A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,634
Currently Running With Scissors:
482 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 146
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty But Stupid: YOUR CRAFT RELATED INJURIES HERE!  (Read 199385 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lozzieozzie

CAUTION!! Crazy cat lady approaching!!

View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: August 08, 2010 08:06:51 AM »

lol!!
I don't feel quite so stupid now!!

my friend says I'm a danger to myself (think she's right tbh!), so I really shouldn't craft, I suppose.

Worst (or most shameful) injury is probably when I sliced my finger OPENING my new rotary cutter!! Yes, i wasn't even using it!

Starting to think she was right when she said I couldn't be trusted to have on!!!!

Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You're about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest
Rowan Atkinson
crafty01_87

I make awesome stuff.

View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: September 18, 2010 04:54:04 PM »

I was taking a rubber logo off of a trapperkeeper/binder thing I had (it was sewn on), and I ended up with a seam ripper through my finger. *OUCH*!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is not being afraid to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." -Scott Adams
lissablair

I like my coffee like I like my men: pale & bitter

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1412 on: September 28, 2010 06:59:50 PM »

So this story happened not too long after my husband and I first started dating.  He has a blowgun, and he needed me to make some new darts for it, since the cord wrapping had come off the original ones, and were starting to wobble funny when he used them.  So after I finished making the darts, I thought that I'd test it out by shooting at a stuffed animal sitting on a chair.  No harm, right?  I mean, it's not like they were even very sharp, right?  Well, apparently they were just sharp enough.  I managed to hit him just in the right spot that it stuck in his knee (he was sitting in a nearby chair playing video games at the time) The whole time he was pulling it out with pliers he was dying with laughter.  To this day he hasn't let me live that one down.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is nothing on earth more entertaining than watching a pack of half-grown puppies playing in snow for the very first time.

http://www.wists.com/lissablair
nougatgee
« Reply #1413 on: October 07, 2010 09:11:15 AM »

LOL!!

i've had more than my fair share of pricks, nicks, cuts,  burns ....but  nothing anywhere near as amusing as the incidents on this thread.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010 08:37:19 PM by nougatgee » THIS ROCKS   Logged
beki710

Partly confused all of the time...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1414 on: October 14, 2010 08:35:21 AM »

I just managed to slice my finger open on a blunt piece of wire. Yes Blunt, I'm not sure how I managed that.
I once tried to prove that a piece of jewellery that I was in the process of making wasn't sharp by running over the palm of my hand. Turns out it was and I couldn't craft until it had healed. (I did sand the piece down before wearing it eventually!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty01_87

I make awesome stuff.

View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: October 26, 2010 04:46:58 PM »

I just yesterday got an interesting craft injury. I had soldered a bunch of jump rings and was using my round nose pliers to stretch them into ovals, but a couple of the rings weren't soldered well, so when I pulled them open they broke. When they broke I ended up stabbing myself in the thumbs will the tips of the pliers, which are a lot sharper than they seem. So now I have punctures in both of my thumbs.
2 hours later I was in my ceramics class, and the grit in the clay really hurt when it got in the holes in my thumbs.
:-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is not being afraid to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." -Scott Adams
deadforest
« Reply #1416 on: January 31, 2011 08:52:59 PM »

I feel so lucky now. I just took part of my fingertip off with airplane snips (for wire-work) and rammed a needle half under my nail. I got it from my mom. She was sewing on her wedding dress and put a sewing machine needle completely through her finger a week before the wedding.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BeccaJaneStClair
Follow the Butterflies....

I'd rather swing on the moon than a star.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1417 on: February 01, 2011 01:43:27 PM »

A necklace I bought at a charity shop fell apart.  The pendant of it is just a large, smooth, green stone that was glued to a metal back with a loop to put it on a chain.  The stone fell off, so I asked my husband for the superglue.  He said not to use superglue, but to use one of his fancy glues he uses on his model railway stuff.  So...okay, fine.  We're out in the workshop and he thought it would be a brilliant idea to use a stanley knife to try to scrape off the old glue.  You can only imagine what happened next...

Blood gushed out of his finger tip.  So gross. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(formerly AnnaOnTheMoon)

http://blog.beccajanestclair.com ~ http://annaonthemoon.livejournal.com ~  http://www.wists.com/annaonthemoon  ~ http://pinterest.com/annaonthemoon
betwixting
« Reply #1418 on: February 21, 2011 12:42:37 PM »

When I was new to resin, I put more catalyst in than was called for thinking that it would cure faster and wouldn't be sticky.  I was on my back porch and my daughter was playing nearby in the yard.  She was about four at the time.  Well, the resin starting smoking and hissing and the container started melting and turning shades of green and blue. I started screaming and jumped off the porch (only about 3 steps high) grabbed my daughter and ran to the far end of the yard until the resin stopped hissing.  My daughter was so scared.  She'd been happily playing and then her mother came running at her while screaming and wearing a mask.  I twisted my ankle when I jumped off the porch and it took me at least an hour to calm down my poor girl.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

prairiefire
patchwork princess

Yes, Virginia, Cornflower Blue IS a real color.

View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: June 13, 2011 08:28:35 AM »

so, I started silkscreening on metal at work last night.  MUCH more difficult and finicky than on cloth or paper!  Got frustrated and did a facepalm...and now I have a black handprint on my face.   Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can dance to the morning light
With my feet on fire
--Volbeat
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 146 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Turkey Meatballs
How to Make Bannock Bread
Apple Crumble Recipe
How to Make Sunday Dinner Part 1/3
How to Make Sunday Dinner Part 2/3
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...