A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,139
Currently Running With Scissors:
588 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2007 Wishlist January  (Read 7363 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yamwam
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007 12:56:26 PM »

Hey man, I'm Julia from Ottawa, Canada. Thanks for browsing my wishlist!

+ jewelry that incorporates shiny and/or sparkly beads Thank you Silver Ilix! Thank you constantina!

+ a tote-sized purse that zips at the top or has some other kind of closure

+ a crocheted Ewok

+ a quilted purse

+ a microscope-slide pendant

+ fabric, because I just got my very own sewing machine and I can never have enough material. I like plaid, corduroy, and crazy prints

+ skeins of 100% wool or cotton yarn (no novelty yarns! Why does everybody like those?)

+ origami paper, especially the oversized kind (like 12"x12")

+ knitting magazines like Knit.1 or Vogue Knitting

+ Interweave Knits, Spring 2004 issue

+ anything from the wistlist

That's all I can think of... for now.

A little about me: I'm a 19-year-old student in French-English translation, which naturally means I'm a huge nerd. I speak English, French, German, Latin, and very rudimentary Arabic. My hobbies are knitting, embroidery, reading, shopping and baking. I'm also a big TV addict (TVdict? Oh wait, there's already a word for it: couch potato.). My favourite colour is green and I find the colour brown objectionable, but all other hues are fair game. I love Martha Stewart, big dangly earrings, chocolate, Star Wars, yarn, Colin Firth, Wallace and Gromit, trees, tea, enormous rings, Christmas, and sales. My dream is to travel to the UK.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007 08:36:54 PM by yamwam » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loose pleats sink fleets

Wists
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007 06:21:46 PM »

Hi! I'm Joanna, a 27 yr. old recently married, temporarily unemployed high school teacher/craftster/world traveler/scholar/rockstar. Okay, I made up the last one. I am obsessed with chocolate, live music, books, Top Chef, paper, shoes, travel, and shiny objects. I have a travel blog with a swap info page if you want to know anything more (Link in my sig!).

My list:
Jewelry:
- a nestlace with something other than eggs in it. Maybe a turtle?
- I would adore you if you made me a love letter necklace like Uli's on Project Runway! It can be all silver, or even a colored clay envelope if you want. It would be awesome if the little letter could have the initials J and E written on it. These are the best pics I can find! http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway/photos/season/3/designers/Uli_Herzner
- A version of one of these pendants with a leather cord http://www.spoonfedart.com/gallery/gallery.html
 *p.s. I prefer shorter necklaces to really long ones*

Craft stuff:
- Colorful roving! I'm a newly addicted felter and can't get enough!
- A grab bag of fun trims and ribbons
- Needle felting kit
- rubber stamps, ink pads

Knit/crochet:
- A calorimetry in mixed colors like this http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTcalorimetry.html
- I also love the "Dynomite" knucks! http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/PATTknucks.html
- Knee socks. Especially stripes or argyle. I'm a US size 9-9 1/2, but you don't need to make them yourself!

Other:
- A monster stuffie like this! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=136306.40
- I love all things PaPaYa, one of their journals or cards would be awesome, but a handmade journal inspired by them would be awesome also!
http://shop.hannahgrey.com/index.php?cPath=290
- A swap journal - there is a bound one on my wists that is perfection
- I adore screenprinted, stenciled, and embellished tees/tanks/hoodies. Women's small for tees and tanks, medium for a hoodie. I especially love zip up hoodies with large hoods cause I have a big head and lots of hair. See my wists or PM me for ideas.
- I'd love a medium sized purse, but with a strap/handle, not a clutch! Perhaps a fun or vintage print, there are tons on my wists if you need an idea.
- a knitted tube top like la_chrystelle's! *cough* Dulcinea *cough*  Wink

And of course, anything from my lengthy wists!

Thanks for perusing my list!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
greenapples

I have a knitting obsessed baby boy!

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007 06:29:43 PM »

Hi - I'm Tamara - also from Ottawa, Canada :)I'm a SAHM to a 2.5yr old girl, and have another baby on the way. I love to sew, quilt (actually, quilting is  a love/hate thing for me) and I've just recently discovered a love for knitting.

My wish list:

* Anything baby-related! Hats, onesies, sweaters - WHATEVER! Smiley Needs to be unisex though, as we don't know if we're having a boy or girl  Cheesy

* Anything for my daughter - she loves bright colours, polkadots, bears, puppies, ducks, strawberry shortcake, costumes/dress up gear, and is lately on a skirt/dress kick. She wears a 4T if anyone wants to make her anything clothing related (the kid LOVES clothes - especially ones with polkadots - nothing too frilly though - unless it's a costume). Generally - she's an easy kid to please Smiley

* An Amy Butler Nappy bag (or the pattern itsself Grin)

* Anything knitting related - patterns, needles, yarn - not picky on colours Smiley Thanks Ember77!

* I think those mystery yarn balls look mighty interesting

*Handmade soap

*wraparound headbands thanks luckie_strike !

*stitch markers/ kit to make stitch markers

*A container or tin to keep my stitch markers in

* Anything from my wist www.wists.com/craftymum

*Calorimetry from Knitty - I made one that I love - but it doesn't look quite like everyone elses! (HAHA! I finally figured out what it was I did wrong and made an awesome one today!)

Basically, anything handmade or yarn/knitting related makes me happy and makes my day!

« Last Edit: January 30, 2007 01:16:10 PM by greenapples » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like something I've made? I'm always up for personal swaps - just send me a PM!
sweetie pie press
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007 09:25:18 AM »

okay, here is my wishlist:

1) any vintage rubber office stamps (numbering stamps, paid stamp, entered stamp).

2) a silkscreened or embroidered canvas/cotton tote bag for healthier shopping. thasnks shiitake! me and my groceries can't wait

3) some handspun/dyed wool to make something wonderful out of. the ones i have seen here with sari silk in them are amazing but anything will be great! thank you so much, enchanted_wool!

4) embroidered tea towel(s) for my new apatment.

5) a big, sturdy, washable messenger bag with a couple of extra pockets (maybe something simple like a brown corduroy...or any scraps you have lying around). i also have a few lovely silkscreened patches that i could mail to you to be incorporated, if you felt crazily inspired.

6) anything from/inspired by this.

7) a needle felting kit

8) any kind of weird stuffy or doll

9) a strongly scented lavender oil spray (i have been convinced that this will scare off moths).

10) a leaflet, zine or how-to on spinning for beginners.

and i am located in toronto, canada.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007 02:28:46 PM by sweetie pie press » THIS ROCKS   Logged

eidnarb
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007 12:22:40 PM »

Hi there! My name is Brandie (my screen name backwards  Tongue )
I'm 30 and live near Cincinnati OH, you can stalk me here , I also have a wists page. I'm really into knitting and felting, I'm just beginning to learn both, so if you have any leftovers or beginners supplies, it would be greatly appreciated.

Here's my January wishlist: in no particular order

• colinette point 5 scraps, or any handspun or hand painted yarns, i like natural fibers like wool
  • knitting supplies: row counter, stitch markers thanks calswimgal , bamboo needles (I don't have any circular needles yet)
  • felting supplies: wool roving (any color), a needle felting kit would be nice (w/pattern)
  • amigurmi kit w/easy instructions.... how do you all make those wonderful creatures?

If you'd like to make something I'd really like:
Swapping is so much fun! Thanks for reading my list!

Plus another shout out to calswimgal for a surprise from my wists!!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007 12:08:49 PM by eidnarb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

calswimgal
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007 10:39:42 AM »

Hi my name is bree and I live in sacramento, ca. I basically love all things and absolutely love trying new things. yeah i sew, crochet, make jewlery, and am learning how to spin yarn so here it is...

Kits:
Polymer clay (more for beads and jewelry)

Shrinky dinks kit

Make your own stamp kit? ( have no idea if that is to much to ask for or not)

Journal/book making

Crafted things:
some cool and funky stitch markers( for crocheting so need to open and close)

Felted soap

Hand spun yarn

Some knitty knucks http://www.knitty.com/issuesummer06/PATTknucks.html

Fused glass pendant

An amigurumi of a horse, giraffe, hippo, or anything your good at

Handmade soap

handmade stamps

Random:
roving (any kind im just learning how to spin and would love more)

Something for my cat and or dog

crochet or sewing magazines

Always in need of fabric thanks i_am_138!!

I love yarn

Maybe a package of just craft supplies (you could pm me for details)

And of cross anything form my wist
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007 02:53:14 PM by calswimgal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists-- http://www.wists.com/calswimgal

uhhh personal swaps?..................................... hell yeah!!!
will do anything for a cute pair of knitty knucks for this winter!
teraspawn
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007 11:25:58 AM »

About me:
I'm Beth, I'm eighteen years old and I live in England. I'm a vegetarian but I'm okay with wool and honey, etc. I consider black, white, denim and rainbow to be useful neutrals
Things I like quotes from: Firefly, Buffy, Oscar Wilde, Blackadder, Eddie Izzard, The Princess Bride, Discworld, PG. Wodehouse, The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy...
Random things I like: cherries, pirates, polka-dots, octopuses, geeky maths or music stuff, flowers, hippy things, roses, stripes, pin-up girls, sweetie motifs, bright colours.

My list
- Altoids cherry/cinnamon/apple flavour gum, or Altoids sours in those little round tins (link). I can't get them here in the UK! This would be the best thing to get out of anything Smiley Thank you, Elphalba!
- Bits of fabric of any colour, size or type.  The same applies for yarn.
- Niceish paper that I could make a book out of - I love book binding! - or some handmade paper for cardmaking, scrapbooking, etc.
- Lip balm, solid perfume (I like vanilla!), solid bubble bath or some other handmade cosmetics-type thing.
- Snazzy hair clips or hair bands - I've just started growing my hair and I have a distinct lack of things to put in it. I'd especially love something with kanzashi flowers (link).
- A wrist cuff of some form. (link) (link) (link) Thank you, Yamwam!
- Fingerless gloves, the kind with a little mitten top (link) (link).
- A t-shirt (I'm a US size 10) with some cute slogan, picture or a quote from my list ^ (although... could you PM me about the slogan/quote before stencilling the shirt?)

(I'll add to this as I think of things)

Thank you for looking at my list  Kiss
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007 06:56:02 AM by teraspawn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

RusskiMom
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007 01:26:11 PM »

Hi guys! I'm Carolyn, an American living in Russia for the last twelve years. I'm a nerd, I mean accountant, though for the last year I've been teaching English as it has much more flexibility (helpful so that I can find time to do paper crafts, knit, bead, and occasionally cook and clean for my two boys, ages 6 and Cool.

My wishlist:

Anything you're good at. I love new crafts/ideas so I'm open to whatever you're passionate about.

If you're looking for something more specific:

jewelry - would love to see some good wirewrapped or fused jewelry, as mine looks like a toddler did it.

small knitting projects - any cool ideas that I could rip off (I mean, borrow) to make gifts. Maybe a caliometry from Knitty Thank you Greenapples! Cheesy, or fingerless gloves.

handmade books, journals.

leftover beads, paper, collage materials.

handcarved stamps

sock yarn

handmade knitting needles

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007 09:41:21 PM by RusskiMom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Nonsense is good only because common sense is so limited." - George Santayana
Velvet Rose
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2007 03:06:07 AM »

Hi there! My name is Wendy and I live in Australia.

I am passionate about feltmaking and needle felting.

I wish for.....

CRAFT SUPPLIES
- heavy gauge felting needles for the Clover needle felting tool
- Clover needle felting brush
- silk scarves for felting (need to be 100% silk)
- medium to large glass foil beads in deep reds, purples, or ocean colours

HAND CRAFTED ITEMS
- a pair of woollen knitted socks in deep burgundy red, or deep purple - my shoe size is about an 8

- some fruit shaped cotton crocheted pot holders (e.g strawberries, plums, apples) thank you so much luckie_strike!

- some thick square knitted/crocheted pot holders in dark red or dark green

- A pair of crochet earrings in any of these colours:
http://photos.imageevent.com/enchanted_wool/infoformyswappartners/small/de173b73aa35bf4ac164699802454dec-orig.png
I need sterling silver hooks as my ears are allergic to the normal stuff

- A set of hand made cards with a "crafty" theme that I can send to my swap partners

- I would love a pair of knitted pure wool socks in berry, grape, claret or purple tones. My shoe size is US 8 1/2 or Australian/UK 8

- A "Sewing Goodies" bag in my fave colours http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=73010.0

To find out more about my likes and dislikes please click on the link below:
http://imageevent.com/enchanted_wool/infoformyswappartners

Thanks to anyone who choose to grant me a wish!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007 11:53:30 AM by enchanted_wool » THIS ROCKS   Logged

constantina
Mildly insane.. just.. mildly..

Caesura Seizure

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2007 03:33:46 AM »

Hey guys =) I'm Michelle and I'm 18 this year. I study in New Zealand but I live in Singapore. I love making jewellery, watching movies (tons of them), !!!grey's anatomy!!!, nip/tuck and one tree hill. I listen to tons of music too! Cheesy In a nutshell, I like to be different, try new things and have fun. Right now, I really really want to go to Egypt.

A crochet kit with some crochet hooks, an instruction book/pattern book and some yarn[/li][/list]

A bag of assorted charms (for jewellery)... preferably kitschy ones like gumball charms or really cute vintage ones... I can't

get them ANYWHERE around here...

Polymer clay kit! (mostly to make cute jewellery)[/li][/list]

Shrinky Dinks!

Knitted/crocheted fingerless gloves Cheesy

A cool poster for my wall Cheesy

A nerdy tote bag with a button closure at the top preferably

A Surprise Wink

That's all I can think of for now.. will add more stuff when I do =)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007 03:35:48 AM by constantina » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Personal Distance with our Images
How to Create Good Black and White Tone
How to Achieve Balance Amongst your Images
How to Crop to Achieve Image Balance
How to Use Negative Spaces in Images
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...