A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Epi-Pen Caddy with pattern  (Read 35528 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stevesgal
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007 09:59:01 AM »

I also have to carry an Epi-pen (idiopathic anaphylaxis)  I will make one tonight.  thank you for the, well everything.  The only thing that I am going to add is I am going to embroider "Epi-pen" on the outside in a really contrasting color just in case I am unable to function so anyone looking for my info will know what it is and hopefully use it. 
Thanks tons.  Stay safe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Michela
Hi, I'm Confused. And you are?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007 11:27:42 AM »

Just letting everyone know that I corrected a smalll mistake at row 52.

I'm so glad everyone like the pattern/idea. I'm contemplating make them to sell.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft so I can avoid reality.....
My wist
capnhonolulu
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007 03:00:57 PM »

Just an aside: If you do have a disorder that might require a medic/other person to help you if you can't talk to them, it's a really good idea to get a MedicAlert Card/necklace/bracelet.  It is sorta the same as having a piece of paper with your info but is more offical and medics know about it an will (hopefully) look for it. Plus they aren't all ugly, you can get them with pretty beads/charms etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tom-Kat
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2007 11:37:04 AM »

Brilliant Idea.
I don't have any allergies but I volunteer as an EMT, and nothing is more fustrating then being unable to find someone's medicine that they need.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

duct tape is like the force. There's a light side, and a dark side, and it binds the universe together.
caflygrl
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007 08:37:18 AM »

This is so great! My epi-pen is so huge... I heard somewhere that they make some as key chains??

I'll admit it looks a bit... x-rated... when in the case... hehehe... anyhow, I love it! I, too, suffer from peanut allergies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mishti
amateur transmogrifier

Under There?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2007 08:52:07 AM »

That's a great idea!  Thank God my little brother has grown out of most of his severe allergies. 

Admission:  I did snicker a little in my head when I saw it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am mebellus on Ravelry
milwjamie
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2007 09:06:01 AM »

That's awesome!!! My sister got an epi pen a few months back when she had this freaky allergy to "something" (we still don't know what) that made her throat start to close up. I am SO making her one of these!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Michela
Hi, I'm Confused. And you are?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2007 10:44:54 AM »

ah yes the freaky mystery allergy. I had one of those for years until one day i bit in to a pepper pod and my throat swelled shut. mystery solved.

I will admit the cady does look um... phalic in shape. Its kinda un avoidable since the damn epi-pen case is actually shaped like that. its not so obvious on the old style pens. The ones that come in that flimsy plastic tub that cracks at the top of a hat with the metal lid. I think they still use that one in the states but up here in canda we have the spiffy new ones with hard plastic, east off lids and a piece of metal in the base to bend the used needle on. The result is a rounded off cylidner that looks like a 'grown-up' toy...

If you do a stright seam on the bottom instead of the K2tog reduction thing its not as obvious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft so I can avoid reality.....
My wist
FluffyMonkey
i feel my fate in what i cannot fear

The creative mind plays with what it loves

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007 06:02:35 PM »

I really want to make this for one of my students who had the most terrible nut allergy I've ever heard of, but I couldn't find the yarn you used online to find out the weight of it. Is it sock weight? And what size needles to you use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There are two kinds of strengths: the strength to lead, and the strength to follow; the strength to control, and the strength to yield. There are two kinds of power: the power to strip another's soul bare, and the power to stand naked."
~Yaldah Tovah

On Ravelry! Look me up; there I'm baela.
Jane2
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2007 06:46:39 PM »

fluffymonkey;

I'll just jump in before Michela gets back to answer your question.
In the beginning she said, "I used Eco-Fil Recycled yarn. Its a 25% acrylic, 75% cotton yarn."
(I thought it was just me being computer-dumb when I couldn't find Eco-Fil yarn online.)

What she didn't say was where she got it from.
I've only ever seen it at Walmart - here in Canada anyway.
And only a few Walmarts carry it - at least in my area (in Canada).

Sock weight? I have a sweater pattern for Eco-fil yarn and the gauge mentioned (using 4 mm needles) is 19 sts and 25 rows over
10 cm/4 inches.

Hope that helps.
We can wait for her now.

Happy knitting,
Janey
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Play All My Loving on a Guitar
How to Play Yesterday on a Guitar
And I Love Her - Easy Rhythm Guitar Lesson
How to Play House of the Rising Sun on an Acoustic Guitar
Learn About "The Kiss" by Gustav Klimt
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...