A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
405 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Norah Gauhan cardigan from Vogue Knitting  (Read 45375 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yuvee
« Reply #140 on: February 04, 2007 01:45:56 PM »

Here's my progress picture

I love seeing it taking shape but I'm also concerned about the size. My pentagons are the right size but it seems to be able to stretch more. I'm really hoping it wouldn't be too big.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lipstickscorpion
« Reply #141 on: February 04, 2007 02:46:00 PM »

That looks fantastic!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
becky6
« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2007 05:35:38 AM »

I have about 4 pentagons done on mine, but then had to put it aside to make the earflap hat my daughter had asked for for Christmas and the mittens to go with it. Those are almost done, so I'll be able to get back to the sweater soon.

Listening to all of you I started getting worried about the size. Here's my plan if it comes out too big: Find someone the right size who likes it to give it to. My stepdaughter is a size (or 2) bigger than me and she likes the picture on the magazine, so if it's too big for me I'm giving it to her. She has already started asking me how I'm doing on "her" sweater. Way better than ripping it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dexterchickk
« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2007 11:23:57 AM »

Well, I started on the second row of pentagons, hoping they will pull it back into shape.  I hope so!  I've spent so much time on it when I should have been doing school work. *sigh*  If it is too big, I don't know who to give it to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yarnhag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 05, 2007 12:04:47 PM »

I wondered about making this longer, too.  I made a couple of shrugs last year, and never really wore them.  I guess part of the trick to cropped things is having a nice flat belly and some tight tank tops to show off under the knitting.  However, since I am currently enlarging due to the growth of my beloved fetus, something cute and short might be interesting... if it doesn't just look entirely ridiculous.  I think I might try this with the thinking that I can at least size it for my shoulders...

Can length be added as an afterthought?  I read VK's editorial on-line tutorial, and it sounded like you'd just add another row of pentagrams.  For those of you who are ahead on this thing, does that sound easy?

I'm also intrigued by the idea of picking up and doing ribbing around the bottom for 6 or 8 inches... hmmm....

I'll keep watching a while....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cnp71201
« Reply #145 on: February 05, 2007 12:07:12 PM »

Well, I started on the second row of pentagons, hoping they will pull it back into shape.  I hope so!  I've spent so much time on it when I should have been doing school work. *sigh*  If it is too big, I don't know who to give it to.

I hope it fits! But if it does turn out too big, and you have no one to give it to, perhaps you could find a charity auction, and contact Norah to ask if you could donate it to sell there. I bet one of these would sell for a lot at something like that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
lizellis22
« Reply #146 on: February 05, 2007 01:43:59 PM »

I am slightly afrain od the modular nature of this...I look forward to seeing how yours all come out so I can get the nerve to attempt it myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vysews
« Reply #147 on: February 05, 2007 08:42:09 PM »

I wondered about making this longer, too.  I'm also intrigued by the idea of picking up and doing ribbing around the bottom for 6 or 8 inches... hmmm....

I agree! I've thought about this too--to lengthen it and make it look like the sleeves do. I'm having trouble picturing which parts of which pentagons make up the bottom edge, though (was thinking about planning it ahead to see how feasible it would be, but it might be best to just jump in and do it)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cnp71201
« Reply #148 on: February 05, 2007 09:58:31 PM »

I don't have the magazine, but looking at the online picture again, the sweater looks HUGE on the model as well. I actually originally noticed this, but just assumed it was because she is TINY, and the sweater was probably knit for a larger size. Now I'm not so sure... maybe it's supposed to be so big. What do y'all think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
klement
« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2007 05:13:32 AM »

cnp71201 : I saw that too, but i also figured it was because she was TINY... But the smallest size is a 33 I think which is also the one i'm knitting but i'm hoping that it wont be too big!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Amazing Polar Umbrella Skyscraper Design
An Amazing Slide Design Inside a Home
How to Make a Baby Travel Kit
Japanese Artists Create Balloon Couture Dresses
Artist Creates Kitchen Accessories Inspired By Bizarre Human Biology
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...