A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,655
Currently Running With Scissors:
641 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: cloth pads=happy period  (Read 62583 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2007 , cloth_pad  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

* Beatriz *
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2007 03:01:16 PM »

Shocked Cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2007 07:53:34 PM »

Noodle Princess, I'm so sorry.  We've totally stolen your thunder and hijacked your thread in the process of debating the grossness vs. coolness of cloth pads.   Lips sealed

Anyway, quick question for anyone out there who makes their own pads.  I am a member of a blog group on LJ for people who use cloth pads and some of the Canadian padsters make their liners out of hemp fabric.  Does anyone know if this is even available in the States?  From what I understand, hemp is really absorbant yet breathable. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
the noodle princess

When you are the moon....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2007 08:21:28 PM »

Hey, not at all, i've really been enjoying reading all the replys.  Wink  debate away!

I really don't mind dealing with cleaning them, it's that not gross to me. i'm just happy that i'm not shelling out $$$ every month and that it's something i can do for the environment. 

I'm in canada and i use hemp/cotton terry in my pads but i got a huge bag of scraps from a friend who designs and sells clothes. i think she orders it online.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

*spinswim* my hand-spun yarn and fiber shop!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5546058
SassetteOPants

Equal parts sugar and salt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2007 10:12:24 AM »

...my body feels healthier. my cycle has gotten lighter and shorter since i started using them and i have no cramps.

I'm curious as to how this is possible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...so believe when I say Im no better than you, except when I craft so I guess it aint true.

Insinuendos.etsy.co m
FauxChina

Hello, my name is AAAAAAAAAHHHH

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2007 10:57:02 AM »

Your pads are beautiful! I'm personally an Always girl, but I've been quite curious about using cloth pads for a while due to to the diaper rash type thing I get from pads (sorry TMI) showering twice a day doesn't seem to be making any difference.  I was just wondering about what you do while you're at work or just out and about and you need to change your pad?  What do you do with the previously used one?  I just can't see myself being in the restroom at a shopping center washing out a cloth pad in the sink while people are walking in and out.  Sorry of my question seems stupid, I was just wondering what you ladies did.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a new mom to my beautiful baby girl Rhaevyn, born June 12th, she keeps me super busy.
marleah
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2007 11:05:14 AM »

I have a vinyl zipper pouch that I keep with me to put the used ones in. The cloth pads I have are the pad + a separate fleece liner, so I typically just have to change liners. They are fine in the pouch until I get home!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the noodle princess

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2007 11:22:27 AM »

...my body feels healthier. my cycle has gotten lighter and shorter since i started using them and i have no cramps.

well, i'm not a doctor but this is my observation. I used to use tampons, and they can absorb *too much* which causes you to dry out and that is what causes the cramps and extra bleeding.  Sad
i've also heard that some disposable pads have absorbant materials in them that draw more fluids out of you than normal  (causing you to bleed more so that you need to buy more of these products.)  Tongue

here's another good website i found:http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~obsidian/clothpads/padindex.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*spinswim* my hand-spun yarn and fiber shop!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5546058
the noodle princess

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2007 11:28:37 AM »

Your pads are beautiful! I'm personally an Always girl, but I've been quite curious about using cloth pads for a while due to to the diaper rash type thing I get from pads (sorry TMI) showering twice a day doesn't seem to be making any difference.  I was just wondering about what you do while you're at work or just out and about and you need to change your pad?  What do you do with the previously used one?  I just can't see myself being in the restroom at a shopping center washing out a cloth pad in the sink while people are walking in and out.  Sorry of my question seems stupid, I was just wondering what you ladies did.

Thankyou! i use a waterproof pouch like marleah. i don't rinse them out, i wait till i get home and then put them in cold water to soak for a day or so, then put them in the washing machine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

heini
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2007 11:54:32 AM »

You're pads are very pretty, and they gave me inspiration to sew more pads for me. I didn't need more, because I use pads only when I sleep, mooncup is enough daytime. But I'd need new ones eventually, and sewing is fun and I got rid of most of my stretchy cotton scraps.

FauxChina: I strongly recommend cloth pads or cup. They're much more comfortable than disposable pads and they don't cause itch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SassetteOPants

Equal parts sugar and salt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2007 12:21:12 PM »

well, i'm not a doctor but this is my observation. I used to use tampons, and they can absorb *too much* which causes you to dry out and that is what causes the cramps and extra bleeding.  Sad
i've also heard that some disposable pads have absorbant materials in them that draw more fluids out of you than normal  (causing you to bleed more so that you need to buy more of these products.)  Tongue

here's another good website i found:http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~obsidian/clothpads/padindex.html

Interesting.  Thanks for the link!
Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...so believe when I say Im no better than you, except when I craft so I guess it aint true.

Insinuendos.etsy.co m
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Fondant Penguin
How to Make Fondant Alphabet Blocks
How to Make a Fondant Snake
How to Make Fondant Numbers
How to Make a Fondant Crab
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...