A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rogue-along, anyone?  (Read 15926 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Safetyfox
Neither safe, nor a fox.

Im in yr grden, drinkin yr beerz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 04, 2007 05:20:59 AM »

OK, so I'm a bit behind on the Rogue phenomenon but it's still a fab design. And for Christmas my better half bought me 10 balls of Rowan Kid Classic in a lovely shade of red, with which to knit it.

Anyone fancy knitting along with me? So far I've done the hem and turning row, so I'm not that far into the project.

I've never participated in a knitalong before, and I think for a big project like this, it'll help to keep me from stalling Grin

The pattern is here, in the unlikely event you've not seen it... http://www.girlfromauntie.com/patterns/shop/rogue/detail.php
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wait a minute, where's me jumper? On Ravelry of course.

Infrequently updated blog: safetyfox.blogspot. com
naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007 08:43:07 AM »

ohhh I wish I could!!! If it runs long enough, maybe I can join later this year
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
lawral
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007 09:03:46 AM »

i've had this pattern (and even yarn for it!) forever. i won't be able to start actually working on it for a month or so, but if this is still going, i'm totally in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zzjulia
New Knitter Attempts Blog

Woof!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007 01:03:05 PM »

I have been in love with this pattern forever, but I am not a pullover kind of girl so I am leaning toward the Eric cardi...can't wait to see your progress pics. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ijsblokje
is superbacana

gypsy punk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007 02:54:33 PM »

Just wanted to let you know that there's already a knitalong for this pattern, though it was started 2 years ago.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=24202.0

I am so freaking close to finishing mine.  I'm mad at myself when I think about it.  I just have one sleeve left.  I will finish this sweater this year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SlickMariaVic
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007 03:04:21 PM »

I've always eyeballed that pattern, even before I could knit. However I've only been knitting for a little over a year and have no experience with cables. So the whole advanced cable thing is rather intimidating.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That which is creative must create itself -" Keats

Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/slickmariavic/
ijsblokje
is superbacana

gypsy punk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007 08:34:58 PM »

I had only been knitting for a few months when I started.
Cables are really easy to do.  The beginning closed loop cable thing that begins most of the cables in the pattern is a little confusing, but she has provided a tutorial with photos on her website.
I didn't even know how to do twisted stockinette when I began.  If you really want to knit it, don't let the "advanced" bit discourage you.  It's a great, well written pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TamaraInCyberspace
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007 11:13:42 PM »

Anyone fancy knitting along with me? So far I've done the hem and turning row, so I'm not that far into the project.

Count me in! I also just completed the hem and am doing the pockets. I am knitting the cardigan version. Your yarn sounds lovely. I am using purple heathered cascade 220.

Actually I started it last weekend and got up to the armpits but my row gauge was so off. I had tried to make it a 32" bust to fit my 30" bust by knitting at a smaller gauge... lesson learned. Rip, rip, rip. I started it again today and it is going faster the second time around  Roll Eyes

I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Safetyfox
Neither safe, nor a fox.

Im in yr grden, drinkin yr beerz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007 03:08:56 AM »

Oh wow, I'm so glad there are other people doing it, cos I'm already stuck. I was hoping to get a solid two hours' work done on it last night while my husband was having his Arabic lesson and therefore unable to distract me. I got as far as row 3 of the first chart where you increase by knitting into the front and back of the stitch then 'pick up the vertical strand running between the two stitches just made'.

What vertical strand?! I can't see one. I tried to wing it but ended up with a hole. Anyone got any tips?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wait a minute, where's me jumper? On Ravelry of course.

Infrequently updated blog: safetyfox.blogspot. com
PrincessJazz
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007 07:34:43 AM »

I started this a few months ago but got sidetracked by Christmas knitting.  I'm working on a birthday gift right now but when I finish that my plan is to get back to my Rogue.  So you may see me around here in a bit.

Jazz
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie
How to Boil Blue Crabs
How to Carve a Turkey - In The Kitchen
The Rookie Cook: How to Cook Bacon
Shrimp Creole Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...