A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,954
Currently Running With Scissors:
750 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Kureyon beret and colonia mitts  (Read 1754 times)
Tags for this thread: fingerless_gloves , beret  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SylvChezPlum
Knitting and crocheting in France

J'adoooore Crafster !

View Profile WWW
« on: January 04, 2007 05:52:10 AM »

Those were Xmas presnets for my SIL and MIL. I like to knit/crochet stuff for them, although I'm usually always late (my SIL got only ONE mitt in her stockings..  Undecided  )
Anyhow, here's the beret, made after a pattern published in Marie Claire Idees (that's a french mag). I thought I'd be ok with only one skein of Kureyon, but Ha ! .. Had to order more so it took much longer than it should have. (modeled here by my girl..)

And then here are my fingerless mittens, kind of assorted to a cardi I'm knitting as well. I loved making them, actually made a second pair with the same yarn (colonia 140), and then started a third one with some Malabrigo... So quick to make too. (I knit them flat, then sew them, so much faster in my book than having to juggle with dpns..)

(nb: please don't ask why one pic is larger than the other..resized them the same, and yet.. Ha the great mysteries of computing ! and no time to invetigate that now..)

Sylv
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010 12:47:37 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patterns & free Patterns: ChezPlum - Blog - Etsy -
Rav - Craftsy
inle_rah
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007 06:06:03 AM »

Cute.  I like the mittens.  Do you seam them along the outside edge?  I normally do mine in the round, but it seems like it would be faster to knit flat, but I'm not sure how my seams would turn out.  I worry they'd be bumpy.  Anyway, you did a good job.  Are you loving making mittens out of malabrigo?  I have a pair on the needles now, and I could sit and pet them all day long.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

about me
my wists
Ravelry
My Etsy
Personal swaps?  Yes, please.
SylvChezPlum

J'adoooore Crafster !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007 05:32:18 AM »

Thanks, yes that's exactly what I did, and to me they look all right enough.
I mean sure they'd look more perfect knit in the round but really can't be bothered. It's already hard enough to take the time to knit, I know I'd be discouraged in advance if I were to do them on dpns.
I don't find the seam bumpy, it's just the pattern doesn't look as neat there as on the rest of the mitt. But then it's located at a place people don't usually look at, so I figure I'm the only one noticing they're not "perfect"..  Wink

Anyway, your reply re-motivated me and i finished the first malabrigo mitt (had only the thumb and seam to finish, a matter of maybe 15 mn..  Tongue ) and I just took a pic so you can see. Top and bottom, with seam on lower edge of second pic..

And yes of course I love knitting with the Malabrigo !! Oh so soft, and the color change is so pretty !

I'd love to see your mittens too..!

Sylv
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007 06:41:25 AM by SylvChezPlum » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rav - Craftsy
cha.cha.cha.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007 02:13:10 PM »

These are really fantastic! I am always surprised to see fingerless mittens/gauntlets/wristwarmers/driving gloves (so many names!) that look different, and these really are unique! The yarn you used is perfect for them too. Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog!  http://nomoresweaters.blogspot.com

how do you catch a unique squirrel?............. u-nique up on it.
SylvChezPlum

J'adoooore Crafster !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007 03:13:33 AM »

These are really fantastic! I am always surprised to see fingerless mittens/gauntlets/wristwarmers/driving gloves (so many names!) that look different, and these really are unique! The yarn you used is perfect for them too. Great job!

Thanks, so glad you like them too !!  Grin

Sylv
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rav - Craftsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Who Is Your Favorite Cartoon Animal
Who Would You Be If You Had to Cosplay
Who Is Your Favorite Dracula
Dramatic Reads: Chris Roberson
Dramatic Reads: Ian Brill
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...