A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,544
Currently Running With Scissors:
709 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty But Stupid: YOUR CRAFT RELATED INJURIES HERE!  (Read 207604 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

JLVerde
« Reply #1430 on: March 23, 2012 11:30:31 AM »

This is one of my dumbest injuries (my pride was injured more than my body).

I was sewing away at my table when my needle slipped from my hand.  I bent to retrieve it from the floor and on the way down, whacked my head on a nearby dining chair.  Of course, my spouse saw and enjoyed every minute (especially the loud hollow clunking sound of my skull contacting wood).  To make it worse, I was laughing so hard I hit my head again on the edge of the table (as I was coming back up from retrieving the needle).

My spouse said I should craft wearing a helmet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissSkellington
« Reply #1431 on: May 09, 2012 07:34:12 PM »

The first time I tried punch needle I gave myself a deep stab wound in the index finger with the tool that nearly hemorrhaged and made that finger unusable for quite awhile. Incidentally, that was also the last time I tried punch needle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pottermouth
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1432 on: May 14, 2012 07:46:08 PM »

So many to share. The best one was Christmas Eve, several years ago, while building a dollhouse. I bent over to join the floor to the side of the house when my long hair got caught in the power drill and it twirled around till the drill was at my ear. The injury came when I was attempting to remove my hair and accidentally ripped my earring out. Luckily, the blood lubed the drill and I only had to scissor a couple inches of hair off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FireflyMama
« Reply #1433 on: May 15, 2012 10:49:57 AM »

I am quite accident-prone. Mostly I hot glue myself to things which I tend to do so well that the pain lingers for a few days. I also spear myself unmercifully with sewing needles, even dull embroidery ones, to the point where sometimes I draw blood.

I was so absorbed in a painting that I accidentally painted a blue spot on the side of my head when I scratched it with the wrong end of the brush.

The most memorable incident and the most painful was in middle school though. I didn't have a proper desk lamp, so I stripped the shade off a table lamp to have more light. I reached over the top of it to grab something, and my forearm touched the bulb which had been on for more than an hour. It was so hot that I couldn't feel the pain for a few seconds and I seared a perfectly round 2" spot onto my dominant arm. It turned a dark purplish-brown color and made it nearly impossible to do anything right-handed for over a month. It managed to heal completely though and I don't have even the tiniest sign of it now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I enjoying making a bit of everything, but I am especially fond of sewing, drawing and papercrafts. My attempts at crocheting and knitting are hilarious, as in, "My what a fine earthworm scarf you've got there." o_O
Pottersprincess
« Reply #1434 on: May 19, 2012 03:31:38 PM »

I just learned stamp carving hurts. I have four band-aids on, and I'm not even done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mrsflibble

will work for yarn

View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: June 14, 2012 01:15:15 PM »

I trapped my hand under the cover of my sewing machine earlier. I'm not sure how, but as it's an embroidery machine and the arm is stored in the case, it was heavy and I couldn't lift it back up one handed so had to ask my six year old to help lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

« Reply #1436 on: November 28, 2012 09:54:08 PM »

There was screaming, cold water, and a bag of frozen peas after that.

Putting ice on a burn is a terrible idea. It makes burns worse: a first degree becomes a second degree and so on. I know this because my older brother was burned over 70% of his body some years ago. When my mom dialed 9-1-1, the operator told my mom to put him in an ice bath. My mom ignored this advice and washed the burns with cool water then wrapped him in a sheet soaked in cold water. The doctors later told my mom that if she had listened to the idiot operator, my brother's burns would have been MUCH worse.
So I reiterate: DO NOT put ice on a burn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

« Reply #1437 on: November 28, 2012 10:08:33 PM »

Last year I decided to make turtles for Christmas.
The recipe involved making your own caramel which you would then spoon over the pecan pairs.
I love being barefoot, even when it's cold.
You can all see where this is going, right?
I somehow managed to drip hot caramel onto the top of my left foot and even got some on my right hand. Of course, brilliant thing that I am, I decided to lick the caramel off my hand and burned my tongue too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DancinInTheDark
Klutzy Paparazzi! ;]

Yeah, Train rocks. Best band ever!

View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: June 28, 2013 02:34:36 PM »

Okay, here's my contribution. It involves an Xacto knife, bottlecaps, and me being mentally MIA.

I don't know what possessed me to do this, but a few months ago I wanted to make something awesome with bottlecaps. I had seen online that someone had successfully used an Xacto to remove that pesky liner from their caps. So I went to town with the knife, and it slipped, cutting the middle finger on my right hand. That cut bled like crazy for about 5 minutes! I panicked and then it dawned on me to hold it above my heart and apply pressure to get it to stop. I almost fainted and I had a nasty looking cut for about 2 weeks. Now I have a scar to remind me to be careful in the future.

I still feel ridiculous about that accident.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Me + Craftster = LOVE. Wink
Hey soul sister, ain't that Mister Mister playin' on the stereo, radio? -Train
http://prodegebanners.sitegrip.com/images/swagbucks-173x63Alt1.jpg
FreakieGeekie

« Reply #1439 on: June 28, 2013 10:10:51 PM »

Yikes! I know your pain, DancinInTheDark. I have a cut on the pad of my right thumb right now from an Xacto knife. I've been using them for years but at least once a year, I slice myself good.

And just a minute ago, I hot glued my left index finger to a project I'm working on. It was a HIGH heat glue burn too. The good thing is I managed to glue it to part of my nail. My nail is still intact, thankfully, but it's very red on the edge where the glue made contact.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Home Remedies For Hair
Modelinia Fashion Week TV Swim Edition: Episode 1
How to Style Your Hair Like a Movie Star
Herbal Conditioning Mixtures for Sparkling Hair
How to Create an Up-Do with Pin Curls
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...