A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,321
Currently Running With Scissors:
366 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Finished 2 Cold Shoulders Capelets for SILs  (Read 1029 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SylvChezPlum
Knitting and crocheting in France

J'adoooore Crafster !

View Profile WWW
« on: January 04, 2007 05:39:53 AM »

So I decided to make a capelet for one of my SILs, and the second one was to get a pair mittens. But upon seing it, she asked for a capelet as well... So I made two ! Good it's such an easy and quick pattern, and that I had the same yarn in a lighter shade in the stash..

Anyway, here''s the first capelet modeled by my girl (along with the beret for my MIL). Would you believe I had to bribe her (with a sweet) to take those pics ? !! And then afterwards she asked for more pics... to get more sweets..!!   Grin    Then worn by the recipient, #1 SIL

And then here's the second capelet, just before I added the pompoms (I tried to take more pics after but please don't even ask for them !!  )

As for the specs, I added one shell pattern row for the first capelet, and  two repeats for the second one. Same size hook (actually had to buy a new hook after my plastic one broke after row 4 of first capelet... Ha !)
The yarn was recycled from an ugly frumpy huge coat. I believe it looks sooo much better now !! Grin

I loved this pattern, plus it was my first try doing shells/any sort of lacy crochet. But I just love the book, really I'd recommend it to anyone.
Only thing is there was so many ends to weave in at the end... So I thought I'd be clever for the second capelet and start right away by the top of the collar and do it all at once.. (decrease and then re-increase)/ But Alas, there WAS a reason to do it so: the foundation chain was too tight to achieve the right final look so I ripped it all and started again, just following the pattern.

Sylv
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010 11:05:46 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patterns & free Patterns: ChezPlum - Blog - Etsy -
Rav - Craftsy
sporkast
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007 09:19:32 AM »

Great job - love the capelets!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyPirateGirl

The Craftsters made me do it

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007 09:26:57 AM »

Very stylish!  And your little one is so cute.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my crafting apparel and gifts at www.CraftingShirts.com

You can see the rest of my web-based work at www.OuterMonologue.com and www.PiratesCloset.com.

*** Out of pocket for a while to move into our new house!  I'll try to check in periodically. : )  Ciao! ***
R3n331
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007 08:29:14 PM »

Now that is soo cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mother's Day Fridge Clip
Robin crafts! Hello spring!
I Scream, You Scream...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...