A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,690
Currently Running With Scissors:
477 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 147
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty But Stupid: YOUR CRAFT RELATED INJURIES HERE!  (Read 255158 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Pottersprincess
« Reply #1400 on: March 29, 2010 11:10:37 AM »

I've burned myself with Glue guns, while melting chocolate, and whenever I iron. I just took up cross stitch and I learned that even a dull needle can hurt if it is stabbed under your fingernail... And whenever I knit I stab myself in the hands and arms, I'm a vicious knitter ^_^.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
N30Nb100d
« Reply #1401 on: March 29, 2010 11:53:29 AM »

I've burned myself with Glue guns, while melting chocolate, and whenever I iron. I just took up cross stitch and I learned that even a dull needle can hurt if it is stabbed under your fingernail... And whenever I knit I stab myself in the hands and arms, I'm a vicious knitter ^_^.

I read that as "burned myself with glue guns while melting chocolate" and tried to figure out how the heck you managed that Cheesy . It made more sense once I noticed the comma.
I think a dull needle might hurt more since it takes more force to break skin than a sharp needle. Kind of like how you're more likely to hurt yourself with a dull knife because you use more force to cut with one. I stab myself with dull pins all the time trying to get them through fabric. You'd think I would just get some sharper pins by now  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ragdoll193
« Reply #1402 on: March 29, 2010 02:18:33 PM »

that' what emery pincushions are for! to make it easier to give yourself minor puncture wounds!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
N30Nb100d
« Reply #1403 on: March 29, 2010 03:01:10 PM »

that' what emery pincushions are for! to make it easier to give yourself minor puncture wounds!

hahaha that's great. I actually have one! it doesn't seem to help because I end up using a different pin cushion all the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DixieMae
queen of candyland

My life is covered in corgi hair and glitter...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1404 on: April 01, 2010 01:53:51 PM »

For those who cut them selves on your exacto knife.  Try the cutter bee It is like a clicky pen so the blade doesnt just hang out if you lose the cap.  Also it has this cool case that holds the blades so you never have to touch the blade to change it.  and no loose blades running sround your craft bins.  I hope this helps you avoid more cutting accidents.  Smiley

http://www.scrapbookingaddiction.com.au/images/Cutter%20Bee%20Retractable%20Knife%20&%205%20Pack%20Of%20Blades%20%20ekckr01.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged

glitter me this...
PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1405 on: April 19, 2010 12:05:26 PM »

I have the crafting wound of a day full of crafting. They include burn marks from my sewing machine (it's ancient), multiple pin pricks, and the worst being I burnt myself on a hair straightener that was about 400F the day before and just as it stopped hurting I reached into my sewing basket and my doll sculpting needle was sticking out and ripped off a large chunk of skin right where the burn was. I was planning on crocheting but it's in the exact spot where the yarn slides over. It hurt to crochet with a burn there but with a large open wound it would be impossible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kinoni
« Reply #1406 on: April 19, 2010 04:54:50 PM »

once, i was cutting fabric on my bed (my table was too messy) noticed the time, put everything away, and went to sleep, when i woke up, i found my 3 fingers completely covered in little 2 cm gashes all over. I forgot to put away the scissors and slept with them..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Faux_Valentine
« Reply #1407 on: April 28, 2010 12:50:49 PM »

i was making marshmallows because they sounded delishious. You had to set the gelatin up before hand and then cook the sugar. So Gelatin set and sugar now in liquid form i picked up the cup the gelatin was in but it wouldn't come out so i smacked the bottom of the cup really hard and out came the gelatin into the sugar with a plop.

It wasn't bad enough it got some serious sugar burns on my thumb, but my first instinct was to put my thumb in my mouth so my tongue was burnt to hell as well
THIS ROCKS   Logged

prairiefire
patchwork princess

Yes, Virginia, Cornflower Blue IS a real color.

View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: June 30, 2010 03:38:27 PM »

Ha! neat thread.  you folks are as klutzy as I am, now I don't feel so bad.  I just had to run downstreet so the neighbor lady could pull a common pin out of the bottom of my left boob!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can dance to the morning light
With my feet on fire
--Volbeat
beatlejessie
« Reply #1409 on: July 12, 2010 09:35:10 PM »

This thread makes me feel SO much better about all of the papercuts and needle pricks I have gotten while making things....

However, my friends and I have come up with this axiom: It's not a real costume/project/craft until you bleed a little!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1st swap! - Another Whedonverse Swap - Complete!
Get Well Swap - Complete!
http://beatlejessie.deviantart.com - My photography and digital artwork
http://www.wists.com/beatlejessie
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 147 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
A No-Fail Method to Applying Fake Eyelashes
Courtney Cox Reveals Her Skincare Secrets
Caitlyn Jenner Received These High-End Dresses for Free
Unboxing Our 1st Ipsy Bag
New Makeup Must-Haves
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...