and it's soo close to being done. Then, i'll start something new.  Grin  I'm guessing it wont take more than a couple of days, tops.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting Blogger, designer, piano teacher, music composer, singer & mother to 3yr old twins!
>>Blog: www.knitting-up-a-storm.blogspot.com 
>>Ravelry ID: Knittyknitter
>>Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/652480628149920/#
>>KUAS Podcasts: http://www.youtube.com/user/knittingupastorm
007lucious_lips
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2007 11:59:50 AM »

Is it too late to join in? If not then Hi! I am brandon and I love knitting and thought this would be a fast/fun/easier knit-a-long. I recently ventured into A.C.Moore for the first time, it's the only other craftstore besides walmart that is close to me...and when I say close I mean 1 1/2 hours away! But anyways, they had an ALL YARN 25% off sale and I went over board. I bought some Landscapes in the Raspberry Patch colorway, some moonlight mohair and some Caron Simply Soft Shadows in a green colorway. I am going to make my bag in the Caron and I am using a cabled pattern from the book - Knitting With Balls (very funny and practical) I am also going to use circs so yea I am happy to be here and should have progress pictures later today or tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you're happy and you know it say a swear; Boobs, Hiney, MITTENS!

Check out the blog for my photography and crafts...and don't forget silly high school drama Cheesy
                     <3Brandonlicious
Michela
Hi, I'm Confused. And you are?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2007 01:03:07 PM »

I loved the lime and green phone purse so much that I couldnt stop at a little tiny bag so I kept on knitting and made a sunglass case. Its pretty and I love it. But that meant my cell phone was cold! So i made a phone purse with the same hot pinkyarn but I used fun fur near the top to make it fuzzy.  Pardon the crappy photo quality. I used said cell phone to take the pictures.

Here's the sunglass case sans sunglasses.

And here it is with le super awesome sunglasses. The colours don't show up very well unfortunatly.

front on, not very creative angle of the fuzzy cell purse.

more interesting view of the fuzzy cell purse. Notice the large pile of laundry in the upper right that I neglected in order to knit both these projects.

Is it too late to join in? If not then Hi! I am brandon and I love knitting and thought this would be a fast/fun/easier knit-a-long. I recently ventured into A.C.Moore for the first time, it's the only other craftstore besides walmart that is close to me...and when I say close I mean 1 1/2 hours away! But anyways, they had an ALL YARN 25% off sale and I went over board. I bought some Landscapes in the Raspberry Patch colorway, some moonlight mohair and some Caron Simply Soft Shadows in a green colorway. I am going to make my bag in the Caron and I am using a cabled pattern from the book - Knitting With Balls (very funny and practical) I am also going to use circs so yea I am happy to be here and should have progress pictures later today or tomorrow.

Welcome! I look forward to seeing what you come up with! I love that brand of yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft so I can avoid reality.....
My wist
knittyknitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2007 01:19:43 PM »

Of course you can join!!  Grin  This is open to anyone, anytime! WELCOME 007lucious_lips!!

p.s, Michela-- Your tiny cases/bags are soo cute!!  Wink I really like the furry ones!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting Blogger, designer, piano teacher, music composer, singer & mother to 3yr old twins!
knittyknitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2007 01:36:03 PM »

Here's some photos of bags/purses that I made around 2 months ago, that have and haven't been finished:

Mini Purses

Finished, and awaits that mini wallet above that matches

Not quite sure what i'm going to do with this, yet
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010 01:51:17 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Michela

« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2007 01:38:26 PM »

Your tiny cases/bags are soo cute!!   I really like the furry ones!

Thanks! I think I'm going to make a ton of them and give them out for birthdays this year. I don't give birthday cards, instead I attach a small hand made present. These are prefect cause they knit up super quick! This one took about an hour from cast on to seam up and since its done in one pieace and its knit with DPNs all I had to do was seam the bottom and sew on a button! I love making lazymans patterns lol

Those bags are gorgous! I bow to your knitting ability!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist
knittyknitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2007 02:00:54 PM »

Sorry everyone if this takes a while to load, I thought the pics would be smaller, since they were taken on the smallest setting.   Shocked

Obviously, I have nothing better to do on my day off than post a million times today on this thread. Hee hee.  Cheesy I'm such a nerd.

Michela--they must be very lucky to receive a knitted gift. lol. No one has ever knit for me. All of those purses are super easy. They have a simple, short and sweet pattern.

Eatyerhartout--I found this pattern in my Vogue cable book:

I looks almost like the one you showed me. I really love it. It makes me wanna use that for something.

Here are some other interesting pattern samples that i'm considering using:

« Last Edit: March 03, 2010 01:46:56 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Michela

« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2007 02:12:49 PM »

you're making me want to learn how to cable....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist
knittyknitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2007 02:14:55 PM »

Do-it, Do-it, Do-it!!  Wink
It really isn't as hard as people think. You just slide a couple stitches onto a small little cable needle, hold them in front or back of your work for a couple seconds, and then knit them. Then, Voila-- it makes your knitted work look awesome. I can help you if you want, when you decide to try them out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Right Way to Use a Beautyblender Sponge
Clean and Clear Skin Products for Every Skin Type
Best Hair Products And Spray Tan Tips
Is Cheap Makeup as Good as Expensive Makeup?
Protecting Yourself from the Sun
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...