A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,910
Currently Running With Scissors:
516 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 147
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty But Stupid: YOUR CRAFT RELATED INJURIES HERE!  (Read 219892 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ScarySockMonster
Loony Lunatic

Me So Scary

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: January 16, 2005 09:01:13 PM »

Half of these are sickening, the other half gruesome... and yet all are hilarious.  Reminds me of the time when my mom had her foot broken by her old possessed sewing machine.  She was sitting at the machine sewing up a shirt, pulled herself away from the machine to look at it, our dogs ran into the room, power cord was pulled, machine tipped, she screamed.
She's also has had several needles go through the webbing of her feet, burns and what not from hot glue.  And tip, think twice when you want to stress yourself out... cooking for a party at the last minute with oil, your bound to stick your hand in it... ending up with third degree burns.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message posting may be confidential, and if you use it in anyway that I do not see fit; you may be hunted for.  Other than that, have a nice day!  Wink
polishedpixie16
« Reply #271 on: January 17, 2005 03:40:14 PM »

ok, so this isn't my story, it's my dad's, but it's still a good one.

My dad is an architect, and while talking with a friend on the deck of his dorm, a girl above him was using an exacto to cut pieces for a model she was making.  Well, when she decided it was time to take a break, she set the exacto down-and didnt cap it. The thing rolled off and stabbed my dad's friend in the leg. oweee!:o

(and that's why i was afraid of xactos until about a year ago haha)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
coke_O_nut

Live to ride, ride to live.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: January 19, 2005 07:13:07 AM »

I was working on a corset for a Christmas outfit, and I was working particularly with the grommits you need to hammer in. I was using a 16 pound hammer, when I thought, "Wouldn't it suck if I hit my finger?" and WHOMPF!!!! Hit it square on the finger nail. I did this back in November, and I still have my bruise under the nail. It's slowly growing out... I'm rather proud of it. It gives me an "exotic" explanation!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
    ~J.R.R. Tolkien
evolution
« Reply #273 on: January 21, 2005 11:55:31 PM »

right so i'm reading these (from the beginning as any good newbie) and i notice something- i actually could fit in here!

my first crafting injury involved superglue and seedbeads...don't ask. i am particulary fond of my brother's art injurt, not so much craft, but he was filming himself and his guitar and ended up with gasoline everywhere and matches... you get the idea... i laughed terribly.

but how many times have i stuck myself sewing? when i was little (5,6) i used to actually sew my fingers together and pretend i was a duck. and once (twice, several times) i stuck it a little too deep and ended up running to my mommy crying.

and more recently, i was superglueing a vase together for a friend, it was very intricate at the top, and when i finished my hands were attached to it.

oh, and my favourite, i was nailing a thingie to my sister's wall, and my brother was holding the nail (because my sister is smart and she wouldn't) and i slammed his hand. not even his finger or thumb, i was like three inches off. yeah, i end up driving my brother to the ETC a lot. hey- in my defence, i didn't break anything that hadn't been broken before. and he was asking for it. letting me use a hammer.
honestly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheesedip

Llama? Hmmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 22, 2005 08:55:36 AM »

Hey everybody... Apologies but this is the funniest thread ever, especially since I am now one of you. I apologise for my bad typing, one of my fingers is out for repairs.. Smiley Yesterday in  Textiles class I was trying to unclog my machine, without switching it off, and I pressed down on the foot by accident. Needle went RIGHT THROUGH my finger TWICE, before staying there as I realised what I had done. So I unwound the needle out of my fingernail, said 'Oh dear', and walked towards the sink. Halfway there I lost quite a lot of my sight and vision and collapsed onto a stool. I think my classmates looked worse than me, they all went various shades of green!

So that is my stupid contribution, enjoy Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."
- G. B. Burgin
Ayame
Psycho Jrocker

Hurry up hurry up wrist cut show

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 22, 2005 10:20:29 AM »

Hey everybody... Apologies but this is the funniest thread ever, especially since I am now one of you. I apologise for my bad typing, one of my fingers is out for repairs.. Smiley Yesterday in  Textiles class I was trying to unclog my machine, without switching it off, and I pressed down on the foot by accident. Needle went RIGHT THROUGH my finger TWICE, before staying there as I realised what I had done. So I unwound the needle out of my fingernail, said 'Oh dear', and walked towards the sink. Halfway there I lost quite a lot of my sight and vision and collapsed onto a stool. I think my classmates looked worse than me, they all went various shades of green!

So that is my stupid contribution, enjoy Smiley
XD Way to endure pain! That must've hurt =\ all of the posts on this must've hurt.... ALOT ^__~
THIS ROCKS   Logged
polishedpixie16
« Reply #276 on: January 23, 2005 03:36:37 PM »

haha oh yeah, there was the time when i was about 5 and thought that sticking my hand in hot glue would be just like sticking it in melted wax....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: January 23, 2005 09:26:08 PM »

haha oh yeah, there was the time when i was about 5 and thought that sticking my hand in hot glue would be just like sticking it in melted wax....
NO!!! O my gosh, wow, that would..suck
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
super geek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"She does it at mealtimes, in the loo..."

KnitWhore

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #278 on: January 25, 2005 05:25:42 PM »

well, i was once sewing at 1 in the morning(don't ask why), and i shoved a needle under my nail ALL THE WAY TO THE BONE.  It hurt like hell(especially comming out)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just  because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have"

I'm back!  Older, wiser, and better at crafting Smiley.
soliloquy

gun plus gun equals bang bang bang

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: January 25, 2005 05:32:58 PM »

i don't remember exactly what i was doing, but for some reason i needed the glue gun. so i asked my mom to hand it to me and she sticks it into my wrist! i had a burn for nearly a month.
and today i stabbed my finger with a double pointed knitting needle. i made them myself and i was in a rush to do it, so they're pointy, and i was even warned to be careful of that by the knitting club leader teacher person friday but today, i just go and stick it in my finger. best part is i wasn't even using it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yesterday you gave your burden a name.
yesterday you gave your burden a face.
but your burden looks an awful lot like her.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 147 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lisa Genova Reveals Her Motto
Greg Gutfeld Talks About Lessons from the Land of Pork Scratchings
An Interview with Dr. Barry Leed
Change Has Come Book Trailer
Venkat Ramaswamy and Francis Gouillart Talk About The Power of Co-Creation
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...