A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,189
Currently Running With Scissors:
470 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tyvek Pouch for Any Occasion  (Read 55920 times)
Tags for this thread: featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ForevrBee
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2004 03:01:57 PM »

I think you would be better off using permanent marker for your decorating. I worship Sharpies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Damn the Man, Save the Empire!"
  ~Mark, Empire Records
powderpuff

Thats so green.

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2004 03:36:42 PM »

Hey I was wondering if you could order those envelopes in Canada?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xswtnmeltx
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2004 02:03:31 PM »

can any one help me with the zipper? i got one side but i cant figure out how to do the other side. im new at sewing zippers on.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vonnie
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2004 10:01:27 PM »

do u think they have Tyvek in Canada? lol. i checked and they don't ship to Canada. Darn... and we're so close. Maybe i should check at the post office.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinybits
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2004 09:42:50 AM »

when I first saw this thread I found the idea very cool and try to find the product but it seems I couldnt find the right place to buy untill now.
last day when I am on my to my German class, I went to a "everything is 1 mio TL" shop (it is like your dollar stores) and found a cleaning sheet named "imported cleaning fabrics" and it was look a like tyvek.. i bought two package for only 2 mio TL (1 euro/1 dollar).. i never saw a tyvek product so i can only guess that this one is tyvek. it is white, it is more like paper and it cannot tear down so easily.. a real tyvek or not, i hope it will come out great when i make pouches from it cuz if you can make cleaning with it you can definetely sew it.. lol...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chillychick
Officially Insane

Garden State is Love.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2004 11:22:04 AM »

I second the "Do we have tyvek in canada" question. I attempted to order of the website but I guess the don't like Canadians.  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Neonlily-Assorted junk for your pleasure.
vonnie
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2004 02:36:07 PM »

You are so lucky having Tyvek envelopes. They are not available here in Australia.  BOO HOO!!!!!!  
Would anyone like to send me some? I'll send back something in return.

Does anyone wanna send me some too? We can negotiate something... lol =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
broadwaybabe_4

I'm in love! (With the right One.)

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2004 01:46:21 PM »

Grin

This is a fun and easy project

The best part is that the Tyvek is free. All you have to buy is a zipper. I used one that I had around the house. Go to your local Post Office and get an Express envelope.

-Cut the envelope in half and use the side without the seam in the middle.

- Using an "L" square (for true, straight lines) measure the square to the desired size. Make sure to leave a 1/2 inch seam allowance beyond the end of the zipper.

-Trim down your rectangle

-Draw whatever your heart desires. Markers work best.

- Crumple your creation for a nice fabric like feel. Then smooth it out and prepare to sew.

-I like to sew the zipper to the top and bottom edges first and then sew the sides of the pouch shut. Simply line the zipper selvage with the edge of the tyvek and sew the zipper on. Repeat for the other side. If you don't want a raw edge, fold over the edge of the tyvek and sew it down on to the zipper, repeat for the other side of the pouch, then flip the pouch inside out and sew the sides shut. Be sure to leave the zipper open a little so you can turn the pouch right side out again.

-Voila! Tyvek pouch.

Hope you all enjoy this. This pouch is for my friend's Bday. It took me 20 minutes.

You can find more supercute stuff at:
www.uncommonindustries.com

you can also just order them online for free! they come in packages of ten or more and even the shipping is free. i love that word, FREE! god bless america. (most of the time. jkjkjk)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2004 02:00:30 PM by kategirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain. Climb on two by two, to be sure these days continue.
atlascoughed

Sometimes I don't make anything but a mess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2004 08:13:20 PM »

If any Canadians are still looking for this stuff, drop me a line (atlascoughed AT sbcglobal DOT net) and I'll try an' help you out. Mebbe we can trade or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anything I can reach I do myself.

Una Luna on Etsy. Home of the Alphacreatures!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5443049

Diary of the Long Winded as AtlasCoughed on LJ: http://atlascoughed.livejournal.com/
mthompson828

Don't forget to bring a towel!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2005 09:55:42 AM »

Tyvek is also sold as house wrap - they use it to insulate under the shingles (I think).  I knew a guy who scavenged ends from construction projects (it comes in gigantic rolls) and made huge kites - like 9 foot wingspan.  These things would literally lift a small adult off the ground if not anchored well. 

So if you know anyone in construction, ask around - you may get more than you bargained for!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Summer Beauty Roundup
How to Make Compressed Watermelon Slices Infused With Vodka
3 Cool Watermelon Recipes for Labor Day
AOL Experts - Summer Wine Pairing
Beer Can Chicken on the Grill
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...