A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
510 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2007 Quilt Blocks of the Month- Updated and Ready to Go!  (Read 5136 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

march
« on: January 02, 2007 05:13:40 PM »

So! After many months of putting aside, moving, having teeth ripped from my skull, and many other life events I've finally gotten my act together. Many thanks to LibbyK for reminding me that this is a fabulous craftalong and ought to be brought back. Without any further ado here we go.

Basic Idea

This craftalong will be designed very similarly to brilliantly put together first quilt block craftalong. To see some of the beautiful result check it out here.... http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=71050.0

Each month I will pick out two (possibly 3) 12" x 12" quilt block for us to try. You can do one or both and your block does not necessarily need to be 12 x 12. We can use this forum as a place to troubleshoot together and most importantly show each other the results!

Because I was slow to get this together we will be running from May to May... or possibly longer. Who knows really!

I have picked the following for May's designs, but in future months I would love to have suggestions for any type of technique to focus on or patterns that you just love! Please, give me input! and delicious cookies... you know or brownies. Or you could just stick to the input.   Grin

MAY
For this month I was thinking of the old saying, April showers, bring May flowers

Streaks of Lightening
http://www.quilterscache.com/S/StreakofLightningBlock.html

Rose Bud
http://www.quilterscache.com/R/RosebudBlock.html

JUNE

For this month I was thinking that simple blocks were in order! It's that time of year when people are busy (ha, as if people are only busy one month of the year...) So simple it is!

Amish Diamond
http://www.quilterscache.com/A/AmishDiamondBlock.html

The reason that Amish quilts are so recognizeable is that they use a limited color palette. Despite the seemingly austere design, the quilts often have very intricate quilting and are considered some of the best quilts in the US.

Waterwheel Variation
http://www.quilterscache.com/W/WaterwheelVariationBlock.html.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2007 08:56:00 AM by march » THIS ROCKS   Logged

heini
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007 12:54:31 AM »

Oh no! Too many tempting craftalongs and swaps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007 09:36:37 AM »

I'd be interested but I'm still working on trying to finish the 2006 quilt block of the month craft-a-long.  These craft-a-longs don't have to run from January to December so maybe you would get more interest if you started in a few months.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007 09:38:44 AM by Homerof2 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittybritches
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007 12:33:08 PM »

I'd be interested!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
march
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007 07:58:45 AM »

Oh me oh my! So I've decided to just go ahead and do this! I'm going to plan out everything and whatnot this weekend and then we're off!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ellen_a
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007 04:42:34 PM »

I don't have a machine with me here at school..but if the blocks look like something I can hand-stitch, I'd be interested...might be slightly hit-or-miss I guess.   Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aztma
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007 12:11:43 AM »

I am a newbie here also and I would love to join in on something like this.  I am also a new quilter so this would be a perfect way to learn new blocks.  If you start then  I am sure more will jump in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LaughingLark
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007 04:43:09 AM »

I'd love to try this. I bookmarked and followed the progress of last year's blocks, but I was feeling too ill most of the time (nonstop severe morning sickness for entire pregnancy) to take on a long term project. I'd love to work on my patchwork skills. 

Starting in the winter is fine with me! When it gets warmer, I will be taking Ian out a lot in his stroller. Right now, we are home all the time. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pibbgirl
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007 07:28:23 AM »

I am also still working on the 2006 quilt block craft-a-long, but I'd be interested in participating if another starts up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fort_loop
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007 11:37:40 AM »

I kept up with the 2006 quiltalong until shortly after my second child was born-- then  I got very busy!  Now I could either go back and work on the remaining 2006 blocks alone or join your 2007 QAL instead. I say, get it started and I'll do my best to keep up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Indian Ghee Recipe
Indian Seasoned Dal Recipe
Indian Dal Recipe
Indian Paneer Recipe
How to Make Sushi Soy Sauce
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...