A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,127
Currently Running With Scissors:
640 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Epi-Pen Caddy with pattern  (Read 34001 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Marykz

did I say one project at a time?

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2007 06:41:38 AM »

you are so creative- I just love it.  my DH has a weird unidentified allergy prob. too, to I'm going to make one for his to put in the briefcase.  and embroidering EPI-PEN is a great idea.  if only I could get him to stick a MA tag or something on his watch..... Thanks so much for sharing this great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Michela
Hi, I'm Confused. And you are?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2007 10:56:07 AM »

Grrrgh...  I guess that is the definition of when I trust someone and get close to them.  When I get to the point in a friendship/ relationship and I teach someone how to give me my Epipen shot, and tell them where it is kept.  Why oh why is trust teaching your friends how to stab you?

I do  the same thing. I think it has to do with freaking people out, before you indroduce them to the stabby interment of life saving weirdness, you have to be sure they won't completely freak and just avoid you so they won't have to use the epi-pen lol. luckily most of my friends though worked at camp cousellors at one point in thier lives so they fully trained in epi-pan useage. A few of them have even taken it to extremes. My best friend keeps one of my epi's at her house taped to her fridge and taught every one of her family members how to use it on the off chance I go over to her house while shes not home.

you are so creative- I just love it.  my DH has a weird unidentified allergy prob. too, to I'm going to make one for his to put in the briefcase.  and embroidering EPI-PEN is a great idea.  if only I could get him to stick a MA tag or something on his watch..... Thanks so much for sharing this great idea!

Unidentified allergies are horrible! mine was unknown for 2 years before I finally figured out. three allergists, my GP, a pediatrian, and two ear/nose/throat doctors couldn't figure out why I was choking at nearly every meal until I bit a pepper pod and my throat swelled shut instantly. have you tried writting down every item he eats? (full ingredient lists and all). I know someone else with a UFA and after 2 weeks of listing all the food she ate and when she had reactions she figured out what was causing her to react.

As for the MA, checkout the jeweller. A lot of them have knock off MAs that are actually fasionable and don;'t look like soemthing your grand father would wear. It won't link you to the MA network, but it will list med problem for paramedics and engrave something like 'see wallet card' where you can list contact info and treatment. thats what I have on mine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft so I can avoid reality.....
My wist
Marykz

did I say one project at a time?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2007 04:25:02 PM »

Unidentified allergies are horrible! mine was unknown for 2 years before I finally figured out. three allergists, my GP, a pediatrian, and two ear/nose/throat doctors couldn't figure out why I was choking at nearly every meal until I bit a pepper pod and my throat swelled shut instantly. have you tried writting down every item he eats? (full ingredient lists and all). I know someone else with a UFA and after 2 weeks of listing all the food she ate and when she had reactions she figured out what was causing her to react.

As for the MA, checkout the jeweller. A lot of them have knock off MAs that are actually fasionable and don;'t look like soemthing your grand father would wear. It won't link you to the MA network, but it will list med problem for paramedics and engrave something like 'see wallet card' where you can list contact info and treatment. thats what I have on mine.

Thanks for the reminder about the food diary!  my opinion is that is it a food dye but we are trying to confirm it.... he thinks that if the epi-pen fixes it we don't have to worry about why it is broken..... (HuhHuh? makes me crazy)  I'll definitely check for something "manly and not grandpa at the jeweler- that is a good idea.  I made him put a card in the wallet and the b/case, but I just want one on his person..... Thanks for the reinforcement!!! mkz
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Michela
Hi, I'm Confused. And you are?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2007 05:12:43 PM »

I think he needs a bit more info as to what an epipen does. It doesn't 'fix' it, it keeps him alive until the doctors can fix is a at the hospital lol. I learned that one the hard way....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft so I can avoid reality.....
My wist
LUBEE
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2007 12:25:31 PM »

death to wheat
and thank you for the pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2007 12:36:42 PM »

It might be neat to add some fun fur to this doodad, for the same reason that the condom caddy on Knitty has it... to make it go from "distinctive" to "unmistakeable" in your bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bellydancingknitter
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2007 08:01:23 PM »

I love the detail of the pocket on top, for the pills.
Great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ameythestlily
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2007 08:09:11 PM »

This is so cool. My mom's b-day is coming up and the poor woman is allergic to just about everything. This is gonna make an awesome addition to the rest of her gifts. Thank you so much
THIS ROCKS   Logged

2 more months till little Emmalyn makes her debut. So nervous but just can't wait Smiley
KittyCreates

So much crafting, so little time...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2007 04:43:07 PM »

You know, that would work great as a tampon cozy too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I would go out tonight, but I haven't got a stitch to wear"

http://kittyscreations.wordpress.com/

http://www.ravelry.com/people/KittyCreates
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Katy Perry’s Hair Colorist on Adding “Adult” Streaks
Discover the Cure For Dry, Lifeless Hair
How to Create the Sock Bun Hairstyle with the Wrap Up
Beyonce and Miley Cyrus Bring Back Pixie Cuts
How to Create a Summer Fish Tail Plait Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...