A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,113
Currently Running With Scissors:
653 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Post Office Hat with pattern.  (Read 35675 times)
Tags for this thread: hat , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SomethingSweet
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2007 09:53:19 PM »

That hat is amazing, and looks completely adorable on you too Smiley  Thanks so much for sharing the pattern!  This one is definitely going on my list.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stitch It Black
Bears... Beets... Battlestar Galactica

Oh how time flies when you're daydreaming...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2007 05:35:24 PM »

WOW!

Okay, so i've finished the hat but it came out a little big so I have a little editing to do before I can post pics.  Undecided

I too had some trouble starting the beginning of the hat... it was frustrating! I eventually got it and finished it in just a few hours though so i'm very happy. I used yarn that was a little too chunky so i'm not positive that i'll keep it. I may do it in Caron Simply Soft... that might work a little better and give it more flow or flexibility? My yarns too thick.

Thanks, its a great pattern and i'm sure i'll be making more in various colors. Now all I have left to do is make it so that mine fits and looks good. Also everyone else's looks amazing as well. Awesome work peoples!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We never know how high we are
Till we are called to rise;
And then, if we are true to plan,
Our statures touch the skies. - Emily Dickinson
Ilovemystarbursts
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2007 10:33:28 AM »

Okay so I just made this hat, and I don't know what's wrong with me, but it definitely comes to a peak at the top, and it looks ridiculous.  I think I crocheted too tightly at the beginning.  I dunno, it just. . .  doesn't look right.  I'm terribly disappointed that I messed it up, cuz this hat is adorable.  Sad

This happened to me too Sad I think i may have crocheted too tightly as well. The hat is very adorable, I'm going to try again and see what happens Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2007 11:05:16 AM »

I made one of these for my brothers girlfriend for Christmas, I think I made the crown a little too big though, so I had to make the band wider and make some decreases, but I think it turned out cute, hopefully she will like it.
It's 2 strands of acrylic held together, a bright purple and a REALLY pale pink, my brother picked to use them together instead of one or the other (and then called her starting the conversation with "you don't have a big head do you?" not even a hello first.)

on me.  please excuse my dark eye circles (it had been a long weekend of little sleep and lots of househunting but we did find one and make an offer, so *fingers crossed*)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2007 02:29:51 PM »

oh, your hat is wonderful.

and your brother is, erm, charming. too bad he isn't single  Roll Eyes.

Yea, he's 20, they're impossible to train at that age.  Though, they have been together for like 2 years and are best friends, and treat eachother almost like siblings do, with the banter and such, they are just that comfortable with one another.  I guess it's hard to explain unless you have been in a relationship like that.

OH and Thanks!  I just hope it fits her, I have a tiny head, so I am hoping it will fit her "normal sized head" much better, it is actually much bigger on me than it looks in the picture.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007 02:31:16 PM by Zelda.Suicide » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2007 04:14:48 PM »

Thanks, this one I'm making for sure!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jemlunchbox

Chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2008 06:59:28 PM »

I made this for my first hat.  I ended up adding a couple extra rows of half double crochet, because my hat was a bit loose for my head.  Thanks for the pattern!  I want to go make another hat now!  These will make great gifts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dreaminsanity

everybody, just pretend to be normal!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2008 08:24:03 PM »

I made one too!
But, the wonderful puffs didn't end up... wonderful on  mine. Seriously, there are puffs, but they are nowhere near a symmetrical as yours. Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nappyolme

I'm an unconventional conventionist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2008 04:04:16 PM »

I love the way you guys are adding the double crochet at the end...i should have done that to my hat because it may fit better that way
THIS ROCKS   Logged

La La Land: A Craft Journal
http://supraargo.blogspot.com

Check out my etsy shop
http://www.oiyko.etsy.com

Life is short, live like it!
Bond Girl
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2008 06:36:27 PM »

Ok I was trying this hat last night, my first attempt at following a non-Japanese and non-amigurumi crochet pattern and thus trying to remember what all the abbreviations mean etc.

I just have a question about the start, where you go from the little tail to starting to work in the round:

Where is says "In last chain, do 4 sc.", what does that mean?  Do you do a chain of 4 stitches or do you do 4 single crochet stitches in that one last chain?  I can't work out how they'd all fit if the latter was the case. Embarrassed  I took it as making a chain of 4 stitches up, if you get me, and then according to the nest line of the pattern, did 2 another chain and the did 2 single crochet stitches in each of those 4 chains, and did a slip stitch to join it so it forms the first circle of the hat - is that on the right track?

I'm sorry if that's a very basic question, but I have looked at books and websites etc. on working in the round and can't quite make sense of it in terms of this pattern with the 2 sc in the chains, so thanks if anyone can help me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm very into Britney Spears' early work, before she sold out, so mostly her, um, finger painting and macaroni art.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Stupid About Men Book Trailer
Shonen Jump Panel with Stan Lee and Hiroyuki Takei
Marsha Bemko Talks About Antiques Roadshow
Meet Author Kamal Saleem
Corinne Smith and Lisa Strick Talk About Learning Disabilities: A to Z
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...