A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 315,682
Currently Running With Scissors:
402 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pet toys  (Read 5231 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2004 06:02:48 PM »

Pet toys are really easy to make, and a good way to practice your sewing skills! And hey, you know you little puppy or kitty doesn't really care how well its made, they're just fun to play with.

Here is the lastest one I made for my dog. I would recommend NOT using felt, since slobber and stuff really doesn't help it stick well. She doesn't really seem that interested in this one though, I think its because it doesn't have a squeakie thing in it.

Basically, just cut out a square of fabric, draw a random shape on one wrong side, right sides together, sew along the line of the shape and then cut out the seam allowance. I do the cutting last, since my machine doesn't follow all the lines (or, well I dont!) Then, turn it inside out, stuff it with LOTS of filling and then sew up the top, and decorate if you want, with animal safe things. You can also stick a squeakie thing while you are stuffing it.

http://dancefever.in-midair.org/craft/toy2.JPG
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011 07:22:16 PM by LimeRiot - Reason: image housekeeping » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluaria
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004 01:15:21 PM »

Great idea!  I neglected to buy my dog a new toy for Christmas and i've been feeling a little guilty.
Now I can practice sewing and make myself (and my dog) feel better.  Do you know where I can get a squeakie thing to put inside?  According to my pup, this is a must have.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Made by a city girl.  Made for everyone.
handmade leather jewelry & accessories
www.citygirldesigns.net
crazyferret
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004 01:30:01 PM »

Where can you get the squeaky thing? By the way I like your octopus, really cute.
 Smiley
Katy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Xanthia

the goddess of hugs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004 04:32:53 PM »

I recently sewed up my practice knitting swatches and made kitty toys stuffing them with cat nip. I hate to see stuff go to waste, and she carries them around everywhere!

« Last Edit: January 08, 2004 04:33:15 PM by Xanthia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004 05:54:18 PM »

I know what you mean bluaria, my dog just HAS to have a squeaker. She was nosing this toy looking for one, but just couldn't find it.

I would imagine you can buy them, I have no idea where. Maybe at a large craft store? You could ask. If they are expensive (like over a dollar, which I couldn't imagine) you could just go to a dollar store, and buy a cheap toy and rip out the squeaker. I'm not really sure, I've never seen them, or well never looked!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jinxya26

But I gotta Rock!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2004 08:48:47 PM »

I would love to make these for my pups but they always shread every toy they get ahold of!! It's very cute though! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftsurge

Thank God For Glue

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2004 08:05:28 AM »

If your dog destroys stuff as much as mine you can try to salvage a squeeker from an old toy.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

joygasm
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2004 08:14:38 AM »

niiice ^_^ very cute.

my mommy owns a dog training business/store and has squeekies for sale. you could probably get them at most pet supply stores. or maybe not... hope that helps yall!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aspenwall
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2004 10:39:37 AM »

oh my gosh xanthia your cat looks just like mine!, he name is Van Gogh, I'll post a pic later of her helping me with some crafts later Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
miss_mom

Keeping my head above water .... barely!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2004 05:49:27 PM »

I have been to one pet supply warehouse place that used to carry the squeakers - I have also salvaged squeakers. A friend of mine got some from here - haven't tried them myself yet, but as far as I know, it worked out for her ...

http://www.cdwplus.com/othersupplypage.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  - Thomas Edison
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Mother’s Day Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Cornbread Dressing Recipe
King Ranch Chicken Casserole Recipe
How to Make a “No-Cook” BLT Flatbread
Traditional Crawfish Etouffee
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...