A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 298,791
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: cloth pads=happy period  (Read 65469 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2007 , cloth_pad  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2007 12:36:20 PM »

Before I became a Domestic Diva (aka, stay-at-home wife/mother), I would wear my pads to work and carry a ziplock baggie in my purse with a clean pad in it.  Whenever I needed to change, I would take out the fresh one and toss the soiled one in the baggie.  As soon as I got home I would throw it in the washing machine.  On lighter days, I could get away with wearing a pad for about nine hours so changing it wasn't an issue.   Smiley

I can't really say if my flow is any lighter than before, since I used tampons for many years.  I know I don't have to change my cloth pads as frequently as I did the tampons.  I also don't feel itchy anymore and my cramps aren't as severe. 

The chemicals they use in tampons basically absorb into your skin.  When these chemicals find their way into the uterus, the uterus considers it a foreign object and begins shedding the lining more rapidly by expanding and contracting to expel any lining, trying to get rid of the foreign chemicals.  This is what causes alot of cramping for many women. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
the noodle princess

When you are the moon....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2007 01:11:57 PM »

The chemicals they use in tampons basically absorb into your skin.  When these chemicals find their way into the uterus, the uterus considers it a foreign object and begins shedding the lining more rapidly by expanding and contracting to expel any lining, trying to get rid of the foreign chemicals.  This is what causes alot of cramping for many women. 

eeeew! that is so nasty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*spinswim* my hand-spun yarn and fiber shop!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5546058
girlypirate
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my arms are too short to box with God.

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2007 01:25:30 PM »

Dear Craftsters,
Thank you so much for trying to stay on topic when provoked.  Any messages not directly related to this post have been removed.  Let's keep it that way.
Love,
girlypirate
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pink Hickey
Pheonix Princess

I sew in high heels...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2007 04:34:46 PM »

This is sooooo cool! I remember being in Freshman year awhile ago and hearing about some girl that used cloth pads and went into Nordstrom's ladies restroom waited for the bathroom to get full and decided to wash out her pads.....so alot of us were turned off just by this girl doing that...But Now I'm really excited to go to the fabric store and get sewin'! I'm trying to start a womens group for the 8th grade girls in my old middle school and I was thinking it would be a cool thing to maybe make one for each of them just to give them another option. I'm super excited...you are amazing, I clicked this rocks.....cause it does in soooo many ways.

Laura
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry Potter will be in my heart forever.
the noodle princess

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2007 05:29:11 PM »

thank you! that's so nice to hear!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*spinswim* my hand-spun yarn and fiber shop!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5546058
craftgirlwannabe
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2007 02:07:23 PM »

i just wanted to say i love these! they are so cute - i love the fabrics you chose. I really want to make some of my own now! I use a mooncup but these would be pretty good to wear at night. I clicked this rocks, because they are so cool. Thanks for sharing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WitchCatXeen

life's a joke, so make fun of it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2007 02:24:06 PM »

Everytime I come back here to look at your pads, I get more and more inspired to make my own (especially after I've become more confident in my sewing skills).

I brought this topic up whilst looking at material with my (male) roommate, and he just... didn't really know how to respond.  Poor guy.  He's so innocent Smiley

So yeah, thanks again for posting these.  I'm hoping they will help ease my cramps, as I get them so bad I'm practically disabled the first couple days :-/ 

Oh, and I clicked This Rocks, too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the noodle princess

« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2007 03:35:49 PM »

thanks!  Smiley i'd love to see pics if you guys make any.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indescript
I'd rather craft than go to work.

Woo-za!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2007 03:04:05 AM »

Awesome! I just read through all 5 pages and am psyched about this idea. After much swearing, emergency phone calls, craftster and instructables I finally figured out how to use my girl's sewing machine that I borrowed... so I'm going to check out those links and head over to the fabric store today and see if I can find some fabrics and materials that I like. I stopped using disposable menstrual products a couple of months ago because of simple irritation on every level - cost, incompatibility to my body, physical irritation, unreliable, flushing problems, etc. Thank you so much for posting - love those green ones!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog at http://umikoart.blogspot.com and my Etsy shop at http://umiko.etsy.com Smiley
KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2007 10:13:30 AM »

OMG!  I went to Hancock Fabric today and they were having a clearance sale.  I bought the cutest cotton flannel that is pink and has little cartoonish raccoons on it.  I can't wait to bang out some pads with it.  I'll post pics when they're finished.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
California Sushi Roll Recipe
Wok Chicken with Alex McCord
Baked Panko Salmon Recipe
How to Make Lacha Paratha
How to Make an Easter Roast Spiced Chicken with Indian Style Gravy
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...