A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 301,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
383 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 147
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty But Stupid: YOUR CRAFT RELATED INJURIES HERE!  (Read 229699 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Elphelba
« Reply #940 on: August 22, 2006 07:05:16 AM »

I haven't had tooo many incidents yet. The two that come to mine though are a bit bizzare.

I was attempting to make candles and I heated the wax up super hot (it was boiling, I don't think you're supposed to do that) and I put some ice in it to get an interesting effect. The wax was so hot it exploded as soon as I put the ice in it. I mean, it literally exploded. There's still wax on the kitchen cieling, that's how bad it was (this was 5 years ago...not that we could peel it off or that it would go anywhere). I had several small 2nd and third degree burns on my hands and arms. Most of the scars are gone now, save a couple of poc marks. I'm lucky my face wasn't in the way. Pain aside, it was pretty funny.

The second involves my sewing machine. I didn't know you were supposed to change needles that often. I got a machine that was 23 years old that had been my grandmother's. It had a needle in it and I decided to just clean the machine and start sewing. Bad idea. The needle nicked a pin in the process of sewing, and instead of bending/breaking the pin or the tip of the needle breaking off, the entire center portion of the needle )it broke in 2 places simultaneously) flew out and became slightly inbedded in the fatty portion of my cheek just below my eye. That one could have been really bad...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stop being so damned positive. Staring at the sun only blinds some one. By only looking at the positive, you miss an entire beautiful world of shadows and colors. Don't be overly negative, be realistic. The world is so much more complex and beautiful that way.
Crazy_dude6662
you know the problem with real life? No theme music.

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 22, 2006 12:13:11 PM »

oh, and i just remembered, i needed a blender to make somthing or other. it was this really thick glass blender, i put some hot water into it to clean it, i picked it up to pour the hot water out, and the thing exploded in my hand. i had some small burns and huts on my hand. l
and water went EVERYWHERE on the floor and counter

just remembered, i made an apple peeler with a razor and some wood and nails (i cant use the peeler we had) anyway, i was slicing the skin off some apples for an apple pie and i wasnt paying attention (i blame my sister for distracting me) and a feel this weird pain, i look down to realise i had just skinned my fingertip. i was so UNBELIVABLY pissed OFF! i had to start AGAIN! that was the worst part. lol. that and you know...the blood on the counter top.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006 01:05:00 PM by Crazy_dude6662 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

christy_cooper
« Reply #942 on: August 22, 2006 03:21:13 PM »

I have a scar on my arm from sanding. Well, it's not quite that simple. I was turning a spindle whorl and I was sanding it, and my arm ran into the tailstock of the lathe (it was a live center, meaning it was TURNING). I yanked my arm away, but some of my skin already came off. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the fibery goodness! http://crazymonkey.etsy.com
milkweed*
Once...there was this kid who...

easy peasy pumkin peasy pumkin pie motherf*ckers

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 22, 2006 08:29:52 PM »

once me and my friend glued our feet to a box because we were bored...and it hurt like crap to peel our feet of when we were done xD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Oh, look at him!" "He's checking out his hair!" "Get off our bus you filthy man." *knock* "'Ello Baybee!"

http://myspace.com/gwuncey
"A TRUE friend stabs you in the front"
iamthe_disco
∙_∙ + ♪ = ♥

She's always making me dream corruptions!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #944 on: August 24, 2006 02:38:38 AM »

Haha.
Well...
I just recently bought a hot glue gun... for 2 dollars at joann's...
and what do i do when i get home?
i turn it on, get out my ribbon and headbands, and BURN MYSELF while gluing a bow into place.
OH, IT HURT. I screamed. Sort of.
Trust me.
Always go for the low-heat glue guns.
Although when i read some of the other posts on here... i feel pretty lucky.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Something about Dan Young and Hayley Williams in my closet.
Crazy_dude6662

View Profile
« Reply #945 on: August 24, 2006 02:19:37 PM »

just now, i aws sawing some wood to make a deckle and mould, the saw skipped and went into my thumb. there are 3 small cuts that only skinned the top layer and a deeper one that is bleedy pretty badly and throbbing/stinging like mad! (and i think i got blood on the saw, but i cant tell because its slightly rusted (too bad i dont get injections...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mikaiyawa

Some things must be believed to be seen. -Einstien

View Profile WWW
« Reply #946 on: August 24, 2006 05:33:05 PM »

are you current on your tetenus shots?  If not go get one.

lockjaw isn't fixable without Massive amounts of pain.

Mieka
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance. - Will Durant
Crazy_dude6662

View Profile
« Reply #947 on: August 25, 2006 03:54:36 AM »

nope, never had a tetnus, or mmr or any injections. the closest i have come to an injection is blood being drawn.
and i dont think my parents would bring me for a tetnus...

besides whats the worst that can happen?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Neophyte282
« Reply #948 on: August 25, 2006 04:54:12 AM »

Ummm, why wouldn't they?? Lock jaw is pretty severe but other bad things can happen! A friend of mine just cut her leg on a piece of rusty metal. It got so bad, she had to go to the hospital 3 times, has intravenous hooked up to her arm and has to walk around it because she has a REALLY bad infection and can possibly get shingles and die. It's really scary right now as her wound is not healing and this happened a few days after she was cut.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crazy_dude6662

View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 25, 2006 05:22:24 AM »

because injections can cause more problems than they fix. eg girl i know got the 3 injections they give as a baby. they injections nearly killed her. she is nearly deaf and blind.

besides, my parents were raised without the injections, and thats how they are raising me, and if i was given a choice, i wouldnt get the injections. too much risk.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 147 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Fab Faux Scarf
How to Crochet Candle Lace Covers
How to Crochet Beanie Hat
How to Crochet Cell Phone Protector
How to Crochet an iPhone Purse
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: TVP Chik'n Nuggets
@Home This Weekend: Colorful Garden Chairs
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Palette Coasters

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...