A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,467
Currently Running With Scissors:
473 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 146
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty But Stupid: YOUR CRAFT RELATED INJURIES HERE!  (Read 207339 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

liasews
« Reply #250 on: January 06, 2005 11:22:09 AM »

I've been reading this topic for so long, all of these stories are SO gross!

My story isn't that bad: I was using a glue gun and it had come to the very end of the stick. So I thought, I might as well drain this stick so I can put in a new one. So I proceeded to shoot out all of the glue onto the carpet because I thought I'd be able to peel it off in one big glob once it dried. Not only did I not wait long enough to touch it to peel it off (I literally ended up sticking my finger in half an inch deep of hot glue) but once it really did dry, it absolutely wouldn't come off the carpet. I had to get a scissor out and cut it as close the carpet as I could get, but it's still not completely gone.

Also, I was once sitting on the floor in the same spot (but this was before that whole thing) hot-glueing something and I was distracted by getting it to be perfect. I had put the glue gun on the floor on its side and was fixing the item I was working on. The I needed to reach for something beyond the glue gun and as I crawled to it my thigh hit the tip, I shot up about two feet! I just had a little burn for a few days.

I feel very lucky that nothing bad has happened to me... *knock on wood*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: January 06, 2005 03:59:03 PM »

So I proceeded to shoot out all of the glue onto the carpet because I thought I'd be able to peel it off in one big glob once it dried.
Seriously? Carpet? haha, that made me giggle
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
ambear
if you want me to, i'll cook and sew.

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 07, 2005 05:03:57 PM »

i was using shoe glue to fix a pair of shoes where the sole seperated from the body. the tube was almost empty so i rolled the end up to help it come out and it ripped. so as not to waste any glue,  i wiped the glue that poured out of the slit in the tube with my finger.
excpet, the tube was made of fairly thick metal and was very sharp and i cut a 1 inch cut deep into my index finger.
the cut was deep enough to require stitches but in a more diy fashion, i used more of the glue (from the spout this time!) to glue my finger back together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

je suis riche, mais sans un sous.
http://www.sambaelegua.com/listen.html
Lorin

live fast, die pretty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: January 08, 2005 06:06:14 PM »

I should not be allowed near an iron.

I have this bad habit of reaching around or in front of my iron and burning the inside of my wrists and forarms on the edge of the iron. I've done it like 5 times in four months and have little straight scars up my arms, it looks SO bad -- I look like a angsty teenager with healing cuts on her forwarm Shocked My friends were all teasing me about it, but now they;'ve moved on to making fun of the big burn on my shoulder from when I bent over to pick something up and the IRON FELL ON ME!!  Grin

I can't believe I'm allowed to use a rotary cutter with this reputation...

Holy cow me too
(minus the shoulder... ouch!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

_Lorin
k8thagr8
« Reply #254 on: January 09, 2005 09:23:08 PM »

i just found this site tonight, saw this post and couldn't help myself.

i was knitting this fugly scarf and took it to work with me to work on during lunch.  had to keep the needles in my bag with the points up so i wouldn't lose my work (duh!) and got into my car to drive to work.  the street i live on is curved for rain and all that fun stuff so when you get in, the door closes on ya, unless you reach out and hold it. 

can ya see where this is going?

it started to close on me, so i reached out and grabbed it.  too late...it slammed onto my hand, shoved my arm down and onto my knitting bag (comfortably resting on my shoulder) and i stuck my arm with my knitting needle.  it didn't just pop right (through two layers of clothes, too!!) in and pop right out.  oh no!  it was stuck and i had to pluck the jerk right back outta my arm.

fortunately i missed this huge blue vein that runs right up my arm and points right to the crime scene.  i nailed a muscle though.  ouch. 

i don't really use the knitting bag anymore.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005 11:34:13 PM by k8thagr8 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

what WOULD willie do?
colleenzombie
« Reply #255 on: January 10, 2005 03:21:57 PM »

I have a crafty accident/pet story for you!  I was staying with my future in-laws, and working on a beading project.  I had set it aside, under a plate, for safe-keeping.  Apparently not safe enough...  My sister-in-law noticed her cat kept trying to cough up something, but wasn't getting any relief.  That is when I checked my beading, and noticed the needle was gone.  Damn.   We took the cat to an emergency vet, and they x-rayed it.  We saw the x-ray, with the unmistakeable shape of a needle in its throat.  Somehow the cat had aspirated my needle!  I felt like crap.... Later, I gave the finished beading to my sister-in-law.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lorin

live fast, die pretty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: January 10, 2005 04:52:31 PM »

embarrasingly enough I have sown though the tip of my finger and fingernail with a sewing machine when I was talking to my mother instead of paying attention  Undecided and the needle remained intact
My mom did that on last wedensday, it bled on the floor and looked like ti hurt a lot  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

_Lorin
Tappanga
Stop hatin', start participatin'!

Twinkle twinkle, baby!

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 13, 2005 11:46:41 AM »

So for this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=19998.0 I've been making a boatload of scarves. They average one a day. Yesterday my left forearm started KILLING me. I can't crochet, I can barely type, hell I couldn't even hold a Mtn Dew can earlier. The funny thing was I couldn't figure out why my arm was hurting until I picked up my skein and needle last night and could barely complete one row before I was almost in tears. I'm insane.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.
cheekymamaof2
It doesn't feel like exercise when you're wearing chiffon.

Forget Stitch n Bitch. Nurse n Knit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: January 13, 2005 12:14:45 PM »

I got hurt today. Just to make my woe clear, let me state that I am very coordinated with my hands. I can write elegant script using a computer mouse. I embroidery and crochet, and I even use the tiny steel hooks. I have experience using Xacto knives. I can even remove splinters with needle-nosed tweezers by snaking them into the hole behind the splinter and removing it without any blood or tears.

Knitting, however, is beyond my ken. I was sitting here trying desperatly to learn how to cast on. I looked at the video, looked at my needles, looked at my yarn, looked at the video, and stabbed myself. In the neck. And I jumped because it hurt, and I stabbed myself again. I've got two tiny bruises like a gap-toothed vampire decided I wasn't worth the trouble at the very last minute.

*sigh* I'm going to go crochet myself a nice furry choker to wear for the rest of the week...

Oh man i need to stop reading and drinking coke at the same time...this just made me snarf my drink! *giggles hysterically*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BOYCOTT SEW FAST SEW EASY!
visit www.freetostitchfreetobitch.org
my blogs can be found at livejournal (cheekymama) and blogspot (cheekymamaof2)
Tappanga
Stop hatin', start participatin'!

Twinkle twinkle, baby!

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 13, 2005 02:31:13 PM »

I got hurt today. Just to make my woe clear, let me state that I am very coordinated with my hands. I can write elegant script using a computer mouse. I embroidery and crochet, and I even use the tiny steel hooks. I have experience using Xacto knives. I can even remove splinters with needle-nosed tweezers by snaking them into the hole behind the splinter and removing it without any blood or tears.

Knitting, however, is beyond my ken. I was sitting here trying desperatly to learn how to cast on. I looked at the video, looked at my needles, looked at my yarn, looked at the video, and stabbed myself. In the neck. And I jumped because it hurt, and I stabbed myself again. I've got two tiny bruises like a gap-toothed vampire decided I wasn't worth the trouble at the very last minute.

*sigh* I'm going to go crochet myself a nice furry choker to wear for the rest of the week...

Hahahahahahaha. Sorry. I saw the stabbing coming in the story, just not the location. Hope you're better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 146 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Check and Clean Your Sensor Dust
Learn about the Shutter Speed
Learn about ISO Sensitivity
How to use the Metering Mode - Canon 40D DVD
How to work with shutter Speed
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...