A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,742
Currently Running With Scissors:
533 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lots of fall/winterish thank-you cards; birthday card pack  (Read 1649 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ambam
« on: December 03, 2006 02:09:53 PM »

It's amazing how far two sheets of patterned paper can go. I originally bought the two sheets to make a birthday card for my friend. It turned into a birthday card and envelope, a mini notebook and several thank-you cards (The thank-you cards were not for my friend; those are not part of the birthday card pack.).

Birthday card pack:

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r24/daweamber/winter%20papercrafts/scan0016.jpg

close-up of separate components:

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r24/daweamber/winter%20papercrafts/cropcardwenvelope.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r24/daweamber/winter%20papercrafts/croptag.jpg

I'm so excited about the vintage look I created by rubbing sandpaper on the sheets. It was SOOOO fun. Here's a few close-ups of the back of the tag and the card so you can see the distressed look:

That's space to write a message. But I don't want to mess them up!! I might just use them as thank-you tags instead and include a note on plain white paper in the envelope.

These two are not that cute:

front and back views:

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r24/daweamber/winter%20papercrafts/scan0020.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r24/daweamber/winter%20papercrafts/scan0021.jpg

All these I completed while I was supposed to be studying for finals!!!

*I am afraid all these pics may be too much and the post will show up too slow to view. Would you please let me know if there's a problem viewing it? Thanks!!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011 02:33:35 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: attempted to fix photos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cinnamon teal
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006 02:24:00 PM »

Ooh! I like 'em! 

* The pics are a bit big.  I like seeing them all, but maybe you could make them a bit smaller?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eloiseinmoscow
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006 04:25:02 PM »

It looks great!  Cheesy The pictures all came up no problem. The sandpaper vintaging is something I will have to try.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please pm me if you'd like to trade ATCs!
crafty_karen1
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006 01:26:37 AM »

They all look fantastic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shewilldieyoung.
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006 10:41:23 PM »

Oh my gosh! They're all soo cute! Really good job! I see that you've sewn some of the papers together, do you use one of those little paper sewing machines??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.wists.com/shewilldieyoung

I will be out of state until February. I may be able to check emails periodically so if you need me, it would be more timely to email me. Thanks. ANY OWED SWAP PACKAGES WILL GO OUT BEFORE I LEAVE.
talihina_sky

Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006 04:39:53 PM »

Those are so pretty! Using sandpaper to distress them was such a great idea, I may have to use that in the future. Cheesy I love the color combination too.

P.S. You're handwriting is superb. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

* My Wists     
* Do you have old magazines laying around that you want to get rid of? I'd love to use them! Send me a PM.
Kibbi
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006 10:29:47 PM »

Neat! I love the colors and the many uses of tags. Thanks for sharing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ambam
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007 10:40:35 PM »

Sorry for the late response....have been away from the computer for a while...thank you so much for the kind responses SmileySmileySmiley. RE the sewing machine, I have tested out the tiny battery-operated sewing machines and they do work for sewing a straight stitch on paper, but I just used my regular sewing machine.

P.S. A good mini one to get is the Sew D'Lite Supreme from Sears or Target. There's also a cute 3/4 size machine, the Mini Ultra, that you can get from Sears in a variety of beautiful colors, like pink pearl, mint green pearl, white pearl.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Cool Text Trick - Motion 3
How to Get Real Time Play Back - Final Cut Pro
How to Paint - Motion 3
How to Create a Burning Effect - Motion 3
How to Use The Color Corrector - Final Cut Pro
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...