I made this last fall. Comments:
1. The yarn is very bulky and hot since it's mostly acrylic. I can't fit it under any jackets... living in NYC I actually wanted to.
2. The gauge is WAY off... had to go up several needle sizes to 15's (if I remember correctly). AND... I emailed LB customer service about it and they insisted that the gauge was correct as is (1st of many dissatisfying answers from LB customer service). WHATEVER.
3. The arms could have been a bit longer, but I have long arms so I just wear it uncuffed.
4. The triangle pieces confused me ALOT. This was my first garment so I wasn't sure what to do at the points. You can't simply repeat the decrease instructions because at some point it get's too narrow (duh). So I emailed LB CS again and got another dissatisfying answer. After figuring it out on my own I noticed they didn't measurements didn't fit the size chart.... another series of equally dissatisfying emails ensued
. I ended up modifying in some fashion that worked but was not according to the pattern.
5. I picked up more stitches around the front than the pattern called for because it would have made the opening too small which worried me. In the end, I didn't bind off as loosely as I would have liked and so the ribbed edge doesn't fold over nicely like the picture.
Over all i'm satisfied with the result, if not with LB CS. It was a fast and satisfying knit. I got a few compliments on it. I'll post pics ASAP.
I agree- this pattern was way more confusing than necessary, especially the triangle part. I don't wear mine alot because it always falls off my shoulders and I never got a pin to hold it in place. All in all, I wouldn't recommend knitting this again.
(I also used an alpaca wool and it is pretty darn warm to wear!