A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,683
Currently Running With Scissors:
536 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: reading is sexy round 4  (Read 8904 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DarthSqurl
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2007 04:30:32 PM »

I received but I can't post pics b/c my digital is on the fritz.  My partner was SoonFamo-Artiste and she sent me a great package with a monkey stuffie (the monkey from A Little Princess), a cute hand-sewn wallet, and a great reading is sexy tote w/ a bookworm on it! I love my swap package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yes, my guinea pig is hairless.
milwjamie
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2007 07:13:52 PM »

I also wanted to mention that the bag that Jamie sent is the first knitted/crocheted item I've ever received so I am SOOO happy to have it:)

AND I forgot to mention the cute lil black vinyl pencil case she sent too! CUTE

Awww you rock!! Well I am sure other knitted items will follow at a later date Smiley

Thanks for posting photos of my goodies too!!! I'll do up some shots too, cause it is fun to see the stuff you sent in someone else's environment!
I think this was my favorite thing ever. Well besides cookies cause I reallly like cookies! Can't wait to see what goodies everyone else came up with!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gumshoegal
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2007 12:55:56 PM »

hi ladies i wanted to let you know. that i have recieved everyones e-mail. i have had the flu for almost a week.

the gallery is incredible. you ladies did a wonderful job. you all have made this a wonderful swap.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007 12:58:41 PM by gumshoegal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PirateKisses

Love shines in her eyes.....

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2007 02:55:38 PM »

I received a totally awesome swap package from meridithy today! I got:

-a fan
- a tote with a McCourt quote! I think this will be my new crochet bag!
-an awesome journal with a bird painted on it and a quote form Memors of a Geisha inside.
-2 beautiful hand embrodered hankies!

Thanks meridithy!! I love everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I AM GETTING MARRIED ON AUGUST 13TH!!!
phantomssiren

Life's Too Short To Follow Patterns

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2007 06:29:19 AM »

Just got my swap parcel from Taerowyn. It was on top of a watering can in the back garden, god knows how long it was there for... Why don't postmen knock anymore?

I got-

* An hand embroidered Jane Eyre bookmark- "I am no bind; and no net ensnares me; I am a free human being with an independent will."
* A Jane Eyre microscope slide magnet- "come to me -- come to me entirely now. Make my happiness-- I will make yours." with Jane and Mr Rochester.
*A crocheted turquoise, pink and black garden scarf. That was for Delirium from The Sandman graphic novels.
* A Delirium microscope slide magnet.
* A white hoodie with "Veni, Vici..." on the front and "Vetinari" on the back with a stencil of the man himself. Squeeeeeeee! I love Vetinari... Yes I am a freak.
* A Pratchett microscope slide magnet- "A good bookshop is just a genteel blackhole that knows how to read."

Photos-

I just hope she likes the things I sent cos I've got major swap anxiety now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitty mcknitknit

I love scotch, scotchy scotch scotch, down it goes

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2007 07:53:37 AM »

Oh holy cow, what great stuff! I love Jane Eyre and am so upset I missed this swap. At least I can peruse what other brilliant bibliophiles made...that makes my day Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gumshoegal
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2007 12:37:45 PM »

great stuff i love the white hoodie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vegbee
Tutorial Contributor

tip-toeing though the pixels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2007 03:18:19 PM »

I am seriously drooling over the Vetinari hoodie!  The quotes are great, such wonderful goodies!

(btw, did you know there will be a third discworld swap soon?
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=117961.30;topicseen)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SoonFamo-Artiste
Addict To Crafts.

I am crafty obsess.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2007 04:42:19 PM »

I have received from DarthSqurl, a Reading Throw, Reading Is Sexy Underwear, Library Check Out Journal, and lots of bookmarks.  Will post pictures when I can.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2007 06:22:03 AM »

I love that Vetinari hoodie.

I received a great parcel from Scatter Kincaid. I got lots of goodies. I'll post pics later. I got a lovely wallet, a pouch with a magnifying glass, a journal, a reading is sexy T shirt, greeting cards, and three books ( a very funny book by Stuart McLean, a Canadian humorist, a vintage edition of Pride and Prejudice and a very cool vintage cook book.) Everything was perfect for my taste and was beautifully presented. The photos are a bit dark, everything looks better IRL.

http://photobucket.com/albums/k127/siobhannevin/_IMG_0356.jpg
This is everything together, except one of the books, which has vanished upstairs. The t shirt is so well done and I think she said it was her first time doing a silk screen. I put it on straight away.

http://photobucket.com/albums/k127/siobhannevin/IMG_0354.jpg
This is a close up of the wallet. I love detective novels so she put a skeleton key on it. Isn't it cool? The book with the purple leaves is the "story of the swap" - why she made things and her thoughts about what she made, which was a great idea.

http://photobucket.com/albums/k127/siobhannevin/IMG_0347.jpg
This is the journal with the book marks and the pouch and magnifying glass. The journal is covered with lilac corduroy. The bookmarks are covered with quirky fabric(isn't the little girl one great). I asked for a bookmark I couldn't lose so she made me 7, even to lose a few and still have one, hopefully.

http://photobucket.com/albums/k127/siobhannevin/IMG_0348.jpg
This is the reverse of the pouch with a Sherlock Holmes appliqué and the inside of the journal - she stamped every page with a '?' stamp!

http://photobucket.com/albums/k127/siobhannevin/IMG_0352.jpg
And finally this is a shot of the cards and two of the books. The Pride and Prejudice has lovely illustrations and the cookbook is so funny - "Catch his Eye with Pie" (I collect old cookbooks and household manuals, the cheesier the better) The cards feature pictures from another vintage cookbook.

Wasn't I spoiled?

« Last Edit: January 28, 2007 10:50:12 AM by Saor » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pintura and Curly Styling
A Curly Hairstyle for an Evening Look
Festive Holiday Hairstyles
How to Get a Quick Top Knot by Percy and Reed
How to Get a Quick Up Do by Percy and Reed
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...