A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,682
Currently Running With Scissors:
434 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2007 Wishlist January  (Read 7183 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shooting star
« on: January 02, 2007 01:01:06 PM »

THIS IS THE 2007 WISHLIST JANUARY SWAP, YOU
MUST PICK SOMEONE AND PM ME TO JOIN

Swap name: 2006 Wishlist December
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:  shooting star
Craftster member who is the backup organizer for this swap: irid3sc3nt
Sign-up date range: This swap lasts from 02/01/07-31/01/07
Date to send item by: Must send out item within 4 weeks of picking a partner-- the longer crafting time is so you can make bigger items
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No WAY!!
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Of course!
All ages allowed? Or 18+?  All ages.  If you are under 18 be sure that:
A)   you have your parents permission (you’ll be using their address OR a P.O. Box)
B)   you have access to a computer where you can keep in contact (i.e. if you get grounded from a home computer, you can use the one at the library/friends/etc.)
C)   you are able to walk/get a ride to the post office ON TIME
D)   you have enough supplies or funds to purchase supplies needed to create awesome crafted items

"Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO, I'm not organizing more than three swaps now.
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES (details shown below)

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed at least one swap successfully before signing up for more: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that
every participant meets these conditions: YES
All swappers MUST be pre-approved for this swap!

DETAILS:
This is a wishlist swap;  post a list and you may receive it!   Your list will need to consist of where you are from (it's okay to just put your state and/or country), crafted items that you would like (it helps greatly to include links to photographs, tutorials, etc.) and/or crafting supplies.

First: You will look through the lists of the people
who have already posted.  You will THEN pick someone from
there to craft for.

Second: As soon as you have messaged me, the organizer,
telling me who you would like to craft for and your answers to the
questionnaire,
I will tell you that you can post a list.

BASICS:
- to be able to post a list you have to craft for at least ONE person
- there must be AT LEAST 5 items on your list
- you can be picked as many times as you have items on your list
- if you have been picked 3 times, you have to pick one other person to craft for, then you can picked more...
- this swap starts fresh each month, so if you weren't picked from a previous round, you can post your list up in this round (after you've PMed me and been given approval)

- please use DC#s or get a copy of the customs number when sending your packages... this helps greatly if they're lost in the mail!
- regular communication is required, so PM me when you send and when you receive
- you can craft for more than one person if you want, just PM me who you'd like to craft for and I'll send you their address!

When one of your items is picked, you must cross it out on your list and thank the person sending the item to you.

Example:
Person B wants to have their list posted so they PM the organizer with their questionnaire answers, and what they want to craft from Person A’s list.  The organizer will then PM person B, give them person A’s address, then they can then post their list.

Person C wants to have a list up, so they choose from A OR B, PM the organizer their answers, the name of the person they want to craft for, and what they’re going to craft.   Then they wait until the organizer approves them and sends them the address of whom they have picked.  Then they can post their list.

Say person A has been chosen 3 times. For them to be picked more, they have to pick one more person to craft for. 
The organizer (me) will let you know when you need to pick someone else if you want to receive more items.

PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS FROM THIS ORGANIZER
*If you are going to be away from your postal service, you need to have a third party pick up your package and alert the organizer (me).
*Please don't PM me with your estimated date of sendout.  PM me after you have actually sent the package.
*If you have aversions to animal products or you have allergies that you feel need to be addressed, please include that in your introduction when you post your list (this isn't for me, it's for those who are crafting for you!).
*If you or your roommates smoke, please launder your crafts if possible or air-freshen them before sending.

PLEASE PM THE ORGANIZER WITH THE FOLLOWING
INFORMATION IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE

(Please make the title of your PM the name of the swap)

Name of swap: 2007 Wishlist January
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name and mailing address:
Who you pick:
What you are making:

Gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=144161
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007 09:13:49 AM by shooting star » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop

wists

My crafting blog

I'm looking for cable afghan (tunisian) crochet hooks. Personal swap anyone?
shooting star
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007 01:01:54 PM »

no feedback entered YET
positive feedback

Number of wishes granted by them  /  Number of times they have been picked for wishes

Craftsters taking part

Ember77 2 / 3 - free list
LaughingLark 1 / 2  angelling for Dulcinea
kayrun 1 / 1
Dulcinea 3 / 2
emiko 1 / 2 NEGATIVE
Silver Ilix 3 / 3
Miss Mermaid Strikes Back 1 / 2
yamwam 2/ 2
greenapples 4/ 2
Banga 1/ 1
eidnarb 1/ 2
sweetie pie press 0 / 2 - free list
Russkimom 1/ 1
calswimgal 1/ 1
teraspawn 1/ 2
enchanted_wool 1/ 1
constantina 1/ 1
i_am_138 1/ 1
luckie_strike 2/ 2
kitschkween 2/ 1
ShaynaYasha 1/ 0
koi 1/ 1
Odri 1/ 0
Elphalba 1/ 0
shiitake 1/ 0

craftsters that have yet to be picked

ShaynaYasha
Odri
Elphalba
shiitake

Craftsters that MUST craft for someone else to be picked again

« Last Edit: March 19, 2007 11:18:07 AM by shooting star » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop

wists

My crafting blog

shooting star
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007 01:02:32 PM »

Crafters and Send-Out Dates

Shipped
Shipped and Received
Late, with communication
Late, no communication
Send By.....

February 2nd
LaughingLark-->Ember77 for pin cushion

February 3rd
kayrun-->Ember77 for yarn and a surprise
Dulcinea-->kayrun for homemade soap and the size 7 knitting needles

February 4th
emiko-->Dulcinea for (beaded) hair sticks
Silver Ilix-->LaughingLark for seed beads

February 5th
Miss Mermaid Strikes Back-->Silver Ilix for purse

February 6th
Silver Ilix-->emiko for heat pad

February 7th
yamwam-->Silver Ilix for stitch markers
greenapples-->Ember77 for taggie blanket for a girl
Banga-->Miss Mermaid Strikes Back for wisty surprise

February 8th
Dulcinea-->Banga for knitted tube top
Ember77-->LaughingLark for 4mm beads
Ember77-->greenapples for knitting stuff

February 11th
eidnarb-->Dulcinea for felted camera case

February 12th
Russkimom-->eibnarb for felted knitting needle case
calswimgal-->eibnarb for stitch markers
teraspawn-->emiko for journal/planner

February 13th
Silver Ilix-->yamwam for shiney jewelry and a surprise

February 14th
enchanted_wool-->sweetie pie press for hand dyed wool
yamwam-->teraspawn for knitted wrist cuff

February 15th
constantina-->yamwam for sparkly jewelry

February 16th
i_am_138-->calswimgal for fabric and posibly something else

February 21st
luckie_strike-->enchanted_wool for cotton fruit-shaped potholders
kitschkween-->constantina for kitschy gumball charms
ShaynaYasha-->Silver Ilix for pincushion

February 22nd
koi-->luckie_strike for calorimetry
greenapples-->Miss Mermaid Strikes back for a calorimetry
greenapples-->luckie_strike for calorimetry

February 23rd
luckie_strike-->greenapples for crocheted headband

February 24th
Odri-->kitschkween for sweets and a wisty surprise
kitschkween-->i_am_138 for handmade soap

February 25th
Dulcinea-->Koi for a wist item
Elphalba-->teraspawn for altoids

February 26th
greenapples-->Russkimom for Calorimetry

February 27th
shiitake-->sweetie pie press for silk screened tote
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007 11:16:42 AM by shooting star » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop

wists

My crafting blog

Ember77

Shopaholic Against Reform

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007 07:36:58 AM »

Happy New Year! I'm in Toronto, Canada!  I'm 29... work full time and volunteer the majority of my free time to a children's community theatre company.  I just got a puppy about a month ago and it's been so awesome. I love to knit, felt and learn about new crafts.  I have a new sewing machine that I haven't done much more than look at. I'm itching to learn how to use it! 

Here's my list: [thanks so much for taking the time to look through it!]

1. Taggie Blanket kit - fabric, ribbons and instructions. I would love to learn how to make some for some very pregnant friends! ie. What the heck is minky fabric?

1a. Taggie Blanket for a girl  THANKS SO MUCH, greenapples!!!
2. Stenciling kit for onesies, bibs and burb cloths - it's a baby making virus and all my friends have it!

3. Caron Simply Soft Yarn - i can't find it here. I would love colours in white, grey, black, blues, greens, chocolate brown, reds... enough to make a hat or mittens!

4. pincushion - i don't have one! I would adore one of those lovely flower pin cushions that have been cropping up everywhere!   Thanks so much LaughingLark! You rock!

5. soap making kit - especially the teeny tiny soaps found here!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=965.0

6. sewing kit - I have visions of making kanzashi flowers, tote bags, fabric headbands, cinnamon scented hot pads and quilts. My fabric stash is pitiful. And I'm pretty clueless about where to begin. Huh  A project to get my started would be fantastic.

7. Supplies - yarn, wool roving, wool felt, ribbon, fabric (fleece, cotton)... if you're cleaning out your closet after the holidays....*hint hint nudge nudge*   THANKS kayrun!! I can't wait!

8. A doggy bag - as in a diaper bag for my puppy! I don't know why, but we can't travel light when we go visiting. There's the poop bag, toys, wipes, treats, food, towel, paper towels in case of accidents etc.

9. Small fabric bag - like a lunch bag or something shaped like a typical gift bag but sturdier - if it can be embroidered with my puppy's name on it, that'd be so awesome... she can take it with her to puppy daycare and it can hold her leash, treats, toys and food for the day.  (I know what you're thinking...puppy daycare?!!!)

10. A fabric belt - something in pink, white, brown, blue...fun/flirty...

11. Tissue paper holder

12. amigurumi  - cat, dog, turtle...

13. fabric headbands

14. Pink Sock Monkey like this one:http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=126018.0

15. lipbalm holder/keychain

Surprise me from my wists!  There's lots of loves and stuff I drool over on it!http://www.wists.com/Ember77

thanks so so so so much for looking!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007 10:19:23 AM by Ember77 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dreams, born and living, have but one soul; Yours.

Visit the insanity:
http://essentialnatalie.blogspot.com/

PM me for personal swaps!!
LaughingLark
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007 05:28:24 PM »

Hi there! I'm Kristin, in Missouri. I'm a 43 year old mom of three boys.

Here's my list:

1. I love koi, and would like something koi-themed to decorate my home. I'm starting a collection.  Grin

2. Seed beads! Stashbust all over me if you have too many! Cheesy Santa brought me a beadspinner, so I will be going through lots of them. I prefer that the beads not be mixed-together colors, so I can just put them in my beadspinner and get to work with them, without sorting them first. I will be making lots of French-beaded flower whatsits this winter.Thank you, Silver Ilix!

3. 4mm beads of any material, except for mini pony beads. Glass, plastic, wood, metal, E-beads---it's all good.  Smiley Hooray!! Thank you, Ember77!!

4. Bits of interesting fabrics for making Omiyage and small patchwork projects. I love jewel tones and oriental themes. Small scraps are fine, as my projects are almost always small.

5. Something for my husband to throw his keys and ID badge into when he comes home from work. I'm trying to get him to keep them in one place, so he does not have to hunt for them.  Roll Eyes Maybe a small, shallow tray of some kind? He loves old-time Chicago blues, so maybe decorate it with a blues-themed collage?  Smiley

6. A fused glass pendant.

7. Resin and sequin pendants or fridge magnets! I love the look of these, but since I have athsma, I'm afraid to try making my own. I hear there are fumes involved.  Sad

Thanks in advance to anyone who picks me!

« Last Edit: January 11, 2007 11:39:51 AM by LaughingLark » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kayrun
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007 08:22:19 AM »

Happy New Year to everyone!
I am Karen G in Georgia, USA.
Age = 40-ish
My list:

earrings - - need clip-ons, but would love something funky/beaded maybe?

anything with polka dots!

handmade soap thanks, Dulcinea!

I like this bag:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=31017.0
(maybe a little smaller?  in polka-dots even?)

throw pillows in tan, forest green or sage

size 7US knitting needles (Susan Bates preferred) thanks, Dulcinea!

a magic yarn ball sounds intriguing

knitting magazines (used/regifted are fine)

craft kits that would be good with elem. students (I have 11 students)

I am an ESL teacher, so I love anything to do with languages/international cultures, especially Asia (Japan).

No allergies, but don't like the smell of cig. smoke.
I like any & all colors, and am generally very easy to please!
Thanks for looking over my list....
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007 04:40:43 PM by kayrun » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dulcinea
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007 09:34:27 AM »

Hi, I'm Amy, in Wisconsin, USA...... right... about me.  I'm the old lady in the crowd, the one peering over the bifocals.  I have 2 teenagers, and my day job is a computer programmer.  I have no allergies, no issues with animal products, would prefer to avoid religion/religion articles and politics at all costs.... my favorite colors are the jewel tones, think ruby, sapphire, emerald... i don't do terribly well with pastels.  We live in an apartment, where space is always at a premium... so small things that sit on tables and shelves and don't do anything except collect dust aren't a great thing here.

wish list!

handspun yarn - any color, any weight, as long as it's enough to make something out of it

hand painted yarn - do you love to Kool-Aid dye?  i'm in an apartment, and I'm massively afraid to try it here... so if you love to dye the yarn (specially the painted technique) and wanted to send the results, I'd probably be your best friend for life!

Noro Kureyon yarn - any leftovers - parts of a ball, a full ball - there's a blanket on knitty.com I'd love to make, and it uses a lot of this - so if you have any leftovers, I'd love to be able to turn them into a blanket!

felting yarn - bright colors, reds, burgundy, blues are favorites

squares to make a quilt - 6" x 6", please.  I'll piece everything together (and post the results). <<< Thanks, xLadyLuckx - and yes, I want more!!

Unusual writing weapons... i mean, i don't want it to leak all over my purse, but if you had working fountain pens that you just don't use anymore, I'd be delighted to put them back to work!

anything inspired by my wist  http://www.wists.com/Dulcinea

thick athletic socks with slouchy cuffs - on my wist, there's a pair for the style I like

ribbons - anything bright color or sparkly - maybe about an inch, inch and a half wide?  we use them to patch jeans, and for piecing together parts for other projects

felted case for my digital camera - so i don't scratch the screen - PM for dimensions.

Anything Philadelphia eagles football for my son, who loves them

Thanks in advance to anyone who chooses me
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007 11:59:56 AM by Dulcinea » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
emiko

glass eyes make me excited in bad ways

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007 06:36:08 PM »

Hello! I'm in Georgia, USA~ I turn 24 on the 19th this month, and still dont know what I want ot be when I 'grow up' ;P I'm currently 'in between jobs', but hopefully will be starting up my own small business soon. I love crafting, some of my 'specialties' are felting, beading, reconstruction/repurposing (really, if it's something, I try to make it used for something else!), papercrafts, some light hand-sewing, and an assortment of other random things ^^ My favorite colors are black, red, silvers, purples... I am not a fan of yellow, orange, or brown! Basically, my Wists read me like a book!

Here is my wishlist Cheesy

Crafty Things
- Needlefelting tool, like Clover's
- Bookbinding // Soap making // Sewing // Crochet // Knitting Kit.... I really like learning new things, so any sort of kit would go over greatly with me Cheesy
- Wool roving (any colors)

- Heating Pad- like these, or however you choose to make them Smiley I will be a very happy girl to have this! Thank you Silver Ilix! I'm so excited!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

- An apron... I prefer the kind that go all the way up... like this: http://www.henryandlulu.com/images/product/127ED_JES0020200.jpg But I'll love a cute ]little apron too

- Anything inspired from my Wist list Smiley http://www.wists.com/emiko  There's a lot on there, so I'm fairly confident you'll find something Smiley

- A journal/planner/calander/something that will help me actually keep track of my *ahem* period  Lips sealed It might be a wierd request/wish, but I'm terrible at this on my own~

- A tote bag to carry felting tools, wool, yarn, crochet hooks... So I can carry my crafty things around Cheesy

I'm pretty easy to please, but if you're not sure about something, just ask Cheesy I know my list seems kind of short, but the meat of it all is on the Wist list. I'll try to add some more stuff later Smiley

Thank you!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007 11:03:09 AM by emiko » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-a bit broken right now. taking a 'break' (har har har) from crafting for a bit.
Silver Ilix
Up Late

Make your own way........

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007 10:58:17 PM »

Hello there! This is my first Swap! I am so excited!!! Let me see......... a little about me. I am 28 living in British Columbia Canada. I love to knit, felt and bead! I am hoping to learn to spin this month too!! (never can learn too much!) I am a potter by trade usually, but at the moment I don't have a studio.......but I'm working on that! LOL I am a jewel tone kinda girl, like stars and giraffes, skulls Cheesy and I am really looking forward to seeing others crafts! I am pretty easy going and I just love the spirit of giving.....

Wish list
1. Pincushion.......wh atever you like, preferably I'd like it to show of your style. To have it reflect it's maker!Thank you ShaynaYasha I am super excited!!:D

2. Stuffie. Again I would love a suprise.....somethi ng soft please. To keep me company at the computer

3. Purse/Bag. I love the jordie bag, but any small purse will do really, wanna put skulls on it......I totally understand! go for it! Thank you Miss Mermaid Strikes Back.......I can't wait!

4. Wool. I am really trying to work with some new types of wool and I would love to help you lighten your stash by taking some off your hands........say two balls (enough for a purse)

5. Handmade knitting acoutroments....... .. stitch markers, needles with funky tops.......whatever . Thanks yamwam! that is awesome!

6. A Knit fox kit from Crafty Alien........http://www.craftyalien.com/
(this may be a long shot.......but it's a wish list right!)

Please let me know if you have any questions...... look forward to playing with you.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007 03:28:28 PM by Silver Ilix » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: www.uplatedesigns.b logspot.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I had set him free. *Michanlengelo
Miss Mermaid Strikes Back

spirit day was crazy

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007 01:29:21 PM »

alrighty, its my turn! im Ariel, im fifteen, im a sophmore in highschool. im Dulcinea's kid...but please, remember that we are separate craftsters. i am a knitter ((learned from moms step mom)) a crocheter ((learned from mom)) a sew-er((also mom)) a book and kanzashi flower maker ((self taught)) and a newfound spinner((learned from an older woman in my area, who rocks!)) im located in Wisconsin((of course...i LIVE with Dulcinea!))

on to the list!

pretty pretty roving...as long as its got long staples((longer peices of fiber)) then i will be able to spin it...solid or variegated colors are fine...i want to spin as much as possible this semester.

amy butler fabric, enough to make at least a small bag with...

non-acrylic yarn---any color any fiber, but i especially love Patons SWS//Plymouth Boku//Noro((ANY)) pretty much any of the self striping ones that have really big stripes and gradual color shifts

a knitting kit to make the eunny jang end paper mitts...i dont need the needles...but directions with tips, yarn, funky stitch markers, bobbins for my second color would all be FANTABULOUS!

LONG SHOTS
a full set of double ended felt dreads like jane doe makes...preferably either hot pink and lime green, or jewel tones.

the rock n roll backpack from SNB:KH in the monkey variations...

anything off of my wist of course!((link in signature)) but talk to xladyluckx first...shes my rockin' IYP partner!

i honestly cant think of what else to add without stealing my other lists...and i want this one to be a special list...so if you think of something for me, feel free to PM me, but these are the things i would REALLLLLY like. 

thanks in advance for anyone who choses to craft for me!

cheers
Ariel

EDITED TO ADD MORE STUFF!
knit crochet or sewn headbands....can never have too many!...im finding i love wearing them

LONG SHOT
someone willing to patch up my jeans...ive been doing it but my stitching sucks...i will ((obviously)) send you my dieing jeans, and would  you make them fun for me? i dont care with what...fabric ribbons patches anything...just as long as they come back not falling apart anymore, i would be THRILLLLLLLLED
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007 01:33:19 PM by Miss Mermaid Strikes Back » THIS ROCKS   Logged

join the september wish list swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=193590.0

www.wists.com/MissMermaid

enjoy felting? want to trade for some wool dreads? PM me!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Tie a Decorative Bow
How to Tie a Square Knot Properly
Choosing Sewing Machine Thread
How to Identify the Parts of a Sewing Machine
How to Sew a Throw Pillow
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...